The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 29th November 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroMike ➡️
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update. Are you planning to add AAX DSP into the mix or will you be staying native only?
I am planning on doing an AAX DSP version of The Glue, but first I'll roll out the AAX Native and finish The Drop, so it will be mid Q1 2014 when work on the AAX DSP version of The Glue resumes.
Old 29th November 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➡️
I am planning on doing an AAX DSP version of The Glue, but first I'll roll out the AAX Native and finish The Drop, so it will be mid Q1 2014 when work on the AAX DSP version of The Glue resumes.
Thank you!!! I'll be looking forward to it. Best of luck!
Old 29th November 2013
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
just installed PT11 myself yesterday ... will be nice to have the Glue when she is ready ... we are hangin' with you Andy ... keep up the great work ... someone mentioned 4 1/2 years ... i had just moved to the place i am in now and picked up the Glue / i have the SSL Comp from waves as well ... the Glue can do it on it's own but the Waves needs the Glue to finish

Andy, could there be a way to control the Peak Limit in the future ? a hard vs soft knee type thing maybe, like a softening of the Top End as you move towards the Softer side ... just talking out loud - maybe it would require a separate plugin - "Super-Glue" take care john
Old 29th November 2013
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
just installed PT11 myself yesterday ... will be nice to have the Glue when she is ready ... we are hangin' with you Andy ... keep up the great work ... someone mentioned 4 1/2 years ... i had just moved to the place i am in now and picked up the Glue / i have the SSL Comp from waves as well ... the Glue can do it on it's own but the Waves needs the Glue to finish

Andy, could there be a way to control the Peak Limit in the future ? a hard vs soft knee type thing maybe, like a softening of the Top End as you move towards the Softer side ... just talking out loud - maybe it would require a separate plugin - "Super-Glue" take care john
Old 30th November 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 ➡️

Good to hear you're still enjoying The Glue!

The peak clip is a very basic waveshaper - I kind of regret adding it in since for a mastering grade compressor you shouldn't be able to screw things up too much, but the peak clip can entirely ruin a mix if you're not careful. I plan to write a proper limiter at some stage, something that handles keeping the signal levels under control in a much more transparent way.
Old 31st December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
my demo just ran out, definitely buying soon.
Old 31st December 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa ego ➡️
my demo just ran out, definitely buying soon.
Best money I ever spent! This plug gets used more than any other in my arsenal!
Old 31st December 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechstudio ➡️
Best money I ever spent! This plug gets used more than any other in my arsenal!
+1 well worth the cash
Old 31st December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Great plugin agreed, but I can't use it any more until it's AAX64. I've moved to PT11 and loving it.
Old 16th January 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➡️
Great plugin agreed, but I can't use it any more until it's AAX64. I've moved to PT11 and loving it.
Same here. Any news on AAX?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've conitnued to use the VST version in ProTools11HD with Bluecat patchwork. Blue Cat's PatchWork - Fully Configurable Plug-Ins Chainer
At least when it does drop in AAX64 my session will still be ok.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Is this still happening? I´m interested in native version. Can we expect it to come in near future? There is preasure to move to PT11 but It´ll be pretty poor without the glue!
Old 22nd January 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Any news on AAX native?
Old 22nd January 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz ➡️
Any news on AAX native?
Ditto !
Old 22nd January 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
????
Old 3rd February 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Old 5th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
If you're thinking about buying this plugin, think no more and just get it!!!….I tend to use it more than the Wave's SSL which it's very SSL-ish…I use it on my 2buss everytime and also use it for drums, it's presets are really great too…pick a relevant preset, tweak to liking and move onto the next track
Old 14th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
how stripped down is the glue included with live 9? i don't have my demo license anymore, i remember the plug-in being having much more features than the live 9 (just got this) glue though.
Old 15th February 2014 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa ego ➡️
how stripped down is the glue included with live 9? i don't have my demo license anymore, i remember the plug-in being having much more features than the live 9 (just got this) glue though.
The full plugin version has more oversampling options, but otherwise has identical signal processing algorithms for the compressor. The Live device has one of their EQ sections to optionally filter the sidechain signal, the plugin version has a one pole high pass filter only, but you can add any EQ you want to process the signal before sending to the sidechain and you get the same thing.
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Is there an ETA on the AAX version?
Old 12th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified ➡️
Is there an ETA on the AAX version?
+++ ?
Old 20th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I'm REALLY missing The Glue in PT11, as are quite a few people apparently! Any news?????
Old 21st March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm using it in PT11HD via Blue Cat Patchwork for the moment. Works a treat!
Old 21st March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➡️
I'm using it in PT11HD via Blue Cat Patchwork for the moment. Works a treat!
Yeah I've looked into that, with PT11's newfound amazing efficiency and zippyness this is workaround that doesn't appeal.

