Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 49 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 13th October 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Well done Andy, and I believe you did fix that (see below) aswell in version 1.0.19 ?

" It is a "denormal" bug where some of the voltages get closer and closer to zero and cause extra cpu usage. I missed adding thermal noise or "hiss" at around -140 dB peak to some of the voltages in the algorithm in an optimised code path. All fixed now and will be released within the week as part of v1.0.19."

but I must admit I didn't understood everything pf that explication lol
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the unik ➑️
Well done Andy, and I believe you did fix that (see below) aswell in version 1.0.19 ?

" It is a "denormal" bug where some of the voltages get closer and closer to zero and cause extra cpu usage. I missed adding thermal noise or "hiss" at around -140 dB peak to some of the voltages in the algorithm in an optimised code path. All fixed now and will be released within the week as part of v1.0.19."

but I must admit I didn't understood everything pf that explication lol
Funny how engineering-speak works.

Translation: Some components in my plugin didn't have the small amount of noise that must be inserted in all plugins so this kind of crazy CPU usage doesn't happen. I've now added it everywhere in v1.0.19.
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wohoo!!

Looking forward to Friday!!
Old 14th October 2010 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the unik ➑️
Yes! All fixed in v1.0.19 which will be released tomorrow.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
A day before originally planned, you rock Andy!
M2E
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
Oversampling news: I'm in the final stages of testing oversampling, which I have specified to be linear phase and have below -120 dB noise floor from 0 to 20 kHz.

I've done some latency compensation (automatic delay compensation) tests where I up sample then down sample the signal (x2, x4, x8) and then cancel it with the original and it all looks perfect - complete cancellation within specifications. That means that for hosts that support latency compensation every last detail and transient stays exactly where it is even when oversampled. I could post some audio examples or screenshots but you won't hear / see anything so there isn't any point!
Hey Andy,

Is this in the version I have now. Also, how do I turn on oversampling again?

Thanx
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Great! Looking forward to it Andy, thanks!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E ➑️
Hey Andy,

Is this in the version I have now. Also, how do I turn on oversampling again?

Thanx
No, this is not included in the build I sent you to test. You can switch on the currently unsupported x2 oversampling via editing a settings file as previously posted here https://gearspace.com/board/5763608-post1345.html
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
No, this is not included in the build I sent you to test. You can switch on the currently unsupported x2 oversampling via editing a settings file as previously posted here https://gearspace.com/board/5763608-post1345.html
So does it mean that either ALL/NONE of the instances are oversampled or with the next build we'll be able to choose which one is within one session? Just asking.
Thanks for the great effort Andy!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto ➑️
So does it mean that either ALL/NONE of the instances are oversampled or with the next build we'll be able to choose which one is within one session? Just asking.
Thanks for the great effort Andy!
Currently in the unsupported oversampling it's all or none. I have not committed to when full oversampling will be supported yet, but when it is you will be able to set it per copy, and also set default values for when you create another copy of The Glue. You will also be able to set different realtime and render oversample amounts.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Well the oversampling is all done and tested and will be included in the next release. It supports realtime and render oversample amounts and reporting of the exact sample delay to hosts for automatic delay compensation.

How does the attached image of the menu look? Does it make sense?

The idea is that if you have "Off, x2, x4, x8, x16" always referring to a multiplier of the base rate of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. So if your project is set to 96 kHz and you select Off, or x2, then you get no oversampling since you are already up at the desired rate.
Attached Thumbnails
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin-oversample-menu.jpg  
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Well the oversampling is all done and tested and will be included in the next release. It supports realtime and render oversample amounts and reporting of the exact sample delay to hosts for automatic delay compensation.

How does the attached image of the menu look? Does it make sense?

The idea is that if you have "Off, x2, x4, x8, x16" is always referring to a multiplier of the base rate of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. So if your project is set to 96 kHz and you select Off, or x2, then you get no oversampling since you are already up at the desired rate.
Looks easy to understand, Andy. Thanks.

