Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 20th March 2015 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRECS ➡️
Failed Validation on a Mac (Mavericks) with Logic X
Can you please email me your AU validation log? Contact | Cytomic

edit: nevermind, I just scanned and can see the error, I declare the plugin as an 'auxf' but logic wants it decrared as an 'aumf'
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➡️
Great! Thanks for letting me know. Are you on Mac? I'm pretty confident with that version. Anyone on Windows? Please post and let me know how you go!
About to jump on it...
Old 20th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Bypass doesn't work in PT 11 HD on Windows 7. If I turn it off I can still use the makeup gain to control the volume. So far that's all I've been able to test this morning as I have to work now. Very excited for this, thanks!
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Great! Thanks for letting me know. Are you on Mac? I'm pretty confident with that version. Anyone on Windows? Please post and let me know how you go!
Yes, Mac with buggy PT HD 11.3.1 on OS 10.9.5
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz ➡️
Bypass doesn't work in PT 11 HD on Windows 7. If I turn it off I can still use the makeup gain to control the volume. So far that's all I've been able to test this morning as I have to work now. Very excited for this, thanks!
Same thing here on Mac PT HD 11 on Mac.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Can you please email me your AU validation log? Contact | Cytomic

edit: nevermind, I just scanned and can see the error, I declare the plugin as an 'auxf' but logic wants it decrared as an 'aumf'
Yes, same problem here Andy.

Also noticed the bypass problem on PTHD11

It's looking great though Andy!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz ➡️
Thanks for letting me know, easily fixed! You can get the same bypass behaviour by using The Glue's power button as a workaround - they do an identical thing under the hood.

edit: scrap that! I edited out the bypass feature while testing and forgot to add it back in again. I'll do a point release tomorrow with the fix.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the quick reply on that one Andy! Do you have a temp workaround for getting Logic to allow The Glue to pass validation? Cheers, Matt
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➡️
Thanks for the quick reply on that one Andy! Do you have a temp workaround for getting Logic to allow The Glue to pass validation? Cheers, Matt
I'm uploading a new version now that also fixes the bypass / power button issue, I'll post here when it is ready for download.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm uploading a new version now that also fixes the bypass / power button issue, I'll post here when it is ready for download.
Thanks Andy! Love ya work mate!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News: The Glue Beta v1.3.2 is ready, please email me with any problems - Contact | Cytomic

Download: http://www.cytomic.com/glue

The Glue Beta v1.3.2 (20 Mar 2015)
  • New: fully scalable user interface
  • New: retina display support on Mac
  • New: AAX Native version
  • New: password protected copy protection to support code signing and AAX
  • Fixed: host bypass and plugin power button work again
Old 20th March 2015
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
downloading now .. Andy, thank you for your perseverance in making this happen with all of us Fools, Honey Badgering you
Old 20th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That was fast, will check it out later. Thank you!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thank you,Andy for AAX version.
It is only version that allows to unlink left and right channels using multi-mono in ProTools.Now I can use it for mastering.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Working smoothly in PT HD 11.3.1 under Windows Pro 8.1. One little bug: when using the key command to display automation for a particular function (Control-Start-Click), The Glue instead resets that function to its default position. Not all plugs respond to this particular key command, but the other plugs that don't seem to have trapped for it so it won't inadvertently change a setting. My vote, of course, is to activate that function for use in PT.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
not fixed here PT HD 11.3.1...Mac ,also the plugin still says its ver 1.3.1
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcintyre ➡️
not fixed here PT HD 11.3.1...Mac ,also the plugin still says its ver 1.3.1
Same thing here.
Old 20th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Uninstalled the 1st beta and then installed the latest. Version 1.3.2 shows up and works correctly now.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just mixed a small radio show using 1.3.2 in Pro Tools 11 HD Windows. Bye, bye, PT 10. Thanks, Andy!
Old 20th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Working great in Logic :-)
Old 20th March 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
What about the poor folks still running Mac OSX 10.6.8?
10.8 is the minimum according to the website. Is it just a validation thing or is the 1.3.2 version simply not working below 10.8?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great stuff Andy. 'ave a great weekend mate.

