Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 76 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 24th May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Used it since it came out, then moved to 64 bit AAX and so have moved on.
Old 30th May 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Is "The Glue" compatible with Logic Pro X ?
Old 31st May 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruzer ➑️
Works fine for me.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruzer ➑️
No problems here.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➑️
Used it since it came out, then moved to 64 bit AAX and so have moved on.
I'm still sticking with PT10HD, mostly due to the lack of The Glue and Speakerphone, but today I had a number of short mixes to do on a tight deadline and really needed offline bouncing, so I reluctantly did them in PT11. Boy did I miss this plug.
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
With a wrapper like DDMF Metaplugin or Blue Cats Patchwork you can use it in PT11 (no issues here). But will be great to have it in native AAX 64bits.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtripper ➑️
Works fine for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld ➑️
No problems here.

Thanks guys!
Old 17th June 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
hopefully we have an update soon .. Andy is probably coding like a madman ..
Old 18th June 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
this comes stock with ableton 9 suite,,,,
Old 19th June 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
thank you EL_heraldo for the DDMF idea .. i am downloading the demo now .. yes, will be great to not have to boot into PT10 to use and print track to go back to PT11 … cheers john
Old 19th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 ➑️
thank you EL_heraldo for the DDMF idea .. i am downloading the demo now .. yes, will be great to not have to boot into PT10 to use and print track to go back to PT11 … cheers john
Take in mind one (weird) thing with Metaplugin. When you load the plugin you need to push in the PT windows to start playing again, something that don't happens with Patchwork.
Old 19th June 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
"When you load the plugin you need to push in the PT windows to start playing again" Copy that .. thx for the heads up ..
Old 13th July 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Has anyone ever successfully done a license transfer with Andy/Cytomic? I sold my Glue license and paid for the license transfer weeks ago, and the new owner still hasn't received any word from Andy. Really weird.
Old 14th July 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Yes, I bought a used version of the glue. Can't remember exactly how long the transfer took, but Andy took care of everything. I would have both parties email him with your details again, and clearly when the transaction went down, and how long you have been waiting.

Good Luck

Andy is a great guy, and I am sure he will make it all good for everyone involved.

Best

Kelley
Old 14th July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How much does the transfer cost? Been thinking about selling my copy.
Old 14th July 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz ➑️
How much does the transfer cost? Been thinking about selling my copy.
$15. I've emailed Andy a ton though and it's taking forever, so I don't recommend it.
Old 14th July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Is this plugin ever going to be AAX-PT11 compatible? It's been over a year since PT11 was released and still nothing. Sort of ridiculous from a customer support standpoint. Might as well sell it - it isn't the only compressor in the game.
Old 14th July 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Cytomic is one guy in his underwear coding a plugin … yes, it has been way too long … i still boot into PT10 to use it on master bus after mixing … i miss using it on sub mixes though and individual tracks … still hoping it comes out before PT12 …

hi andy, we sure could use a News update to know where things stand with the Glue … cheers john
Old 14th July 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Cytomic is one guy in his underwear coding a plugin … yes, it has been way too long … i still boot into PT10 to use it on master bus after mixing … i miss using it on sub mixes though and individual tracks … still hoping it comes out before PT12 …

hi andy, we sure could use a News update to know where things stand with the Glue … cheers john
Old 14th July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It's a great plugin, hope it's going AAX soon because I'm replacing it with Slate's grey comp.
Old 22nd July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great product, though I bought it used, and it was supposed to be transferred 2 weeks ago. Both the seller and I have been sending emails to no avail. My demos have since run out. Not fun. :-/
Old 22nd July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm done with this now...totally moved to PT11 these days. I liked this plug, but I can't wait.
Old 22nd July 2014
nms
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Very surprising. I guess with Andy going full bore on the final stages of The Drop v1.0 other things are being delayed.
Old 22nd July 2014 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Hi people. I had a security certificate expire on my server so I wasn't receiving any emails. I thought things were a bit too quiet! I have fixed it now and I'm working through a backlog of emails.

As for license transfers, if you read the License Agreement you can see they are currently not allowed. This is due to the lack of dongle / challenge response copy protection system. I have been nice to people and have been processing them anyway.

As for the AAX build, I can give you a fully working build right now in 32-bit and 64-bit Native. Avid decided to force plugin developers to use a Pace signing tool, so unless plugins are signed with this tool they won't load into PT. My current copy protection system watermarks the binary, so any signing has to be done after this watermarking. Pace won't give me a version of the signing tool that will run on my server, so I can't sign them. So in short Avid + Pace have effectively broken my distribution and watermarking system with their copy protection system and any AAX plugins I provide for download won't actually load in PT. Anyone that wants to run The Glue in PT needs to use PT10. If you want to run it now as a PT11 AAX plugin then please email Avid and get them to release a version of PT11 that doesn't force plugins to be signed with the Pace tool. Otherwise you'll just have to wait a bit longer till I can re-write my entire copy protection and distribution system or use PT10.

