Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 64 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 5th August 2011 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I'd love to watch a demo... a little video with bypass/on showing what it does... it helps SO MUCH.
Is there any chance??
It's a fair price... It's just hard to buy something before hearing... hope you understand... demos are very helpful.
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adura ➑️
I'd love to watch a demo... a little video with bypass/on showing what it does... it helps SO MUCH.
Is there any chance??
It's a fair price... It's just hard to buy something before hearing... hope you understand... demos are very helpful.
Or....and im just saying...or you could just download the demo and try for yourself!
Link : The Glue | Cytomic

Graham
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
I'll release v2 of The Glue as a free update after I release The Drop. As my first plugin there were a few things to learn, like that I made the gui too narrow, and I didn't leave enough room in the top bar for preset browsing, so it will mainly be a cosmetic fix, but I'll also take the opportunity to add a couple of small features while I'm at it. With a new interface I figure it is clearer for users that I bump the version number up to v2.0, and that way hopefully I can make it a more interesting storey for those that aren't yet aware of The Glue since I can also list all the features I added since the release of v1.0 and make a bigger deal out of it
Dual mono? Puhleeze!
Old 6th August 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just downloaded the trial. OMG!! I'm usually an outboard guy....but this plug is probably gonna make me a convert! Congrats on a great sounding product!
Old 6th August 2011 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thanks !!
Old 15th August 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Any plans on a TDM version?
Old 16th August 2011 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I don't have any plans on doing a TDM version at this stage, but once a few more products are out the door Cytomic will be in a position to start looking into it. Please note that anything coded for specific DSP chips will be a new product that will require a separate purchase. I'll be sure to notify everyone as soon as there is more news on this front
Old 16th August 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
happy THE GLUE owner here

i hope i'm not double posting, but this thread is soooo long it would take years to read the whole to see if it has been mentioned before...

i would like to get a small, simple feature - an output gain, but AFTER the MIX.

now, if i have for example the MIX knob set to 60% and i want to raise the level of the output signal, to hit the PEAKCLIP, changing the MAKEUP changes the balance between DRY and WET (only the WET gets louder).

i would be happy to have another knob, called for example OUTPUT TRIM, or whatever, that can raise the level of mixed signal (post DRY/WET MIX), but before the PEAKCLIP

now, if i want to raise the signal not changing the MIX, i put a second THE GLUE plugin after the "main" one, only to raise the level and hit the PEAKCLIP, with no compression. this is not a perfect solution...

maybe in version 2?
Old 18th August 2011 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
This Plugin is GREAT Friggin Genious
Old 20th August 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Listening test mk2: (really sorry for the wasted time on the first one where I stuffed up the bounces - I have double checked these ones and all is good! I can only just pick the two apart and I'll say why when I let everyone know which is which)

I've attached two files, one is done at x4 the other at x16, both have exactly the same settings on exactly the same audio. I have also added the difference between the two files (phase cancellation = A2-B2 done in the time domain). We have loads of excellent ears on this thread, so please let us know which of the two you prefer: A2, or B2? Also please give a quick one line description of why you prefer one over the other, any vague reasons are just fine - this is about your perceptions not science.
First impression was that A was slightly more dull (not really dull though...) and B more harsh... but when I listened again and again and again ... I can't say I heard much difference.
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Had a go of the demo tonight, I'm sold.

So awesome to see that Cytomic are based in Perth :D
Old 31st August 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrydn ➑️

do me a favor, grab a pistol and make him finish his filter plugin FAST!
Old 1st September 2011 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebolao ➑️
happy THE GLUE owner here

i hope i'm not double posting, but this thread is soooo long it would take years to read the whole to see if it has been mentioned before...

i would like to get a small, simple feature - an output gain, but AFTER the MIX.

now, if i have for example the MIX knob set to 60% and i want to raise the level of the output signal, to hit the PEAKCLIP, changing the MAKEUP changes the balance between DRY and WET (only the WET gets louder).

i would be happy to have another knob, called for example OUTPUT TRIM, or whatever, that can raise the level of mixed signal (post DRY/WET MIX), but before the PEAKCLIP

now, if i want to raise the signal not changing the MIX, i put a second THE GLUE plugin after the "main" one, only to raise the level and hit the PEAKCLIP, with no compression. this is not a perfect solution...

maybe in version 2?
Hi cebolao. I think you have found the best solution, by using two instances of The Glue. You know exactly what you want to achieve, and you are no doubt aware of the dangers involved in shredding audio and causing listener fatigue. For others I kinda regret adding the Peak Clip since it is so open to accidental abuse and ruined audio as a result.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrydn ➑️

Hi Jarryd, thanks for buying a license of The Glue! It's good to be back in my hometown of Perth. I somehow managed to survive the long hard winter here of day after day of "fine, sunny, 22 deg celsius"
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
A couple of noob questions.

