Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 84 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 21st March 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelang68 ➑️
Great to see the beta out for this plugin!

Question - can I sell my license? Is it transferrable / upgradeable if I do?

thanks
The current license agreement does not allow for license transfers. I will allow them again once I have an automated system in place, the cost will be 30% of the cost of the full product. This will be to prevent existing customers from getting a 30% discount off their second purchase, and then immediately selling their license!

Once an automated license transfer system is in place then your license will be able to be transferred as is. So this will include your current activation count / limit. To make this process transparent there will need to be confirmation by the buying party to acknowledge they know how many authorisations are left on the license. This is to limit the number of times a license can be on-sold within a certain amount of time. Each license allows for one activation per year since the original purchase of the license, with the first five pre-allocated (so at the start of the 6th year another activation is granted). I consider this "fair use" and anything outside this will require purchasing of additional licenses.

Last edited by andy-cytomic; 21st March 2015 at 09:58 AM..
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Okay. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by davelang68; 21st March 2015 at 05:08 PM..
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Seems to work fine in Logic 9 & X, Reaper, PT11 (whoohoo!), S1 and Cubase 8
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Man I am so glad to have this back! I swapped it in in place of the VBC I was using and instantly got a big smile. The Glue is my favorite bus comp.
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan ➑️
Man I am so glad to have this back! I swapped it in in place of the VBC I was using and instantly got a big smile. The Glue is my favorite bus comp.
Same here: every time I shoot out The Glue and VBC Grey in a track, The Glue comes out on top.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➑️
Same here: every time I shoot out The Glue and VBC Grey in a track, The Glue comes out on top.
I prefer it by a lot to VBC. VBC is the one Slate plugin I don't really dig.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan ➑️
Man I am so glad to have this back! I swapped it in in place of the VBC I was using and instantly got a big smile.
Dito! Thanks again, Andy!
Old 23rd March 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News: The Glue v1.3.4 is ready, as it's stable on everyone's machines thus far, and no further issues have been reported, I have taken it out of Beta. The only remaining issue is a some redraw problems when resizing the interface in some hosts, but this can be worked around by closing and opening the GUI again. Thanks for everyone's help during the Beta!

Download: The Glue | Cytomic

The Glue v1.3.4 (23 Mar 2015)
  • Fixed: transient behaviour returned to null with old version
    Fixed: added back shift key modifier for fine movement of drag and mouse wheel
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Andy,
I just downloaded 1.3.4 and installed on my laptop where I opened a LogicProX 10.1.1 project prior to updating.

It definitely didn't not restore my settings as they were 30 seconds earlier, before updating the Glue. I'm not sure what is going on.

Then note: I was just about to send this and decided to load it again to take some screenshots.. It reloaded correctly the second time! I don't know what to say. It doesn't make any sense, but I hope it does this every time.

Regards
Matt
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Thank you Andy.

I like this new GUI, and fully scalable user interface works fine here on my
windows 7 64bit with Cubase 6.5

Wich wonderfull plugin is next ?

And by the way The Drop is awsome.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➑️
Andy,
I just downloaded 1.3.4 and installed on my laptop where I opened a LogicProX 10.1.1 project prior to updating.

It definitely didn't not restore my settings as they were 30 seconds earlier, before updating the Glue. I'm not sure what is going on.

Then note: I was just about to send this and decided to load it again to take some screenshots.. It reloaded correctly the second time! I don't know what to say. It doesn't make any sense, but I hope it does this every time.

Regards
Matt
That sounds very odd. Please let me know if you run into any further trouble, the new version should recall exactly the same settings and null perfectly with the old version, but just have a sexier GUI.
Old 24th March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey Andy,
Just re-installed on my MacPro and it's asked for authorisation again... and thus I'm 3 out of 5 on only two machines. Mmmm :-(

Also, note the same thing that happened on my laptop, happened on my MacPro too. Initial launch of the same project delivered incorrect settings on The Glue (in this case the HP filter in the SC). However, relaunching a second time, seemed to fix it! Weird.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➑️
Hey Andy,
Just re-installed on my MacPro and it's asked for authorisation again... and thus I'm 3 out of 5 on only two machines. Mmmm :-(

Also, note the same thing that happened on my laptop, happened on my MacPro too. Initial launch of the same project delivered incorrect settings on The Glue (in this case the HP filter in the SC). However, relaunching a second time, seemed to fix it! Weird.
I've already replied to your email on this topic, but for everyone else's benefit: I accidentally left in the "salt" part of the machine id, which randomises adds some randomness to the machine id by means of a fixed random number stored in a file. I meant to remove this to make machine ids the same even from a blank start, but I just checked the code and can see I left that part in. I need to make a new release and reset everyones authcount back to 0 to fix the issue. Sorry about that, it's an easy fix but it will mean the next build will have to be re-authorised (again).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➑️
I've already replied to your email on this topic, but for everyone else's benefit: I accidentally left in the "salt" part of the machine id, which randomises adds some randomness to the machine id by means of a fixed random number stored in a file. I meant to remove this to make machine ids the same even from a blank start, but I just checked the code and can see I left that part in. I need to make a new release and reset everyones authcount back to 0 to fix the issue. Sorry about that, it's an easy fix but it will mean the next build will have to be re-authorised (again).
Great stuff Andy! :-)
Old 25th March 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News: The Glue v1.3.5 is ready