Discovered one potentially major issue. Where projects that were using 1.2.9 are opening with different settings to those that were created previously.

The Attack, Ratio, Release and Peakclip controls are not being remembered from their previous settings within a project.
(it's almost like it's something to do with the fact I changed my default setting a long time ago and the functions I "don't" change after instanciating are altered with the new version)
Can somebody else confirm? (this is LPX 10.1.1 btw.. haven't checked PTHD11 as yet....as I can't seem to get it to 1.3.2)

Last edited by mattrixx; 21st March 2015 at 12:26 AM..
Old 21st March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Finally! Thanks!
Old 21st March 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No matter what I do.. I cannot get the AAX version to upgrade to 1.3.2 I have downloaded the installer for .3.2 a few times now, from both my account and the Glue page itself. Uninstalled the old version, restarted etc etc re-installed again and again.... get info on the newly installed plug and it's 1.3.1 again and again. Argh WTF?

Going back to 1.2.9 for now. (and will use in Blue cat patchwork for PTHD11 like I was before)
edit: Well tat didn't go so well, now all my projects that have the Glue instantiated are being recalled incorrectly. (going to have to restore from yesterdays backup clone Arrrgh.. lucky it's the weekend)
edit: Another update.. Restored the Cytomic Application support folder in the library and at least now, I am back to 1.2.9 and my projects loading correctly.

Last edited by mattrixx; 21st March 2015 at 03:07 AM..
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➡️
Discovered one potentially major issue. Where projects that were using 1.2.9 are opening with different settings to those that were created previously.

The Attack, Ratio, Release and Peakclip controls are not being remembered from their previous settings within a project.
Can somebody else confirm? this is LPX 10.1.1 btw..
Andy, can you confirm this ??
I only use Logic and would hate to lose existing settings on countless instances of The Glue in existing projects.

cheers
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News: The Glue Beta v1.3.3 is ready, please email me with any problems - Contact | Cytomic

Download: The Glue | Cytomic

The Glue Beta v1.3.3 (21 Mar 2015)
  • Fixed: saved Attack and Release settings now recall correctly
    Fixed: double clicking on ring labels of Attack, Ratio, and Release now working again
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
News: The Glue Beta v1.3.3 is ready, please email me with any problems - Contact | Cytomic

Download: The Glue | Cytomic

The Glue Beta v1.3.3 (21 Mar 2015)
  • Fixed: saved Attack and Release settings now recall correctly
    Fixed: double clicking on ring labels of Attack, Ratio, and Release now working again
Quick work
The report above mentioned that Ratio and Peak Clip settings were not being recalled, as well as Attack and Release settings.

Does 1.3.3 address those two settings, or weren't they really an issue ?

cheers
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld ➡️
Quick work
The report above mentioned that Ratio and Peak Clip settings were not being recalled, as well as Attack and Release settings.

Does 1.3.3 address those two settings, or weren't they really an issue ?

cheers
I could not reproduce any issues recalling Peak Clip or Ratio. Can you please email me a project that contains a single track with the plugin not recalling properly? I can extra the problem preset from the song chunks and have a look at what may be causing this.
Old 21st March 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Great to see the beta out for this plugin!

Question - can I sell my license? Is it transferrable / upgradeable if I do?

thanks
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I could not reproduce any issues recalling Peak Clip or Ratio. Can you please email me a project that contains a single track with the plugin not recalling properly?
No, coz I haven't installed any beta versions yet Andy

I've just been following the posts by mattrixx carefully before rolling the dice with a beta.

So it is entirely possible that I will not have no problems with 1.3.3.

Last edited by Beatworld; 21st March 2015 at 09:11 AM..
📝 Reply