Can The Glue be used as a compressor on a vocal or acoustic guitar track instead of just on the master output?

When putting The Glue on the master output, is it better to put it at the beginning of the mixing session or save it for last?
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
It's good to be back in my hometown of Perth.
Small world hey...Perth...which is where I'm sitting right now as I type.

I can feel a "Cytomic Perth user group" get together coming on

Imagine that, actually meeting someone from GS in person...scary !
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchamorro ➑️
....Can The Glue be used as a compressor on a vocal or acoustic guitar track instead of just on the master output?
Works great on everything i have tried it on.

Graham
Old 16th September 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
New HAPPY The Glue owner here too. I own a Cubase/UAD-1 system and the 4k Buss Compressor is discontinued from UA. I didn't purchase the 4k before it was discontinued so I went looking for a replacement. The Glue fits my needs well. Does everything and more that the 4K did. I even tried the Waves version but $99 you can't beat the deal. It is smooth and very easy to dial in just the right amount of compression. Love it on accoustic guitar and bass.

Gary
Old 16th September 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchamorro ➑️
A couple of noob questions.

Can The Glue be used as a compressor on a vocal or acoustic guitar track instead of just on the master output?

When putting The Glue on the master output, is it better to put it at the beginning of the mixing session or save it for last?
Sure. Just make a group and send your tracks to the group and compress the group. Easy. For good tips on mixing get the Mixing Rock training from groove3.com. That will show you how to use output busses. They are called group tracks in Cubase.

Gary
Old 28th September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Just a little question regarding preset browsing.

I can't seem to get to them in any other way than scrolling the entire list every time.
Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong here
Old 28th September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
On the main GUI, try the 'left' and 'right' arrows at the top next to the preset name. As of now, it doesn't "pop out" so either you need to choose one by one or go into the menu behind that does pop out and choose> Load > Factory Presets where the entire list can be viewed.
Granted its not as intuitive as some but still gets you started before final tweaks and is well worth the sound. Normally we UAD SSL on the 2Buss but The Glue sits on alot of Bass Guitar tracks as well as and even 'headier' task as a 2Buss Mastering Glue device.

atb,
kjb
Old 29th September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
+1 for The Glue. I have used it on the master buss for every mix since the day I got it. Also works great on individual tracks when going for that SSL sound.
Old 29th September 2011
nms
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSimpkins ➑️
+1 for The Glue. I have used it on the master buss for every mix since the day I got it. Also works great on individual tracks when going for that SSL sound.
+1!
In the past yr and a half since I got it I haven't used any other compressor on my master bus. Every project gets the glue and fabfilter Pro L on master.
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I use the glue on all my buss's but i have managed to kick the "plugs on the master buss" habit !
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yep, just discovered the joys of The Glue plus Pro-L. The Glue beat my API 2500 hardware on this project, but I'm still using the API 550 on the buss!

Anybody know which SSL style hardware is the closest to The Glue? Smart? Obsidian?
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGo ➑️
Yep, just discovered the joys of The Glue plus Pro-L. The Glue beat my API 2500 hardware on this project, but I'm still using the API 550 on the buss!

Anybody know which SSL style hardware is the closest to The Glue? Smart? Obsidian?
Holy ****!!!!! How did it "beat" the API 2500? The hardware version? Really! What makes you think it beat it?
Old 13th October 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGo ➑️

The info is around here somewhere, but its been awhile since I've seen it. He'll probably chime in and answer this.
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackatee ➑️
The info is around here somewhere, but its been awhile since I've seen it. He'll probably chime in and answer this.
Hope so
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hi Andy,

Missing The Glue! Lion support... Please!!! ; )

Thanks!
~Iz
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzi ➑️
Hi Andy,

Missing The Glue! Lion support... Please!!! ; )

Thanks!
~Iz
Whats wrong with Lion support? Other than the graphics glitch when dragging between monitors.
πŸ“ Reply