Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 9 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #241
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Okay here are the results

Mix Buss The Glue and Duende snippets

A = Duende
B= The Glue

Heavy Settings The Glue and Duende

A The Glue
B Duende

Last edited by redroom; 18th March 2009 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Oops got one wrong way around
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #242
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom ➑️
Okay here are the results

Mix Buss The Glue and Duende snippets

A = Duende
B= The Glue

Heavy Settings The Glue and Duende

A The Glue
B Duende
Thanks for conducting the test. Could you please post the dry audio and the settings you used?

Andre Simper
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #243
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom ➑️
Attack 10
Release 1
Ratios each at Max

The Glue was silly at these settings so I had to play with the range and filter
to stop ot being a mush.

There is a lot of power in those 2 controls
To match the duende you should leave the Sidechain highpass at "Off".

Andrew Simper
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #244
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
To match the duende you should leave the Sidechain highpass at "Off".

Andrew Simper
I was not trying to match settings I was going for the best vibe on the loop
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #245
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
Thanks for conducting the test. Could you please post the dry audio and the settings you used?

Andre Simper

Will do but I will have to post the Duende settings as the Glue trialdoes not re-call
the only difference is the make up gain.
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #246
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom ➑️
I was not trying to match settings I was going for the best vibe on the loop
Could you please post the settings that you used and the dry loop?

Andrew Simper
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #247
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
Could you please post the settings that you used and the dry loop?

Andrew Simper

Attack 10
Release 1
Ratios each at Max so Duende 20 an Glue 10
Thresholds set accordingly

The Glue had the range at about 35
Also the filter at about 200

Sorry but I have no dry version of the Heavy settings as I did not save the song
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #248
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Great, thanks for that. I'll post some examples soon and I'll match the settings a little better and make sure the volume is more even and post there here for people to check out.

Andrew Simper
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #249
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Ooops file did not attache
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #250
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom ➑️
Which do you prefer?
I prefer B.
But, it's not actually right to set the same amounts of attack, release, threshold and etc. You need to get best result from them. Otherwise this test don't have any points. Every compressor behave differently on the same values set of.
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #251
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Andy here is the dry version of the Duende vs The Glue Mix Bus Snippet


Settings

Attack 3 both Plugs
Realese both plugs
Ratio 2 both plugs
Threshold 2 to 3 db both plugs

Make up gain 2db Duende the Glue more like 3db
The Glue Range at Full
Attached Files

Mix Bus Snippet Dry.mp3 (2.51 MB, 732 views)

Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #252
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igro ➑️
I prefer B.
But, it's not actually right to set the same amounts of attack, release, threshold and etc. You need to get best result from them. Otherwise this test don't have any points. Every compressor behave differently on the same values set of.

Yes I agree
Thats why I did the second set of files with Heavy settings where each compressor
was et to do the best with what options it had.
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #253
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Okay this is the first time I have ever posted comparison files and I realise that
I should have kept it that way.

And please no more GLue heads sending me PMs
I happen to tink the plug is very good okay

It does not matter which way you do it someone always has something to criticise
about how the files were made etc.


The bottom line is Demo the Glue and if your interested in a Duende your have
to work out a deal with your music gear pimp.
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #254
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
May i share my thoughts ?

I love the Glue !!! i just finished mixing a track (Electronic) and the Glue gives me the grit and punch that i'm looking for.

It immediately made me think : "Ah, that's how they get that sound"

In all fairness, I think the key for using this plug is to start and mix "through it" rather than adding it once the mix is finished.

I love the results, and i'm going to purchase it as soon as i find the link to do so !!!
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #255
Lives for gear
 
Faderjockey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by San01 ➑️
May i share my thoughts ?

I love the Glue !!! i just finished mixing a track (Electronic) and the Glue gives me the grit and punch that i'm looking for.

It immediately made me think : "Ah, that's how they get that sound"

In all fairness, I think the key for using this plug is to start and mix "through it" rather than adding it once the mix is finished.

I love the results, and i'm going to purchase it as soon as i find the link to do so !!!
Yes you should always do that anyway. Works better.. Keeps you from over using it when you apply it late in the game.
I always mix into comps..
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #256
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg64 ➑️
http://cytomic.com/downloads/Cytomic_TheGlueTrial_ v1.0.7_Mac_Au.zip
http://cytomic.com/downloads/Cytomic_TheGlueTrial_ v1.0.7_Mac_Vst.zip
http://cytomic.com/downloads/Cytomic_TheGlueTrial_ v1.0.7_Win_Vst.zip

