Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 72 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 26th June 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Baldomr ➑️
Hello Andy thank you for taking the time to reply, and as I said in the previous posts, I also matched the Range knob

And the way you have put it is almost exact. Slight tonal change, I would also say change in width, open-ness and character too, subtle but enough to make a record shine and sound expensive, in a unique way which I didn't hear in any plugin yet, not even the super expensive ones. (You know I would love to shut up and keep it as a little secret weapon, but the problem is I wanna change sequencer and still I would like to keep the sound of the Ableton Glue, so I had to spill the beans lol)

I didn't use the high pass filter by the way.

Would you mind making a vst with the exact same (I don't know what) as you have for Ableton please ? My money is ready lol ... and please call it Glue-A :P lol

Damn now everybody will have that sound lol
Hi Andreas, Can you please post a Live session here with all tracks deleted and all audio deleted, everything deleted apart from the single copy of the Glue Compressor you can hear something different with? Also leave The Glue on the same track with your matched settings, then I can generate a nulled example for you and let you know which settings are different so you can better match the sound.
Old 26th June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
Hi Andreas, Can you please post a Live session here with all tracks deleted and all audio deleted, everything deleted apart from the single copy of the Glue Compressor you can hear something different with? Also leave The Glue on the same track with your matched settings, then I can generate a nulled example for you and let you know which settings are different so you can better match the sound.
Andy would it be possible to sent it to you in private ? I don't want to have troubles with my client. Thank you very much.
Old 26th June 2013
nms
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
It makes no difference if you first do as he recommended and just delete all the tracks and leave only the Glue vst and Ableton Glue on the master channel. Right?
Old 27th June 2013 | Show parent
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Andy would it be possible to sent it to you in private ? I don't want to have troubles with my client. Thank you very much.
If you do as he said and delete all the audio / tracks then there is nothing to worry about.

Old 27th June 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm just asking for a blank project here with only two plugins: The Glue, and the Glue Compressor (Live device), I don't want any audio or midi or automation or anything else, this is the easiest way to get the two presets since Live has no mechanism for exporting a preset as a file. Please email me the project file if you prefer, I will let everyone know back here what the difference in the preset was, but otherwise I'll keep the settings private.

If you find it easier you can email me a rack preset. You can do this by opening the project, then make sure the two plugins The Glue and Glue Compressor are on the same track, then select them both (command click), then right click on one of the selected title bars are select "group" to make a rack, then click on the disk icon on the rack's vertical title bar and you'll get a rack preset generated which shows in the browser which you can then right click on and select "show in finder" and email me that file.
Old 30th June 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
hi andy, any news on an aax 64 bit version of the glue?
Old 30th June 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVogi ➑️
+1
Old 30th June 2013
nms
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Slate virtual bus compressors just launched and selling lots! Must be time for some new Glue features :D

Wish list recap:

1. Channel link knob varying from dual mono to fully linked
2. Meter display range toggle button to display much more useful 0-5dB range
3. 50ms release time
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nms ➑️
Slate virtual bus compressors just launched and selling lots! Must be time for some new Glue features :D

Wish list recap:

3. 50ms release time
4. Real SSL bus compressor harmonics and saturation when pushed (like in analog world)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nms ➑️

Wish list recap:

3. 50ms release time
The Glue is good enough as it is IMO but i guess it wouldn't be hard to incorporate those features.
What I would really like Andy S to do next is an API 2500 emulation. The Waves one is pretty good but not good enough so I'm saving my money for the hardware but if someone makes it better I'd rather invest my money in that...and I don't think I'm the only one.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI ➑️
4. Real SSL bus compressor harmonics and saturation when pushed (like in analog world)
Try adding a little of The Drops harmonics and saturation. Maybe it does not sound exactly like SSL but it sounds goooood.
Old 8th July 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVogi ➑️
I've got a working AAX 32-bit and 64-bit Native version working, I have had for some time. There is a little more work on the DSP version, but nothing too much. Since Avid require all binaries are signed by PACE tools I can't actually release it, or put another way I could release it but then no one could load it. I digitally watermark each binary that leaves the Linux server, but PACE only provide their signing tool for Windows or Mac, so I'm stuck. The only solution is to re-code my entire copy protection and distribution system to use license files instead of digital watermarking which not only requires a big chunk of time but also lots of testing.

Avid only told me about the compulsory signing of binaries way down the line, just before AAX was announced to the public at the first trade show. I had already taken a lot of time to get a working AAX build ready and had put development of The Drop on hold to get it done in time, which I did. But when they threw the curve ball of compulsory signing I threw in the towel to have a break and finish The Drop. So that's where I'm at now, after I release a compatibility update of The Glue I'm diving into coding license file based copy protection.

So after both The Drop and AAX are done I can look into a feature update to The Glue.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
since Live has no mechanism for exporting a preset as a file
Yes it does. All the saved plugin settings are stored as separate files in the Ableton Library folder, so it's a simple case of locating the file on disk or using the Live browser (and it's sorted in folders by device, so, not very hard.) and copy it. Also, I memory serves me right, I think if you just drag the plugin from the track to a folder in the Live browser it will place a preset file in that location as well. (Or, at least, when you save the preset, you can drag/drop it to whatever location you like in the Live browser.)
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
that's right, i save presets in live 8 / 9 all the time. you can export it with the whole project where live automatically saves them in structure to your session folder like presets>instrument/audio effect/midi effect>xxpreset or do it by yourself when locating the destination in the browser and just click on the save button of the dedicated plugin.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Right you are, I didn't see the little disk icon in the top right corner. I right clicked and got no option to save, which is odd from a UI perspective since usually menus have such things as save in them:
Attached Thumbnails
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin-screen-shot-2013-07-08-16.59.49.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I've got a working AAX 32-bit and 64-bit Native version working, I have had for some time. There is a little more work on the DSP version, but nothing too much. Since Avid require all binaries are signed by PACE tools I can't actually release it, or put another way I could release it but then no one could load it. I digitally watermark each binary that leaves the Linux server, but PACE only provide their signing tool for Windows or Mac, so I'm stuck. The only solution is to re-code my entire copy protection and distribution system to use license files instead of digital watermarking which not only requires a big chunk of time but also lots of testing.

