The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 7th April 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsn ➑️
Andy,

I just upgraded from 1.2.9 to 1.3.10. Mono mode is not working. It's distorting the signal if oversampling is >1. On oversampling x1 there's no distortion but it's not compressing the signal (which applies to all oversampling settings). The make up gain works.

- No issues in stereo mode.
- 1.2.9 is working fine in all modes.

I'm using:
- Win 7 64 Ultimate
- Intel i7 Extreme 965
- Studio One x64 2.6.5.30360 (most recent)
- The Glue 64 VST 1.3.10
I can confirm that there is a problem with mono processing in the latest release. I left out the word "else" from a conditional block and so sometimes the oversampling is processed twice, which will cause a horrible "buffer loop" type sound, sorry about that!

I have added the else and everything is working fine again, I'll release a new version tomorrow.
Old 7th April 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Awesome, thank you!
Old 7th April 2015
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
updates coming fast and furious now .. thank you andy for addressing issues qucikly .. soooo happy to have the Glue Back in my Workflow .. well, worth the wait .. Duende SSL Bus Comp and the Glue at 16x OS is a great combo ..
Old 8th April 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsn ➑️
Awesome, thank you!
All done! The Glue v1.3.11 fixes the Mono SC oversampling issue, you can grab it here: The Glue | Cytomic
Old 8th April 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➑️
All done! The Glue v1.3.11 fixes the Mono SC oversampling issue, you can grab it here: The Glue | Cytomic
Confirmed Thanks for the fast fix!
Old 8th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
andy,

love the new graphics for both Glue and Drop. Looking beautiful on retina display.
Old 9th April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Andy, I still cannot load a Multichannel instance of The Glue (1.3.11) in ProToolsHD 11.3.1 (MultiMono works on a stereo track, as does Mono on a mono track). Weird huh?
Working fine in Logic, MaschineII etc.
Old 13th April 2015
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Yaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13th April 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➑️
Andy, I still cannot load a Multichannel instance of The Glue (1.3.11) in ProToolsHD 11.3.1 (MultiMono works on a stereo track, as does Mono on a mono track). Weird huh?
same here.. pt11 latest osx
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Reinking ➑️
same here.. pt11 latest osx
I've heard back from Andy via email and he suggests that there's a possible fix in the pipeline.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
cool !!
Old 14th April 2015
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
i sent andy an email about this as well .. when using the VST version in Audio Process Mode in Cubase Pro 8 the Glue Menu's do not work (sample editor) .. you have to use the little Arrows to move through the Glue presets .. AudioSuite in PT11.3.1 works fine .. i have not tested Logic AU version .. cheers john
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
logic pro x au runs fine!!
Old 16th April 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➑️
With a lot of fiddling around and many emails from mattrixx we finally figured out a solution - deleting the file InstalledAAXPlugins plugin cache file of Pro Tools which is located here: ~/"Library/Preferences/Avid/Pro Tools/InstalledAAXPlugins" . After that it worked as expected
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 ➑️
i sent andy an email about this as well .. when using the VST version in Audio Process Mode in Cubase Pro 8 the Glue Menu's do not work (sample editor) .. you have to use the little Arrows to move through the Glue presets .. AudioSuite in PT11.3.1 works fine .. i have not tested Logic AU version .. cheers john
The menu works fine in regular use in Cubase, so I think this is down to Cubase doing something odd with their threading for the offline processing version. This is not going to be an easy fix since it will be deep down in either Cubase or some hack / workaround will need to be done to the Juce framework and how it handles all internal messaging. I'm sorry there really isn't much I can do at my end as these are problems are huge framework / DAW things and I mainly stick to writing the graphics / DSP. I will post to the Juce community but I don't expect it will take a long time to resolve this problem.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News: A new version of The Glue is ready for download, for those people with Windows XP that could load the plugin please let me know if this now resolves the issue.