I'd even happily pay Cytomic an AAX upgrade fee, a la Massey. I've tested every SSL bus comp out there and it's confirmed it for me, The Glue is the one! I really hope we get some response soon.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Waiting for AAX64 Native support and then I'll gladly hand over a C-note!
Old 30th March 2014 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I had an AAX version working at the time AAX was released. But just before the trade show I was informed that only plugins signed by a special Pace binary signing tool would be allowed to load in ProTools. My copy protection system uses digital watermarking on the server to write license information into the binary, so I would need to do that for each binary then run the Pace tool. I asked Pace for a version of the signing tool that would run on Linux, which is what my server runs, and then said no, they didn't have a Linux version and would not make one.

So I could release an AAX version today, but it wouldn't load into ProTools so their isn't much point. I eventually planned to re-write my entire copy protection and distribution system, but these things take time, unlike companies like Avid who have multiple developers, there is only me at Cytomic to do everything.

I'm almost there now, I'm going to finish the release The Drop, and then do a new version of The Glue, both using this new copy protection system. Once the dust has settled on that it will only take a week or so to re-do the AAX version and kick the tyres before releasing the AAX Native in both 32-bit and 64-bit as a free update. Most of that time will be just downloading and installing the latest versions of ProTools for Mac and Windows, in both 32-bit and 64-bit, and downloading and installing the latest SDKs for AAX development and getting things to compile again. The work of doing 64-bit plugins has been tackled a long time ago now, mostly with the help of the Juce community.

So an AAX version has been ready for a very long time now, and soon I may actually get to release it!
Old 30th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Anyone having a small problem with the Glue with Cubase 7.71 and Mavericks? My issue is when trying to select one of the Glue's presets. I have to select the preset 3 times before it actually loads. Anyone else have this problem?

Any fix coming??
Old 22nd May 2014 | Show parent
Fig
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I realize you are working on rewriting the glue atm, but just to let you know, 1.2.9 version crashes my current Logic Pro X 10.0.7 on mavericks 10.9.3...

Can't wait for the new version with the improved limiter
Old 23rd May 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
My Only problem with "The Glue"is.....there is no AAX version !!
Still Waiting for the release...
Old 23rd May 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I had an AAX version working at the time AAX was released. But just before the trade show I was informed that only plugins signed by a special Pace binary signing tool would be allowed to load in ProTools. My copy protection system uses digital watermarking on the server to write license information into the binary, so I would need to do that for each binary then run the Pace tool. I asked Pace for a version of the signing tool that would run on Linux, which is what my server runs, and then said no, they didn't have a Linux version and would not make one.

So I could release an AAX version today, but it wouldn't load into ProTools so their isn't much point. I eventually planned to re-write my entire copy protection and distribution system, but these things take time, unlike companies like Avid who have multiple developers, there is only me at Cytomic to do everything.

I'm almost there now, I'm going to finish the release The Drop, and then do a new version of The Glue, both using this new copy protection system. Once the dust has settled on that it will only take a week or so to re-do the AAX version and kick the tyres before releasing the AAX Native in both 32-bit and 64-bit as a free update. Most of that time will be just downloading and installing the latest versions of ProTools for Mac and Windows, in both 32-bit and 64-bit, and downloading and installing the latest SDKs for AAX development and getting things to compile again. The work of doing 64-bit plugins has been tackled a long time ago now, mostly with the help of the Juce community.

So an AAX version has been ready for a very long time now, and soon I may actually get to release it!

Will the new Glue have any new features?
📝 Reply