I'm going to finish replying to the backlog of emails before my next post to this thread.
Old 22nd July 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
"If you want to run it now as a PT11 AAX plugin then please email Avid and get them to release a version of PT11 that doesn't force plugins to be signed with the Pace tool" - this is silly to say andy, as this will never happen .. you have some seriously loyal customers here but after maybe about a year we are in the same boat .. we all thought you Were-rewiting your system to work in PT11 .. I guess we all thought wrong ..

"Otherwise you'll just have to wait a bit longer till I can re-write my entire copy protection and distribution system or use PT10."

the big question is are you re-writing your system to work in PT111 and beyond ??? and if so, can you give us Any Idea whatsoever how long this wait will be ???

i assume this includes "the DROP" as well …. ???

I do not expect an answer here too soon as you say - "I'm going to finish replying to the backlog of emails before my next post to this thread"

thank you sir, and sorry to be a bit harsh … we have been very patient …

cheers john
Old 22nd July 2014 | Show parent
nms
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
we all thought you Were rewiting your system to work in PT11 .. I guess we all thought wrong ..
Why would you say that? He said it before and he said it here again:
Quote:
Otherwise you'll just have to wait a bit longer till I can re-write my entire copy protection and distribution system or use PT10.
Quote:
i assume this includes "the DROP" as well …. ???
Same issue, so yes.

From what I gather, the PT11 thing is a pain in the ass and won't get done til after the Drop v1.0 is released. That's the big push right now and I think he's pretty close. I doubt he'll get the PT11 problem dealt with before end of September. It'll need to get done though for both the Drop & Glue so I'm sure it'll get sorted.
Old 22nd July 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
NMS, i said this because - Readers Digest version of these posts (you can look at them for yourself) post#2142 july 2013, close to the same reply as the latest from andy - post# 2216 nov 2013, re-coding post again - post# 2193 sept 2013, as I work on copy protection over the next month - post# 2221, Mid Qi 2014 before work on the Glue resumes (the Drop took front row) - post#2246 mar 2014, I am almost there with both the drop and the glue both using New Copy Protection, once the dust settles only take a week or so … here we are 4 months later …

i think we have been very patient … and continuing to be patient … I have been using other tools while waiting for the Glue to work in PT11 and miss the Glue … I have been a customer of Cytomic for a very long time now … not going anywhere .. and yes, he did say it before and has said it again ..

I am allowed (as are you) to get tired of reading the same thing a few times, and to express my opinion about this … sorry we do not agree … you have been a great promoter and defender of Cytomic as well over the years ..

very sincerely, john
Old 22nd July 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
NMS, i said this because - Readers Digest version of these posts (you can look at them for yourself) post#2142 july 2013, close to the same reply as the latest from andy - post# 2216 nov 2013, re-coding post again - post# 2193 sept 2013, as I work on copy protection over the next month - post# 2221, Mid Qi 2014 before work on the Glue resumes (the Drop took front row) - post#2246 mar 2014, I am almost there with both the drop and the glue both using New Copy Protection, once the dust settles only take a week or so … here we are 4 months later …

i think we have been very patient … and continuing to be patient … I have been using other tools while waiting for the Glue to work in PT11 and miss the Glue … I have been a customer of Cytomic for a very long time now … not going anywhere .. and yes, he did say it before and has said it again ..

I am allowed (as are you) to get tired of reading the same thing a few times, and to express my opinion about this … sorry we do not agree … you have been a great promoter and defender of Cytomic as well over the years ..

very sincerely, john
Old 23rd July 2014 | Show parent
nms
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I am allowed (as are you) to get tired of reading the same thing a few times, and to express my opinion about this … sorry we do not agree …
I don't think we disagree on anything. It's an understandable pain in the ass for anyone using PT11, and same goes for the ongoing delay on a solution. I just meant to point out that it looks like he won't be shifting gears to tackle anything else til he gets The Drop v1 release done. I think he's gone deeper and taken longer on The Drop than initially planned. He's doing brilliant work on that and making us the best filter plugin ever made, which is awesome and something I appreciate a great deal. It just sucks for PT11 users in the meantime.

Personally I don't ever upgrade DAW or hardware until I know 100% that everything I rely on most will work. If I was in your shoes I'm sure I would have thought this would be sorted long ago though. There's always a risk assuming these kind of things. Avid made a pretty big change there.
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've switched over to Slate VBC (for $99 - same price as The Glue except you get 3 exceptional compressors). Couldn't wait for AAX support any longer - The Glue is great, but there are other great options now that work on one of the most prevalent DAWs (especially for mixers). The answer is not to email Avid complaining about Pace signing - plenty of plugins have gotten past that without issue and if you've noticed, there aren't any AAX pirated plugins out there thanks to this. Cytomic is repeating the same thing said months and months ago without any progress being made. Terrible way to treat paying customers in my opinion.
πŸ“ Reply