Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 44 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 9th July 2010 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by markham ➑️
Yeah, sorry to be dense, but I'm a little confused on this.
I'm on Logic with Snow Leopard. Am I supposed to download 1.0.16 MacAu.zip or 1.0.16 Mac64Au.zip? Or am I supposed to download both?

I'm generally running Logic in 32-bit mode on a day-to-day basis, but I'll hopefully be moving into 64-bit territory soon.

Which .zip is for me?
The one you want is the the Mac64AU as it contains both the Intel 32-bit and Intel 64-bit AU as a unibin.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by droogs ➑️
when are u implenting,

.) one click Preset switching?
.) a finetune option (pressing shift) for the knobs.
on the mousewheel the make gain values moves in 2 dB steps i think
The next version will have improved preset handling. There is already fine tune, just use either of the ctrl, or alt, or apple keys to enable this, not the shift key. The internal resolution is continuous, the display is quantized to 0.2 dB steps.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimento ➑️
ermmmm..... am i going crazy or......previous 1.0.16 sounded a bit different from the new 1.0.16.i dont want to confuse anyone but i have strange feeling that the previous 1.0.16 sounds different. just say "yes" or "no".
Nope, there is no change in the sound other than the threshold automatically updating for songs saved with v1.0.15, and a very subtle (probably inaudible as it will be at around -120 dB) improvement to the auto release mode.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchhare ➑️
Will it run on Intel Mac Dual 2.66 in OS 10.4.9
as RTAS in Pro Tools HD? Buy it tonight if it
does.
Yep, the latest RTAS should work fine on 10.4.9 (wrote 10.5.9 by mistake before, sorry), but please download the latest trial version and give it a whirl. If there are any problems please let me know. Also, if the trial version works fine and then there is some unknown bug or issue that occurs on your system with the full version I will be happy to refund your money, so there is no risk on your part there :-)
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
This latest build simply is amazing, and I have tested it on so many sound sources (vox, drums, guitar, mixbus) and somehow, it sounds amazing on everything.

Andy, I would love to hear your opinion on this. On what kind of sound sources would you NOT use The Glue, but prefer another (software) compressor. heh
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
Nope, there is no change in the sound other than the threshold automatically updating for songs saved with v1.0.15, and a very subtle (probably inaudible as it will be at around -120 dB) improvement to the auto release mode.
strange, 'cause i feel the same.a little but there is a difference.sounds like old 1.0.16 glues the other way.
Lives for gear

Quote:
The one you want is the the Mac64AU as it contains both the Intel 32-bit and Intel 64-bit AU as a unibin.
I tried reinstalling this version and I'm still not getting the 64-bit version in Logic 9.1.1.

I opened Logic in both 32- and 64-bit modes to get the plug to scan for each and it's not coming up as a 64-bit plug.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando ➑️
This latest build simply is amazing, and I have tested it on so many sound sources (vox, drums, guitar, mixbus) and somehow, it sounds amazing on everything.

Andy, I would love to hear your opinion on this. On what kind of sound sources would you NOT use The Glue, but prefer another (software) compressor. heh
This is the first version I like. A lot!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleen ➑️
I tried reinstalling this version and I'm still not getting the 64-bit version in Logic 9.1.1.

I opened Logic in both 32- and 64-bit modes to get the plug to scan for each and it's not coming up as a 64-bit plug.
There is a weird problem going on with the server at the moment. The downloaded binary when unzipped is a different size to the one I uploaded, and I think this is causing problems. Very odd. I'll let you know what I find out.
Lives for gear

Quote:
There is a weird problem going on with the server at the moment. The downloaded binary when unzipped is a different size to the one I uploaded, and I think this is causing problems. Very odd. I'll let you know what I find out.
Great! Thanks for looking into it, Andy.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Ok, sorry for the balls up with the Mac 64-bit Audio Unit. I've fixed the issue, so please delete your existing copies and download it again. I accidentally packaged the 32-bit version resources into the 64-bit versions .zip, all fixed now.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok, sorry for the balls up with the Mac 64-bit Audio Unit. I've fixed the issue, so please delete your existing copies and download it again. I accidentally packaged the 32-bit version resources into the 64-bit versions .zip, all fixed now.
That did it! Thanks, Andy!
Gear Addict

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
The Glue put to shame all the other digital comps in the market and beat them all.

