Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 28 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 25th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i have been using the glue now since the first beta and i must say i really like it.
looking forward to the final product - but i can't imagen it will get any better.
big
Old 25th June 2009 | Show parent
M2E
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey Andy,

Looks like it maybe a compatible problem with another plugin. I loaded it up with a blank session and it loaded up fine and fast. I will pull that session up I had to see if I can capture why it is having that problem. I'll take a screen shot for you.

Thanx
Old 27th June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert George ➑️
I was hoping that you would add a 20 ms attack time to the attack knob. Right now it goes from 10 to 30. 20ms is a good setting to have on mix buss sometimes. Or perhaps just being able to increment by milliseconds on the knob.

Also a detailed explanation of how/what the Rang knob is doing and some more details about the Peak Clip feature would be welcome.

Thanks
yeah I would be quite up for some more varies Attack settings...
Old 29th June 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by adl ➑️
I seem to remember that Andy is planning that for another update, as many people asked for that as well.
Yep, I'm definitely looking at adding a stereo link <--> dual mono knob for 1.1, but I will confirm this only once i've researched into it more and got a prototype working. I want to have a look at the api 2500 and see what is going on because they also have a filter in the link section which looks very interesting.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Andy

any motion on the dual monitor or bypass issues? I'd especially like to be able to access the presets.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes, I too am curious what the presets will suggest....
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➑️
Andy

any motion on the dual monitor or bypass issues? I'd especially like to be able to access the presets.
I apppologize for the lack of progress for people with dual monitors and the other bugs posted here. I have been finishing a contract for FXpansion and have not had time to look further into the situation. Bug fixing is on the top of my list once this small amount finishing up for FXpansion is done.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That's the problem with giving kids candy - they always want more goodies quickly once they see how good it tastes...

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thanks for keeping us in the loop Andy
Old 30th June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
did you figure out the mono insert nuendo problem
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
Yep, I'm definitely looking at adding a stereo link <--> dual mono knob for 1.1, but I will confirm this only once i've researched into it more and got a prototype working. I want to have a look at the api 2500 and see what is going on because they also have a filter in the link section which looks very interesting.

Andrew Simper
So, an SSL clone with the unique bits of API 2500 thrown in for good measure. Sounds good to me! =)
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalson ➑️
did you figure out the mono insert nuendo problem
I have not looked into this any further sorry. It is definitely one of the high priority bugs to fix immediately after completing the FXpansion contract work.

Andrew Simper
Old 7th July 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Bug in Cubase 5.01

Love The Glue but found a bug in Cubase 5.01 on a MAc 8 core with 10.57.

Sometimes the meter "go to sleep". Reloading The Glue won't cure it and when you try and close the project Cubase Crashes. You have to reload the project and then reload The Glue to get it working properly again. Hope this gets fixed soon. Love how it sounds and really can't do without it anymore.

Thanks
Old 8th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
hi Andy,
Just wondering if there's been any news on the dual monitor bug (MacOSX)?

Regards,
Matt
Old 10th July 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Sorry for the delays in getting bug fixes done to The Glue. I have still been finishing off previous commitments with FXpansion, but I have just had confirmation today that all the work has been accepted.

I will start the bug fixes for The Glue this weekend and will report back here as soon as I have more news or need more information to track down and eliminate the bugs.

Andrew Simper
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I will start the bug fixes for The Glue this weekend.... Andrew Simper
Oh my...no weekend fo you, hu?

Take care!

Thomas
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
but I have just had confirmation today that all the work has been accepted.

Andrew Simper

for those of us who have been waiting for the other something that is great news :-)
rsp
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by adl ➑️
Oh my...no weekend fo you, hu?

Take care!

Thomas
A weekend, ahh, I remember those mythical creatures, in the same genus as public holiday's aren't they? I had a few days off when I was sick a little while back, but I don't expect to have a day off for another few weeks at least - The Glue bug fixes and getting the online shop up and running definitely have a high priority.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
kind of goes with the territory if you're self-employed mate!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx ➑️
for those of us who have been waiting for the other something that is great news :-)
rsp
[OT: Synth Squad]
Yes, and good news for me too, I really can't wait till Synth Squad is on sale, and to hear peoples reaction. Be warned though, even with all the sse optimisations done it's a beast, but hopefully people will appreciate the attention to detail and great sound on offer and realise that it doesn't come for free cpu wise.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➑️
kind of goes with the territory if you're self-employed mate!
Definitely, and I don't mind it a bit. Knowing that every minute I spend in doing all this work is an investment is definitely a good motivator.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I personally feel that you should have a day off... I mean there's nothing killing us here at the moment. I showed it to a mate the other night and he bought it straight away.
For your long term satisfaction, I vote you have a day off and enjoy some fresh air, some fine wine and a good feed! :-)
I mean, it's got to be warmer and sunnier in your part of the world right now! Enjoy it!
Old 15th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
edit: downloaded the new trial and it's reset my demo! Now I get to run it through it's paces!! Awesome!
Old 19th July 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I've hopefully fixed peoples dual monitor troubles with displaying menus and the file load / save dialog boxes. I couldn't actually get the menu or dialog boxes to dissapear as reported, but I did spot some possible causes and have fixed them.

I have also added the suffix "SC" (for sidechain) to the second second menu item in the Pro Tools plugin selection menu. I could remove the non-sidechain version but this would break peoples projects since Pro Tools won't automatically swap over to the version with sidechain. If there is enough of a shout out that in the long run having only a single menu item outweights the pain of transferring old projects I'm happy to do it - whatever the majority of users want is fine with me.

I still have to look into the following:

* mouse offset issue in RTAS
* the mono version crashing nuendo 3
* needle freezing and crash on exit on some systems

I will release v1.0.14 with as many bug fixes as possible this coming week.

Andrew Simper
Old 19th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You have my vote for only 1 plug-in within Pro Tools instead of one with and without sidechain...

Thanks!
Old 20th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi ➑️
You have my vote for only 1 plug-in within Pro Tools instead of one with and without sidechain...

Thanks!
+1
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
...I will release v1.0.14 with as many bug fixes as possible this coming week.

Andrew Simper
great news - looking forward to it.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
how's the windows RTAS development going?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by strauss ➑️
how's the windows RTAS development going?
Work on windows RTAS development was halted some time ago and won't be resumed until post launch. The digidesign sdk does not support the latest version of the Microsoft compiler I am using, so there is nothing I can do in the short term to fix this issue.

Andrew Simper
Old 26th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Well I bought it, and i'm really loving it. It's just nice to use, and seems to make my drum groups feel right, and the dudes i'm mixing thought so too, without telling him what I did. Nice.
πŸ“ Reply