🎧 15 years
heres the glue in action

YouTube - Honey thick mixing redeemer
Old 28th August 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobasser ➑️
ah ok. that's a shame as I like to demo plugs with the interace turned off so I don't get blinded by pretty graphics
The full version supports these default controls and units on them as well eg -12 dB. The reason that this is not possible for the demo is some hosts can save the parameter positions via these parameters which would circumvent the demo limitation of not saving.

Andrew Simper
Old 28th August 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
The full version supports these default controls and units on them as well eg -12 dB. The reason that this is not possible for the demo is some hosts can save the parameter positions via these parameters which would circumvent the demo limitation of not saving.

Andrew Simper
Fair enough.
Old 30th August 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
So Andy.. I think I'm going to buy the plug, when do you imagine the first release candidates will come around?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
So Andy.. I think I'm going to buy the plug, when do you imagine the first release candidates will come around?
I hope to get the final release and web page all finished by Friday 4th Sept.

I've got the web page processing payments all fine, and I'm just finishing up making the payment process and logging into the account generated as smooth as possible. Then I'll do the manual, which will be available as a public download as well.

Existing customers will also be able to create an account on the new web page to access their updates on demand, I'll send full details when it's all ready to go live.

I'm trying to track down the last remaining reported bug to do with the needle is failing to animate in very particular circumstances, so particular I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. So I'll probably release the v1.0.14 as it stands as the first (non beta) release with that as a known issue.

Andrew Simper
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Excellent. I just paypalled you.

It's a great plug, but also your frank communication on here is just as important. I wish more developers were as open.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Excellent. I just paypalled you.

It's a great plug, but also your frank communication on here is just as important. I wish more developers were as open.
You're welcome. Thanks for buying a copy of The Glue!

Andrew Simper
Old 7th September 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I've just gone live on the web page Cytomic | Sound Music Software which (hopefully!) accepts all major credit and debit cards. Anyone that hasn't had a paypal account in the past is now clear to buy a copy of The Glue.

Existing users can create an account at Cytomic | Sound Music Software using their registered email address (the one you receive update notifications with) and your existing serial number will be assigned to your account. A random password is generated and sent to your email address - so depending on your spam settings this may time sometime to be received.

If anyone has any trouble please contact me: Contact | Cytomic

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sounds great, Andy...... care to comment any more on XP / RTAS developments?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlange ➑️
Sounds great, Andy...... care to comment any more on XP / RTAS developments?
The Win Rtas version has a high priority and is next on the todo list along with bug fixing for Logic 9 and DP 6.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
The Win Rtas version has a high priority and is next on the todo list along with bug fixing for Logic 9 and DP 6.

Andrew Simper
Again, thanks!
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
excellent website Andy, congrats!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayur_FX ➑️
excellent website Andy, congrats!
Thanks Mayur! It's not the most fancy web page on the planet, but it does work and now people can but a copy of The Glue without having to wait for me to get out of bed

I've also finished off the first version of the manual - which I cribbed the structure of the excellent one you did for Synth Squad :D

Andrew Simper
Old 11th September 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
So It's about that time someone asked you what you are working on next, knowing full well you're not going to tell us, and rightly so

(but seriously.. what? d'oh! )
Old 11th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
afaik he is working on the 1.1 of the glue...
Old 24th September 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Anyone out there using The Glue in Logic 9 under Snow Leopard? I'm about to make the jump...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Anyone out there using The Glue in Logic 9 under Snow Leopard? I'm about to make the jump...
Yes, it's working great!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The Glue really changed my whole approach to ITB compression. Fantastic stuff.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Andy,

Still loving the glue - great stuff - BUT - is there a way to make the presets easier to "jump" through - I Live 8, it is a major PITA to load in new preset settings, requiring opening the load window and scrolling through to the next one and starting all over if you dont like the one you have selected. I like to "ballpark" with presets, so it would be great to jump through a lot very quickly (helps for quick comparison as well). I am wondering if the could be up/down arrows or some device which would allow to just jump to the next/previous preset in the list....

Other that that

awesome...

Thanks

thumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe ➑️
Andy,

Still loving the glue - great stuff - BUT - is there a way to make the presets easier to "jump" through - I Live 8, it is a major PITA to load in new preset settings, requiring opening the load window and scrolling through to the next one and starting all over if you dont like the one you have selected. I like to "ballpark" with presets, so it would be great to jump through a lot very quickly (helps for quick comparison as well). I am wondering if the could be up/down arrows or some device which would allow to just jump to the next/previous preset in the list....

Other that that

awesome...

Thanks

thumbsup
Oh, and this +100 million. An up & down button to click through the presets would be great.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Andrew said he is working on this preset issue to be solved in 1.1
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger ➑️
Andrew said he is working on this preset issue to be in 1.1
great news, really the only minor frustration I have with it. I haven't tired of this plug at all over the last month, loving it more and more.
Old 27th September 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I'm definitely going to make browsing for presets easier - the current system was really just a stop gap measure to get something done. I'll write a proper browser in the same style as the rest of the plugin instead of the odd looking one there is currently, and it will definitely have next / prev buttons and I'll also allow editing of the settings while in preview mode so you can adjust the threshold and makeup to suit the source material.

Andrew Simper
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'll also allow editing of the settings while in preview mode so you can adjust the threshold and makeup to suit the source material.
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm definitely going to make browsing for presets easier - the current system was really just a stop gap measure to get something done. I'll write a proper browser in the same style as the rest of the plugin instead of the odd looking one there is currently, and it will definitely have next / prev buttons and I'll also allow editing of the settings while in preview mode so you can adjust the threshold and makeup to suit the source material.

Andrew Simper

Cool!
Sounds like some pretty nice coming update
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Have to say I love this plug and I have most of the usual suspects and this one definitely has something special - thanks a lot!

+1 on the presets
Old 28th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Does this baby map to control surfaces?

Would love this on my Tango console.

Stef
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak ➑️

Stef
Absolutely!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak ➑️

Stef
The trial version of The Glue disables automation by plugin parameters, but the full version has this. If you host supports mapping of control surfaces to plugin parameters then you will be able to automate The Glue, but The Glue currently does not support direct midi learn itself.

Andrew Simper
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Fantastic Plug Andy!

Im using in my new tracks!

Please, in the next version create a next/previous preset button!
πŸ“ Reply