- great sound
- free of aliasing
- great and very kind developer
- great service

Man, you must earn millions with your talent!!
Attached Thumbnails
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin-fucking-amazing-comp-1.jpg  
SEB
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
hmmm.... I get a massive cpu load with this new version in Nuendo 5.0 - even on a i7 980x. The vst-meter in Nuendo jumps up about 15-20% on 2 X Glue (drumbus and masterbus) even if CPU Usage in WTM shows minor (1-3%) load with Glue....??
It helps a bit to remove the Glue and reload it as the mix was done using the old 1.16.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just bought it. Newest version doesn't work on 10.4.9
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Just bought it. Newest version doesn't work on 10.4.9
Did the trial version work?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
But, version 1.0.15 does work.
Old 10th July 2010 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
But, version 1.0.15 does work.
Should be easily fixed then, I'll email you to sort it out.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks. I'll just use this version until then. Love it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yep, will do. I'll post the results tomorrow (Friday).
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotl ➑️
** Correct answers **

drums-punch-a = analog
drums-punch-b = glue

rock-bass-drums-a = analog
rock-bass-drums-b = glue

vox-gita-a = glue
vox-gita-b = analog

** Correctly answered **

drums-punch = 50%
rock-bass-drums = 75%
vox-gita = 50%

So on average there were 58% correctly answered, which is slightly better than tossing a coin.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotl ➑️
It was the drums-punch one I was interested in seeing the results on most, since that one was completely "fresh" - no one had heard the analog version of it before, so I'm happy with the results

PS sorry for getting the sums wrong first time around
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
It was the drums-punch one I was interested in seeing the results on most, since that one was completely "fresh" - no one had heard the analog version of it before, so I'm happy with the results

PS sorry for getting the sums wrong first time around
so what is the aim of this test? there is going to be another changes in glue's sound?because i think two versions 1.0.16 "old" and 1.0.16 "new" are distinguished from each other.slightly.and it confuses me a bit already.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanski ➑️
so what is the aim of this test? there is going to be another changes in glue's sound?because i think two versions 1.0.16 "old" and 1.0.16 "new" are distinguished from each other.slightly.and it confuses me a bit already.
All copies of v1.0.16 sound the same. The a/b examples are for use on the web page and tutorial videos, but I thought it would be fun to post them as blind tests here first.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
For those that are paranoid that I would have undone all my hard working making the original v1.0.16 sound great I've done a null test. I have used a file I recorded with the original v1.0.16, and re-recorded it with the new one, and phase inverted the orignal and summed them to show you they are identical. See attached image.

If you tried this sort of test with the analog unit, and phase aligned them using a sub sample resampling algorithm you would still see a constant noise floor at around -120 dB and most likely have other things going on due to clock jitter and other inaccuracies and noise in the conversion and differences in temperature at the two times the recordings were made.
Attached Thumbnails
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin-theglue-v1.0.16-null-test.jpg  
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thumbs up

I just want to thumbs up thumbsup this comp. I am loving it!!
Old 16th July 2010 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I've very glad to hear the new update is being so well received.

I just went into my Cytomic account to update, but I only see 1.0.15 as the latest "stable version" for PC. Where do I find the latest/second 1.0.16 version?

Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarbar ➑️
I've very glad to hear the new update is being so well received.

I just went into my Cytomic account to update, but I only see 1.0.15 as the latest "stable version" for PC. Where do I find the latest/second 1.0.16 version?

Thanks
What about THIS?
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hello Andy,

Could you please include a "what's new" text in the .zip files (or make that info available in your website) so we can tell what's the difference between versions? Sometimes I don't have to time to look for this thread (or the one in KVR) just to see what's new or changed.

Btw, what's new in 1.0.17? :D
πŸ“ Reply