Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 39 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 22nd June 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I tried to open the new .16 on Live (8.1.3) and it says "This Audio Unit Plugin Could Not Be Opened" and then crashes the program.

Reinstalling .15 fixes allows the Glue to load again.

(Mac OS 10.5.8)

EDIT - I downloaded it again and all is well.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I notice an improvement in the sound, too. It seems like a veil has been lifted, somehow. I use 1.016 on more of my tracks!
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Presley ➑️
Hi Andy,

One issue I am seeing here (on PC) is when adjusting the controls on the GUI can sometimes jump up to full value.

yep, same thing. but once again..sound improvement is amazing!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I noticed the sonic improvement too, but I kept thinking it was psychological on my part.

I think this is the kind of thing that merits calling it at least v1.1!

- c
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➑️
I noticed the sonic improvement too, but I kept thinking it was psychological on my part.
I feared the same, and to try to test this I kept my vst version in 1.0.15 and updated just the AU. Maybe this is all some elaborate hoax by Andy to prove that my hearing is shot, but I heard a marked improvement. It sounds more... uh... musical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➑️
I think this is the kind of thing that merits calling it at least v1.1!
Great minds think alike!

I think he's saving 1.1 for the update that includes artificial intelligence, where all instances of the plug work together as a hive mind.
Old 23rd June 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This is looking more and more like my next soft-comp purchase!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Andy, I'm having trouble downloading the new release for some reason. I've disabled my download manager (iGetter), but for some reason, when I click on the AU link, I get:
"Error: file not found 2"

weird.
Lives for gear

31 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Unit ➑️
I
I think he's saving 1.1 for the update that includes artificial intelligence, where all instances of the plug work together as a hive mind.
Don't do it Andy ! We've all seen The Terminator Movies . Your 1 update away from creating Skynet .
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by markham ➑️
Andy, I'm having trouble downloading the new release for some reason. I've disabled my download manager (iGetter), but for some reason, when I click on the AU link, I get:
"Error: file not found 2"

weird.
Well, I just got it to work, so no cause for alarm.
It had returned the error message on 3 or 4 tries, but then it just worked, so who knows. Anyways, I finished downloading it and will install later today.

Thanks!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Pyramid ➑️
Your 1 update away from creating Skynet .
Waves is working on that already.

But Andy's T-1000 would probably sound better, be more efficient +no iLok.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I'm loving The Glue to bits, and would sure love to hear the new improved sound of .16 but I can't seem to get it installed. As I'm launching a session on PT (after replacing the old .15 file with .16 in my plugin folder) it reports that The Glue can't be used due to either damage in the plugin or registration problems. Had to put back the .15. Any idea where this problem is coming from?

I'm on MacBook and PT M-Powered 8.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkorho ➑️
I'm loving The Glue to bits, and would sure love to hear the new improved sound of .16 but I can't seem to get it installed. As I'm launching a session on PT (after replacing the old .15 file with .16 in my plugin folder) it reports that The Glue can't be used due to either damage in the plugin or registration problems. Had to put back the .15. Any idea where this problem is coming from?

I'm on MacBook and PT M-Powered 8.
It could possibly be a corrupted download, so please try deleting the current v1.0.16 you have an downloading it again. Failing that can you please send me an email with the info listed here? Contact | Cytomic Thanks! Hopefully I can sort this out quickly and get you up and running with the new version.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Maybe it's just because my attention's been drawn back to it, but I've been using The Glue for a lot more than just buss duties since the update, particularly on vocals. Great compressor!
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Yeah I used the old version a lot on the drum bus and really no where else, but this new one seems to work well on other kinds of tracks so I'm digging it.
SEB
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yep, a little smoother and fuller maybe?

Anyway, the sonic improvements makes me make a copy from drumbus to masterbus!