Avid only told me about the compulsory signing of binaries way down the line, just before AAX was announced to the public at the first trade show. I had already taken a lot of time to get a working AAX build ready and had put development of The Drop on hold to get it done in time, which I did. But when they threw the curve ball of compulsory signing I threw in the towel to have a break and finish The Drop. So that's where I'm at now, after I release a compatibility update of The Glue I'm diving into coding license file based copy protection.

So after both The Drop and AAX are done I can look into a feature update to The Glue.
thanks for the response!
TNM
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

as much as it sucks for you to do because of the pace signing requirement, the aax would probably make huge sales sense.. it would actually be the only decent (if not only) SSL bus compressor available in AAX. As you and I both know the waves is no match for the glue, is currently unavailable anyway, a lot more expensive, and with duende, there is no timeframe nor even announcement of aax.

Maybe just for the AAX version and nothing else you can change the copy protection, heck, would you consider just biting the bullet and using ilok for the aax? the thing is, that won't affect ANYONE else, and it can't possible upset anyone using pro tools AAX plugins, as anyone using a pro tools version that hosts aax plugins would 100% without a doubt already be using an ilok by necessity anyway.

I reckon it might be worth it for you in this case then you can just make a general aax installer that can be downloaded at any time, and the person needs the ilok asset for it to work beyond demo.. I honestly believe in my heart you'd get tons of sales for the glue from PT users.. and in all honesty.. regardless of the fact it would be the only ssl, it's actually still one of the best *sounding* bus compressors on the planet, regardless of what it's emulating!
Old 9th July 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM ➑️
as much as it sucks for you to do because of the pace signing requirement, the aax would probably make huge sales sense.. it would actually be the only decent (if not only) SSL bus compressor available in AAX. As you and I both know the waves is no match for the glue, is currently unavailable anyway, a lot more expensive, and with duende, there is no timeframe nor even announcement of aax.

Maybe just for the AAX version and nothing else you can change the copy protection, heck, would you consider just biting the bullet and using ilok for the aax? the thing is, that won't affect ANYONE else, and it can't possible upset anyone using pro tools AAX plugins, as anyone using a pro tools version that hosts aax plugins would 100% without a doubt already be using an ilok by necessity anyway.

I reckon it might be worth it for you in this case then you can just make a general aax installer that can be downloaded at any time, and the person needs the ilok asset for it to work beyond demo.. I honestly believe in my heart you'd get tons of sales for the glue from PT users.. and in all honesty.. regardless of the fact it would be the only ssl, it's actually still one of the best *sounding* bus compressors on the planet, regardless of what it's emulating!
Thanks for the great feedback! I need to bit the bullet and update my copy protection anyway, I wrote it a long time back and it's due for an overhaul. With not only Avid but also Apple and Microsoft getting into the binary signing thing I need to support it too.

I want to keep copy protection systems completely in my control so I can ensure uptime for my customers, so iLok isn't an option for me.
Old 9th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This is actually my go-to compressor for vocals. Can't live without an AAX2 version.
Old 15th July 2013 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News: I've finally finished and update to The Glue, hopefully this will fix any annoying intermittent crashes to do with oversampling. I highly recommend grabbing this update since it should be the most stable and functional version of The Glue to date.

v1.2.7 (15 Jul 2013)
The Glue | Cytomic
  • New: preset menu now contains a list of available presets sorted by categories
  • New: optional dc blocking in the main signal path
  • New: updated to latest Juce framework for greater compatibility
  • Fixed: bug in oversampling that could cause silence or crashes under certain conditions
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Great! Thanks.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
News: I've finally finished and update to The Glue, hopefully this will fix any annoying intermittent crashes to do with oversampling. I highly recommend grabbing this update since it should be the most stable and functional version of The Glue to date.

v1.2.7 (15 Jul 2013)
The Glue | Cytomic
  • New: preset menu now contains a list of available presets sorted by categories
  • Fixed: bug in oversampling that could cause silence or crashes under certain conditions
Nice one!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

v1.2.7 (15 Jul 2013)
The Glue | Cytomic
Thanks Andy

I like the new Preset menu.

What is your tip/advice on whether or not to use the DC blocking ?
I see it is off by default.
cheers
Old 15th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Installed... Great idea with this new preset menu!
Old 15th July 2013
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks!!
Good to see you are still working on this gem! :D
Old 15th July 2013
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks!!
Good to see you are still working on this gem! :D
Old 15th July 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Andy, would you every consider updating the UI to be scalable, in the line of ValhallDSP plugins, or at least provide additional interface sizes for bigger monitors?

cheers
toerag_man
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI ➑️
lol. The first coder that nails analog distortion/saturation will be a very rich man. Not happening anytime soon.
Old 15th July 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Andy, would you every consider updating the UI to be scalable, in the line of ValhallDSP plugins, or at least provide additional interface sizes for bigger monitors?

cheers
Old 17th July 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Hey Andy!
Your plug-in is looking great in Logic Pro X.
Attached Thumbnails
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin-glue-x.png  
πŸ“ Reply