Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 32 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 30th January 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Smile The Glue and DP5?

Hi guys,
Been reading the (very long!) thread with great interest.
I noticed that Digital Performer is not one of the Tested and Working Hosts
listed on the compatibility page. I guess I have a couple of questions; any known issues with DP5? Are any of you using it with DP5?
Thanks!thumbsup
SP
Old 30th January 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiopadannk ➑️
Hi guys,
Been reading the (very long!) thread with great interest.
I noticed that Digital Performer is not one of the Tested and Working Hosts
listed on the compatibility page. I guess I have a couple of questions; any known issues with DP5? Are any of you using it with DP5?
Thanks!thumbsup
SP

I've caught one bug- unless I'm missing something, the bypass does not work.
(clicking on Glue interface- DP 5.12)
As a workaround, I am using the A/B with everything on B at Null.

(UPDATE) I see that the "power" button serves as a bypass button. Not sure if
this means that the bypass *would* work with the paid version?
Anyway, sounds good so far!

Thanks-

Last edited by studio padank; 30th January 2010 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: ongoing experimentation.
Old 19th February 2010 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News update: The Win Rtas was delayed little since I took some extra time to update The Glue to be 64 bit ready and can report it's working great with Logic 9.1! I need to do some more testing and also do the 64 bit Win version before releasing them both as in v1.0.16, but for the time being I will be releasing v1.0.15 by the end of next week which will include:

* Windows Rtas support
* Logic 9.1 using 32 bit bridge mode now working
* Mono now working in DP6
* Menus and dialogs now showing even when in full screen mode of hosts
* Better support for hosts without sidechain support
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
THANKS for this Andy!

Now with a proper x64 version i will be able to save/load/browse presets on x64 enviroment. Jbridge and The Glue unfortunally don't get along regarding this (the preset menu flashes too quick and doesn't stay open on the screen)

Let me know if you need Beta testing with the x64 win later on!

Also a few months ago we spoke by e-mail and you said that there was going to be a dual mono (or stereo un-link as you wish) feature wich would be available in V1.1 are you still planning on releasing this feature?

my best wishes and thanks again!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan L.B ➑️
THANKS for this Andy!

Now with a proper x64 version i will be able to save/load/browse presets on x64 enviroment. Jbridge and The Glue unfortunally don't get along regarding this (the preset menu flashes too quick and doesn't stay open on the screen)

Let me know if you need Beta testing with the x64 win later on!

Also a few months ago we spoke by e-mail and you said that there was going to be a dual mono (or stereo un-link as you wish) feature wich would be available in V1.1 are you still planning on releasing this feature?

my best wishes and thanks again!
Once it's ready I'll release it to everyone in their download section with a big label saying something like "Beta version - not production ready so use at your own risk"

You can get the preset menu to work fine with the latest JBridge by using these settings - the one you want most is "USE_SEPARATED_GUI 1":

PERFORMANCE_MODE 0
AUDIOMASTERGETTIME_HACK 0
GUI_AUTOCLOSE 0
GUI_WINDOW_ALWAYS_ON_TOP 0
USE_IPC_THREAD_SAFETY 0
USE_SEPARATED_GUI 1

The v1.1 will definitely have a dual mono mode and updated preset handling with next / prev button etc.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
hey Andy, are you working on something else already? I want more!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpuma ➑️
hey Andy, are you working on something else already? I want more!
I'm not working on anything new yet but I have lots of things I want to tackle in the future, so once 64 bit and v1.1 of The Glue are done it's back to the circuits and dsp for me For the next plugin I plan on doing a more creative effect instead of EQ or Compression. Since I now have all the framework in place for the different plugin types and operating systems I'll be able to turn around the next plugin much quicker.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Old 20th February 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
* Logic 9.1 using 32 bit bridge mode now working
Brilliant Andrew!!
Old 20th February 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm demoing The Glue right now and I think it's fantastic.

I included it in a drum bus shootout, which you can hear on the 16th post of this thread:

Drum Bus Compressor Plug-In Shootout

I think The Glue trumps the Waves SSL Master Buss Compressor. The Glue may not sound *better,* but it sounds no worse, and the internal SC, clipper, and wet/dry make it a far more versatile option.

And the price is ridiculously good.
Old 26th February 2010 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News update:

v1.0.15 is released and available to all customers in their download section. I've labelled it as "Beta" since there is quite a lot of new code. This update includes:

* Win Rtas!
* Fix for Logic in 64 bit mode using the 32 bit bridge (Note: the Logic 32 bit bridge does not currently support sidechains and blanks out the interface when it first loads it - you have to click away from The Glue and it redraws properly. These two bugs are known issue that Apple is working to fix)
* Fix for Digital Performer, mono mode now works
* Fix for Live in full screen mode, menus now appear correctly
* Fix for Pro Tools, removal of duplicate plugin entry (Note: all Pro Tools users should update their projects to the "SC" version of The Glue using v1.0.14 so they load correctly with v1.0.15)

I'm currently compiling the trial version of v1.0.15 and will upload it as soon as it's done.
Old 27th February 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Oh man!!!

Andy, you're GREAT!!! I was waiting the win RTAS version!!!

The Glue is fantastic!!

Thanks a lot!