And if I`m wrong - a very good placebo :()
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
@pimento @Matthew Presley @Ruud Unit @Silver Sonya @kingocounty @Rabbit @SEB

Thanks for the positive feedback on the improved analog model I slogged it out for quite a few weeks of head scratching and mathematics and intuition to come up with the new algorithm, so it's great to know people can really hear the difference. Analog circuits are complex beasts, so it's very satisfying for me to unravel more and more of their secrets and deliver them in plugin form.
Old 24th June 2010 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Andy, you have got to be tired of all the nice words BUT, I do believe you have the best compressor out there. I have demo'd them all and to me yours just works on everything!! I am glad I purchased it.. Also, I finally talked a good friend "great engineer" in to trying your demo. He has hardware "vintage" and some great plugins as well. So today he admitted that "the glue" was top notch and he was going to buy it ) He was stunned how it compared to a real SSL!! I am not very smart like you guys. I go by my ears. And this compressor just always works for me on whatever I try it on. Great Job
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
You did good Andy, thanks again.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Thanks for this amazing update Andy. It sounds really different which made me keep 1.0.15 in my VST folder and add this one with another name to it (it does worth it). Congratulations for these improvements, you've done a nice job.

Cheers.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
It could possibly be a corrupted download, so please try deleting the current v1.0.16 you have an downloading it again. Failing that can you please send me an email with the info listed here? Contact | Cytomic Thanks! Hopefully I can sort this out quickly and get you up and running with the new version.
I did try downloading the file again the other night, with no better luck. Today, however, was different and everything's working smoothly now. The plug really does sound better than it already did. Thanks for the reply and for an amazing comp, Andy!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
So does the .16 beta seem pretty stable to all you guys who are using it? I really want to install it but I'm a bit worried due to Andy's words on his site that it's indeed a beta and shouldn't be used for "pro work" at this point. I think he's just being cautious but I'm in the midst of a couple of projects and don't want to lose any time due to crashes, etc. It seems that it's working well for all those that have installed it. Should I just bite the bullet and do it?!
Thanks!
Lives for gear

I'm using it right now on a full album project on the string bus without stability issues. Sounds SO good!
Old 25th June 2010 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Yes, I always err on the side of being cautious with updates and never recommend you switch half way through a project. But.... I've just heard back from the ppc user that was having trouble and v1.0.16 is now working all fine for him. I'll take it out of beta as soon as I make one last change - to only jump to the notched markings on double click since the current system it is too easy to accidentally crank up the makeup gain to full.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes, I always err on the side of being cautious with updates and never recommend you switch half way through a project. But.... I've just heard back from the ppc user that was having trouble and v1.0.16 is now working all fine for him. I'll take it out of beta as soon as I make one last change - to only jump to the notched markings on double click since the current system it is too easy to accidentally crank up the makeup gain to full.
Yep, this happened to me, eagerly awaiting final update!
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Good one Andy. Using The Glue last night, I accidentally boosted the gain to +40 about 5 times. I think another thing you might look at for that feature is to not allow or listen to mouse dragging when clicking in that area. In other words, only jump once on the mouse click down and ignore any movement.
Old 26th June 2010 | Show parent
nms
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
well damn.. with all the recommendations and the obvious ongoing product development I'm going to have to join the club. how's the latency? I use lots of instances of ableton's compressor normally.. would I be better off using the glue in place of them or just keep it to a few bussed instances?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterybit ➑️
Waves is working on that already.

But Andy's T-1000 would probably sound better, be more efficient +no iLok.
And with customer name on a shiny plate...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
1.0.6 with the same settings on a master bus is less squashed than previous version, and the whole sound is less muddy due to the openness.

Cheers!!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks! I've matched the hardware more closely now which is why it sounds better, but I didn't change the sound too much since I want to preserve backwards compatibility with peoples existing projects.
Will the future version slightly changed to match hardware more closely step by step??
Then version 1.0.15 is like another compressor compared to 1.1.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Presley ➑️
Good one Andy. Using The Glue last night, I accidentally boosted the gain to +40 about 5 times. I think another thing you might look at for that feature is to not allow or listen to mouse dragging when clicking in that area. In other words, only jump once on the mouse click down and ignore any movement.
Hi Matthew - I'm uploading a new build of v1.0.16 at the moment that uses double click around the outside to snap to the notches, and double click in the center to allow typing in of values. Clicking and dragging is always just a regular operation now, so this should prevent any accidental jumping of the makeup gain or other parameters. I'll let you know when it is ready to download in a few minutes.
πŸ“ Reply