Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 74 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 5th September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I love this plug-in, use it all the time, that is all.
Old 6th September 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
So glad to hear Andy is doing a free upgrade to Native.
Thanks
Any news on the ETA?
Old 7th September 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dto4music ➑️
So glad to hear Andy is doing a free upgrade to Native.
Thanks
Any news on the ETA?
No ETA on the AAX versions at the moment, but as I work on the copy protection and distribution system over the next month I'll update everyone on how things are going. I want to spend the minimum time possible on this work so everyone can get up and running as quickly as possible and I can get back to DSP development.
Old 10th September 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News: Thanks for all the bug reports about problems with the oversampler under certain conditions, I've found the bug and had some people test things and it all looks fixed finally! I recommend everyone update to this version.

The Glue v1.2.9 (10 Sep 2013) The Glue | Cytomic
  • New: can now click to reset the state of the I/O checking indicator
  • Fixed: random crashes in re-sampler, mostly on 32-bit version
  • Fixed: sometimes reporting incorrect oversampling latency when base sample rate higher than 48 khz
Old 10th September 2013
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Cool, thanks!! :D
Old 11th September 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Can't believe this plug is 4 1/2 y/o.... and keeps getting better !

Now if we just can get back the old preset system (shhh... don't let Dan Worrall hear that...) - everything will be perfect !
Old 11th September 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Can't believe this plug is 4 1/2 y/o.... and keeps getting better !

Now if we just can get back the old preset system (shhh... don't let Dan Worrall hear that...) - everything will be perfect !
Old 11th September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah, it's amazing and I use it all the time! Can't wait for it on ProTools11.. especially now we have WAVES on PT11. My audio post world will be complete.
Old 12th September 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Just to add to the love.

Bought it a week ago and now my newbie mixes have that extra zing, while still being transparent.
Old 12th September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Again, is there any sonic difference between the latest Glue and the Glue in Live 9?
Old 12th September 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekohler ➑️
Again, is there any sonic difference between the latest Glue and the Glue in Live 9?
If set to exactly the same settings (and I mean you have to type in values to make sure of it) the two versions will cancel each other perfectly.

Some things that differ slightly are the oversampling, the sidechain highpass filtering, and dc blocking, but the core tone is identical and I happily use the version inside Live myself if I don't need more advanced oversampling features as the selection of sidechain signals is streamlined in the Live version.

ps: sorry if I messed your first post!
Old 19th September 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Andy, i have a problem with bypass button in 1.2.9: it doesnt work.

Reaper x64 (and x86).
Old 20th September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Starting to get enough plugins in AAX2 format to be able to do work. Glue would be a nice addition.
Old 21st September 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanopulo ➑️
Andy, i have a problem with bypass button in 1.2.9: it doesnt work.

Reaper x64 (and x86).
Yep, sorry about that, I managed to break the power button in the latest release. I've already fixed it and will release an update soon. You can still use your hosts bypass button or automate the "Power" parameter of The Glue.
Old 22nd September 2013

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_GroOve ➑️
From the thread So, who has tried uHe Satin Tape Machine? on 13th Sep 2013

Does anyone have experience in patching the SATIN into a compressor (e.g. CYTOMIC GLUE)? Does it make any sense?

Thx

Paul
Old 7th October 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
i think oversampling is to safely capture the harmonics generated by the distortion all compressors introduce. without it any harmonics produced above nyquist would bounce back into the audio spectrum. perhaps you are hearing this effect and liking it.
Old 8th October 2013
nms
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Aliasing is not typically desired and it's unusual for someone to go pursuing it particularly in such a roundabout way.

That said, I hate to say it, but it appears you're imagining things. If you take the two files you just posted and null them against each other there's no audible residual left that would contribute to a more punchy kick. Sometimes if you get something in your head you will hear it.

To really hear the differences do this: render the same clip you just did but this time with the compressor and all plugins after it bypassed. Now take that clip and perform your test running it through the Glue. Some FX like verbs for instance don't render identically from one take to the next so this takes care of that ensuring you are using identical prints. Do a phase null between the resulting files and see what remains.
Old 10th October 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What's up with AAX2? I'm ready to move to PT11 and would like if the Glue would move with me!
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➑️
What's up with AAX2? I'm ready to move to PT11 and would like if the Glue would move with me!
Word!
Old 30th October 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshire ➑️
I love this plug-in, use it all the time, that is all.
Can i ask u what tracks do u find yourself using it on?
Old 31st October 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthrill ➑️
Can i ask u what tracks do u find yourself using it on?
Any and all. Its a great as just a regular compressor (but I tend to either reach for Waves H-Comp, Waves Ren Comp, or Logic Comp more often), as a bus compressor (my drums and percussion together, and my bass sounds, sound great with it), or just as a master bus compressor.
Old 31st October 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
AAX2? Hey, I'd pay a little for a upgrade. Once UAD is there I'm on PT11 pretty much for good and not gonna look back. Would hate to leave The Glue behind 'cause I love it, but if so the so be it!
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➑️
AAX2? Hey, I'd pay a little for a upgrade. Once UAD is there I'm on PT11 pretty much for good and not gonna look back. Would hate to leave The Glue behind 'cause I love it, but if so the so be it!
This is a post Andy left on KVR on Oct 23rd, I hope this doesn't bother him.

"I have been working on supporting signed binaries so I can release the AAX versions of The Glue and The Drop, I work 4 days per week on that and then 2 days per week on finishing The Drop and other R&D stuff if I'm going with the flow. "
Deleted 1aa3d46
let me continue this long thread.
amazing plugin.
sound is awesome and options with range knob+dry/wet knob and HPass filter are incredible.
so much less automation because of this plugin!
Old 3rd November 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshire ➑️
Any and all. Its a great as just a regular compressor (but I tend to either reach for Waves H-Comp, Waves Ren Comp, or Logic Comp more often), as a bus compressor (my drums and percussion together, and my bass sounds, sound great with it), or just as a master bus compressor.
I'd agree that it's a great plug-in comp. Hasn't sounded fitting on my stereo bus so far tho. Maybe it just hasn't been on the right material. But I have used it quite a bit on snare parallel track & few times on drum bus & maybe on music bus too. For ITB compression it's a lil beast. On a side note, the H-Comp gets a lot of use over here. Mainly cuz of the MIX knob. Makes compression so much easier sometimes & can be the deal breaker for choosing which one to use.
Old 28th November 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
A quick update. I'm working hard on the AAX Native version (which involves re-coding my entire copy protection and distribution system), and also adding VST3 support, and writing installers. The AAX Native and VST3 versions are a free update for all customers.

Last edited by andy-cytomic; 28th November 2013 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 28th November 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➑️
I quick update. I'm working hard on the AAX Native version (which involves re-coding my entire copy protection and distribution system), and also adding VST3 support, and writing installers. The AAX Native and VST3 versions are a free update for all customers.
Awesome, maybe it'll arrive just in time for Christmas
Old 28th November 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moore ➑️
Awesome, maybe it'll arrive just in time for Christmas
I am hoping so, but I know how these things always take a long time.
Old 28th November 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
VST3! Very nice!
Old 29th November 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➑️
A quick update. I'm working hard on the AAX Native version (which involves re-coding my entire copy protection and distribution system), and also adding VST3 support, and writing installers. The AAX Native and VST3 versions are a free update for all customers.
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update. Are you planning to add AAX DSP into the mix or will you be staying native only?
πŸ“ Reply