Now i'm waiting for your next move heh
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thx Andy

Just wanna say bought this plug some time ago and it really is the dogs gonads!!!! I'm gonna sell my waves ssl bundle because i no longer use the bus comp at all any more(never got into the eq side of things with that bundle) as your one clearly surpasses it in all areas features wise and sonically . In fact i have not really got past the presets(well with adjustments) for "parallel drums" and "bv smash" which i use my buses for !!!
your plug rocks thx man
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 ➑️
Just wanna say bought this plug some time ago and it really is the dogs gonads!!!! I'm gonna sell my waves ssl bundle because i no longer use the bus comp at all any more(never got into the eq side of things with that bundle) as your one clearly surpasses it in all areas features wise and sonically . In fact i have not really got past the presets(well with adjustments) for "parallel drums" and "bv smash" which i use my buses for !!!
your plug rocks thx man
Thanks for the Kudos! That's great to hear.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
The trial version of 1.0.15 is now available for download:

The Glue | Cytomic
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
...once 64 bit and v1.1 of The Glue are done...
First things first - that's the way we like it... thumbsup
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 ➑️
your plug rocks thx man
i'll gladly take this out your hands for you.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
andy..... just a thought....a nice delay unit and chorus/flange effect....i think the daw world has enough eq's and compressors...delay something like tc 2290
of 1210 chorus....or eventide h 3000.....great work.....jb
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
are you going to email us with the new update???
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalson ➑️
andy..... just a thought....a nice delay unit and chorus/flange effect....i think the daw world has enough eq's and compressors...delay something like tc 2290
I totally agree, the next thing from Cytomic will most likely be a more creative effect rather than EQ or Compression. Thanks for the suggestions - and if you have any further kit you think is cool please email me with model numbers etc Contact | Cytomic (all the email addresses come straight to me)
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
are you going to email us with the new update???
Existing customers can grab a copy from the download section of your account. If you don't have an account yet just create one with your original purchase email and your serial number will be linked up:

www.cytomic.com/user/register
Old 28th February 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
+1

split harmonizer?heh
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
A Roland Dimension D on steroids would be preeeeetty nice as well! =)
Lives for gear

I bought The Glue last week after demoing it in the mix phase of a record I was working on; I'm generally more of a hardware guy, but I fell in love with a two-stage approach on my 2-bus; The Glue and then going out to my Foote Control Systems P3S. Love it!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I totally agree, the next thing from Cytomic will most likely be a more creative effect rather than EQ or Compression.
A real, proper, ADT ... which is probably more a real done-with-tape flanger a la Beatles/Geoff Emerick (e.g., Clapton's guitar on While My Guitar ...). Something that moves and isn't static.

But any of these "old" style doublers/delays/flangers would be great.

B
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
News update:

v1.0.15 is released and available to all customers in their download section. I've labelled it as "Beta" since there is quite a lot of new code. This update includes:

* Win Rtas!
Hi Andy,

The Win RTAS version doesn't work in Pro Tools as it is right now in the zip archive that can be downloaded from your site.
There's The Glue.dpm and The Glue.rsr which have to be copied into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins.

The Glue.rsr has to be renamed into The Glue.dpm.rsr.
Only then the plugin will open in PT.
Old 1st March 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0t0b0t ➑️
Hi Andy,

The Win RTAS version doesn't work in Pro Tools as it is right now in the zip archive that can be downloaded from your site.
There's The Glue.dpm and The Glue.rsr which have to be copied into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins.

I was getting a DAE Error #7400 until I did this. Now it seems to work.
Old 2nd March 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
ive never posted on this forum before but after trying the glue decided to do this. This comp is amazing! ESPECIALLY the range knob. to be honest i tried it about a half a year ago in my mates studio and was not very impressed after the first glance at it but recently ive tried about 10 most popular software comps starting from waves ssl and elisya and every comp was affecting transients in a way i didnot like. The glue did the same thing 'cause the friend of mine was using it with a range knob fully adjusted to the right. when i almost gave up trying to find a software comp thast doesnot affect transients i tried to turn the range knob down and got THAT compressed drums but with preserved transients. it sounds sooooo analog to my ear.punchy, nice..hard..i dont know how to explain that but that sounds SICK! this comp rocks.
Old 25th March 2010 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0t0b0t ➑️
Hi Andy,

Thanks for spotting that one! I fixed it soon after I uploaded v1.0.15, so both the manual and the files have the correct instructions and file names, so if you are reading this now you don't have to worry about it!
Old 25th March 2010 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimento ➑️
ive never posted on this forum before but after trying the glue decided to do this. This comp is amazing! ESPECIALLY the range knob. to be honest i tried it about a half a year ago in my mates studio and was not very impressed after the first glance at it but recently ive tried about 10 most popular software comps starting from waves ssl and elisya and every comp was affecting transients in a way i didnot like. The glue did the same thing 'cause the friend of mine was using it with a range knob fully adjusted to the right. when i almost gave up trying to find a software comp thast doesnot affect transients i tried to turn the range knob down and got THAT compressed drums but with preserved transients. it sounds sooooo analog to my ear.punchy, nice..hard..i dont know how to explain that but that sounds SICK! this comp rocks.
Hi pimento,

Glad you took the time to check into this a little further! I was tempted not to have the "full" setting on the Range knob since it leads to a "digital" sound which is not possible in analog, but it does have it's applications for limiting large spikes with very fast settings of attack and release.

I do regret this since it seems whenever anyone does a comparison with other compressors that don't have such a feature they don't leave it at the default setting of -40, they crank it up to full and so do not hear The Glue at it's best.

Perhaps I should change "full" to "digital" and then people might not pick it as much?

Oh well, I'll continue to try and
πŸ“ Reply