Download: The Glue | Cytomic

The Glue v1.3.5 (25 Mar 2015)
  • Fixed: AAX mono plugin id so mono RTAS tracks translate over to the AAX plugin
  • Fixed: Windows AAX library now built against XP SDK, so plugin loads on XP machines again
  • Fixed: removed salt from machine id so reformat of machine won't trigger a new auth
Old 25th March 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Hi Andy quick question, i have 2 operating systems Mac and Pc, can i have the glue and the drop on both systems?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenK ➑️
Hi Andy quick question, i have 2 operating systems Mac and Pc, can i have the glue and the drop on both systems?
Yes, but each computer+operating system will take 1 auth. Each license is designed to have enough authorisations to cover two of your personal machines, and be able to upgrade one of them every year.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
cool, another question compatible with yosemite and logic x
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➑️
Yes, but each computer+operating system will take 1 auth. Each license is designed to have enough authorisations to cover two of your personal machines, and be able to upgrade one of them every year.
Any idea if re-installing a hackintosh is considered as an upgrade? I have a habit that I do clean install every now and then (something between 6-18 months). Maybe I do one before installing new Glue.

Thank you for AAX!!!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylinjohto ➑️
Any idea if re-installing a hackintosh is considered as an upgrade? I have a habit that I do clean install every now and then (something between 6-18 months). Maybe I do one before installing new Glue.

Thank you for AAX!!!
I have absolutely no idea, hackintosh systems are not officially supported so you're on your own there, sorry!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenK ➑️
cool, another question compatible with yosemite and logic x
Yes on both counts.
Old 25th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I can't thank you enough about releasing this in aax. Since moving to PT 11 the last several months this is the one plugin I have been missing so bad. Tried to find a replacement and use different compressors but they never sounded as right as this one. Such a relief to have it back.
Thanks again!
Old 27th March 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Been a long time fan of The Glue.. awesome plug.. Just a quick note though, For anyone running DP8 I just upgraded to the latest version and I cannot open it in mono.. Works in stereo, also works fine with Reaper so far.. guessing this will be fixed in DP soon. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Love the new look!
Old 27th March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
[QUOTE=trackertc;10925355For anyone running DP8 I just upgraded to the latest version and I cannot open it in mono.. Works in stereo, [/QUOTE]

Confirming this. Does not work in mono in DP8.
Old 1st April 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Update for Digital Performer 8.
The Glue is now working in Digital Performer 8.. mono is up an running! Just download the latest version of The Glue and you'll be good to go.
Thank you Andrew!
Old 2nd April 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm getting a weird AAE error (-20010) when I try and open glue 1.3.8 AAX 64 in Protools 11.3.1 on a stereo track. Mono works fine.
Old 3rd April 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
What has 1.3.8 got that 1.3.5 doesn't have ??

Can't keep up with all the updates
Old 3rd April 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
FYI, I was getting the same error with 1.3.5, I updated to 1.3.8 thinking it might solve the issue but unfortunately it didn't :(
Old 7th April 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Andy,

I just upgraded from 1.2.9 to 1.3.10. Mono mode is not working. It's distorting the signal if oversampling is >1. On oversampling x1 there's no distortion but it's not compressing the signal (which applies to all oversampling settings). The make up gain works.

- No issues in stereo mode.
- 1.2.9 is working fine in all modes.

I'm using:
- Win 7 64 Ultimate
- Intel i7 Extreme 965
- Studio One x64 2.6.5.30360 (most recent)
- The Glue 64 VST 1.3.10
Old 7th April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsn ➑️
Andy,

I just upgraded from 1.2.9 to 1.3.10. Mono mode is not working. It's distorting the signal if oversampling is >1. On oversampling x1 there's no distortion but it's not compressing the signal (which applies to all oversampling settings). The make up gain works.

- No issues in stereo mode.
- 1.2.9 is working fine in all modes.

I'm using:
- Win 7 64 Ultimate
- Intel i7 Extreme 965
- Studio One x64 2.6.5.30360 (most recent)
- The Glue 64 VST 1.3.10
This sounds like the same issue I had with The Drop over the weekend. Was distorting and choking a mono bass track, then switching the channel to stereo fixed the issue. My default oversampling is 2x, and I didn't correlate the issue to oversampling at the time.

Same host (S1 v. 2.6.5 x64), running Windows 8.1 x64.
πŸ“ Reply