Is this included in 1.0.19? Will you release it today? Very excited here

EDIT: Oops, sorry, it says 1.0.19 in the image, my bad.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Looks great! Simple and flexible to set defaults, yet easy enough to change for a single instance if needed.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydan ➑️
Looks great! Simple and flexible to set defaults, yet easy enough to change for a single instance if needed.
Also the "Save Settings As Default" menu item saves not just the oversampling settings, but all the current knob and button positions as well, so next time you load a copy of The Glue it will be exactly as it was when you clicked "Save Settings As Default".
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Great! It makes perfect sense! I can't wait to try it.
Old 14th October 2010
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Cytomic Announces "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin

nice! could you please elaborate shortly what are the advantages of the different/higher oversample modes?
Old 15th October 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Andy, perhaps I read the previous posts or this one wrong but are we getting these menu options is the 1.019 update today?

I thought that wasn't coming 'till a later update but it would be great to get it in 1.019. Still on schedule for today?

Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Full oversampling support with the menus shown above is in the release today :-) Just need to do a little more testing on Windows, update the documentation with some screenshots, and package up the release ready for download. I'll post here when it is all ready.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sounds great Andy, thanks for all of your first class support!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hear... hear!!!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News: The Glue v1.1.0 is ready for download

v1.1.0 includes:
• New: linear phase high quality oversampling up to 768 kHz
• Fixed: freeze on render in Wavelab 7
• Fixed: denormal bug causing extra cpu usage with long sections of silence
• Fixed: improved Pro Tools TDM compatibility (edit: should be improved Pro Tools HD compatibility)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
you just continue to rock, Andy.
time after time.
thumbsup
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hell yeah! Downloading...

Thanks Andy
Deleted e1b9f94
Quote:
Full oversampling support with the menus shown above is in the release today :-) Just need to do a little more testing on Windows, update the documentation with some screenshots, and package up the release ready for download. I'll post here when it is all ready.
Quite amazing. I've had discuscussion on KVR with some of the developers and they said me that oversampling is not possible with zero latency. Your picture is showing realitme x2 with 0 samples delay. Is that really possible?
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod ➑️
Quite amazing. I've had discuscussion on KVR with some of the developers and they said me that oversampling is not possible with zero latency. Your picture is showing realitme x2 with 0 samples delay. Is that really possible?
I'll quote here part of the explanation from the manual and a pic:

"if you switch the sample rate in your project, the multiplier is defined in terms of a base rate of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. So a setting of x2 will mean you get a minimum quality of 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz processing. So if your project is already at 96 kHz, as shown in the picture below, you can see that setting a multiplier of x2 means no oversampling will be done since your project is already at the desired rate."

Cheers
Deleted e1b9f94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro ➑️
I'll quote here part of the explanation from the manual and a pic:

"if you switch the sample rate in your project, the multiplier is defined in terms of a base rate of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. So a setting of x2 will mean you get a minimum quality of 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz processing. So if your project is already at 96 kHz, as shown in the picture below, you can see that setting a multiplier of x2 means no oversampling will be done since your project is already at the desired rate."

Cheers
Ahh sorry i skipped that part..
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod ➑️
You cannot have oversampling without latency. As discussed in the post and in the manual the multiplier refers to a scaling of the base rate of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. In this case since the host is already at 96 kHz no oversampling is needed to get to 96 kHz, so there is no latency. This is done so you can easily switch the host sample rate and not have to fiddle with your settings on The Glue to achieve a guaranteed quality of oversampling.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
β€’ Fixed: improved Pro Tools TDM compatibility
You mean I will find the Glue under the TDM menu?! That will be a dream!!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankreverbo ➑️
You mean I will find the Glue under the TDM menu?! That will be a dream!!
Yeah, my bad, should be Pro Tools HD!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yeah, my bad, should be Pro Tools HD!
?? I didn't understand
πŸ“ Reply