Download: https://cytomic.com/glue

The Glue v1.3.12 (16 Arp 2015)
  • New: HiDPI support on Win
  • Fixed: changed library calls so plugin loads on Win XP
  • Fixed: more robust machine id generation on Mac

Last edited by andy-cytomic; 17th April 2015 at 01:58 AM..
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
thanks andy and matrixx
Old 16th April 2015
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Andy, thank you as well for the clear explanation .. i am moving it to Steinberg as i write this .. would still like to know if this same thing happens in CP7 or earlier ??? they did approve the Issue Report for Plugin Processing - so we shall see

but, i was just disapproved for a Issue Report about the Stereo Panner not working correctly .. not explanation why they rejected it .. a bit of a slam the door in your face .. i will try re-wording it i guess .. can someone test this ?? try changing your Stereo Panning in the mixer - the menu does not come up when you click where i think you should click .. weird .. and frustrating .. took me 10 minutes to change my panner ..

cheers john
Old 23rd April 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Just downloaded and installed the update today. Opened up a Pro Tools 10 project where I have an instance of The Glue, and the settings on it were NOT retained. Is this normal?

Thakns
Old 24th April 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Sanchez ➑️
Just downloaded and installed the update today. Opened up a Pro Tools 10 project where I have an instance of The Glue, and the settings on it were NOT retained. Is this normal?

Thakns
Yes this is normal if you open the project before authorising the plugin. The plugin, until authorised, runs in trial mode which means no settings are recalled from projects.

So please try running Pro Tools, adding a new track, then adding The Glue to that track. Once the interfaces shows, then go through the authorisation process. Once that is successful you will now be able to open any of your old projects and they will recall properly.
Old 27th April 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes this is normal if you open the project before authorising the plugin. The plugin, until authorised, runs in trial mode which means no settings are recalled from projects.

So please try running Pro Tools, adding a new track, then adding The Glue to that track. Once the interfaces shows, then go through the authorisation process. Once that is successful you will now be able to open any of your old projects and they will recall properly.
That worked! Thanks!
Old 28th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
the glue is back...? great!!!
Old 7th May 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey guys,

Does the Glue AAX model any analog noise?

[I'm really hoping it doesn't and that it's completely clean]
Old 8th May 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring ➑️
Hey guys,

Does the Glue AAX model any analog noise?

[I'm really hoping it doesn't and that it's completely clean]
There is noise added at around -140 dBFS, i.e. it is silent for all practical purposes. If in doubt it is easy enough to stick a spectrum analyser on any plugin to confirm if / how much noise is added.
Old 16th May 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
website offline

hey, i'm new to the party & would like to try the glue but the website appears to be offline. any ideas when it'll be back so i can try the plug? thanks!
Old 17th May 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clanger ➑️
hey, i'm new to the party & would like to try the glue but the website appears to be offline. any ideas when it'll be back so i can try the plug? thanks!
This is what Andy had to say on KVR a few days ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Cytomic
My web hosting people have finally told me that not only my server "crashed" but so did their backup server. I am guessing by "crashed" they mean there was a major screwup and someone / something wiped the machines, as I can't really imaging all of a sudden all the hard drives in both my machine and the backup machine spontaneously died.

The most likely outcome is I get a new web hosting company and restore my server from my own backups, but this will take time, so sorry for the outages. The authorisation system is working, but only for those who's accounts were created prior to March 11 2015, which is my most recent manual backup.
Old 18th May 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clanger ➑️
There was a serious failure of both my dedicated server and the backup machines in the data centre. I was told today by my web hosting people that the latest database has been recovered. If this is the case I can have the web page back up and running in the next couple of days.
Old 18th May 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
That sucks, good luck Andy.
Old 22nd May 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
There was a serious failure of both my dedicated server and the backup machines in the data centre. I was told today by my web hosting people that the latest database has been recovered. If this is the case I can have the web page back up and running in the next couple of days.
Yipe, sorry to hear that but thanks for the update. Hope it's back up soon.
Old 23rd May 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just wanted to pitch in to say that I've been missing The Glue in PT 11 for a long time and now that it's back I'm loving this little compressor WAY more than any other emu I had to use in the meantime. Yes, including Slate! There, I said it.

FANTASTIC JOB! So good!
πŸ“ Reply