The current versions afaik - these links still work. Be sure the entire URL is in the browser's address field, including the v1.0.7_Mac_Au.zip bit.
Great, got it now. Thanks.
Old 18th March 2009 | Show parent
  #257
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey ➑️
Yes you should always do that anyway. Works better.. Keeps you from over using it when you apply it late in the game.
I always mix into comps..
Any reason the Glue woudn't be useful in a mastering chain?
Old 19th March 2009 | Show parent
  #258
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Need that RTAS version baby!
Old 19th March 2009 | Show parent
  #259
Lives for gear
 
wildpark's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
well the idea behind glue is nice and for a bit glue i can confirm it does the job in the upper midrange too lowmids,

but i dont like how it sounds in the highs edgy plastic clinical grindy like the waves plugs on the top

that dosent mean that glue its on the same step with waves or duende
Old 19th March 2009 | Show parent
  #260
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Has anybody done a comparison between The Glue and the UAD Bus Compressor? Or are they such different animals that there would be no point?
Old 19th March 2009 | Show parent
  #261
Gear Guru
 
SWAN808's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmccoy ➑️
Has anybody done a comparison between The Glue and the UAD Bus Compressor? Or are they such different animals that there would be no point?
I have done this - they are quite different to be honest. PBC is more transparent and has less character. It is more versatile and retains more bass freq even when using the filter on the Glue. Without the Mix or range knob I found the Glue to be quite limited and suited to only certain material - however with those functions it opens more possibilities...

Many people dont fall in love with the UAD PBC due to its relative characterless performance (compared to UAD other character compressors) - but I recently started using it again and it is a top notch processor. In fact I found that the Glue + PBC were quite a good combination - doing say the main compression with the PBC and having the Glue set up before with just a small amount (using the mix knob) giving the signal a bit of SSL character and snap...
Old 19th March 2009 | Show parent
  #262
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 ➑️
I have done this - they are quite different to be honest. PBC is more transparent and has less character. It is more versatile and retains more bass freq even when using the filter on the Glue. Without the Mix or range knob I found the Glue to be quite limited and suited to only certain material - however with those functions it opens more possibilities...

Many people dont fall in love with the UAD PBC due to its relative characterless performance (compared to UAD other character compressors) - but I recently started using it again and it is a top notch processor. In fact I found that the Glue + PBC were quite a good combination - doing say the main compression with the PBC and having the Glue set up before with just a small amount (using the mix knob) giving the signal a bit of SSL character and snap...
Excellent, thanks. As always, I must have both!
Old 19th March 2009 | Show parent
  #263
Lives for gear
 
TheSweetener's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I think it's a great sounding versatile compressor with exactly the two features missing on a standard SSL comp, sidechain locut + parallel compression.

What I noticed was a slight edgyness in the upper mids/highs that made my distorted guitar tracks sound a little "digital" and edgy. Did anyone else notice this?
Old 19th March 2009 | Show parent
  #264
Lives for gear
 
wildpark's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
yes i wrote the same 4 posts higher

bin halt aus wiesbadde

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetener ➑️
I think it's a great sounding versatile compressor with exactly the two features missing on a standard SSL comp, sidechain locut + parallel compression.

What I noticed was a slight edgyness in the upper mids/highs that made my distorted guitar tracks sound a little "digital" and edgy. Did anyone else notice this?
Old 19th March 2009 | Show parent
  #265
Lives for gear
 
TheSweetener's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpark ➑️

bin halt aus wiesbadde
Die Hesse komme!




Sorry for hijacking!
Old 20th March 2009 | Show parent
  #266
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
The up to date download, purchase, and bug information is here:

Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info

I will keep this page up to date.

Andrew simper
Old 20th March 2009 | Show parent
  #267
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Andy

Is this normal that the plug-in GUI is not as large as Logic's plug-ins border (where there's all info such as copy & paste settings, side-chain setting...)

It's a bit annoying

Thanks
Old 20th March 2009 | Show parent
  #268
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by San01 ➑️
Andy

Is this normal that the plug-in GUI is not as large as Logic's plug-ins border (where there's all info such as copy & paste settings, side-chain setting...)

It's a bit annoying

Thanks
Hi San01,

Yes, this is "normal" for Logic 8. I have no control over borders that Logic, or any other host, chooses to put around my plugin. Please contact Apple and see if there is anything that can be done by them to reduce the size of the border they draw around plugins in Logic.

Andrew Simper
Old 20th March 2009 | Show parent
  #269
Gear Addict
 
Aux13's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Andy is paypal the only way to buy this plugin?
Old 20th March 2009 | Show parent
  #270
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aux13 ➑️
Andy is paypal the only way to buy this plugin?
Yes, while it's still in beta paypal is the only way to buy it.

Andrew Simper
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4616 views: 615431
Avatar for smoke
smoke 7th May 2021
replies: 98 views: 39199
Avatar for dfghdhr
dfghdhr 5th June 2021
replies: 295 views: 74346
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 181832
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump