Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 27 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 17th June 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
A general note to all here. I really appreciate you guys being pro active and helping each other out, as well as helping me track down bugs while The Glue is in beta. A little extra information would make my life easier, and the turnaround time quicker to sorting the bugs. The following list of helpful details is from the beta info page :
  • Operating system and version (eg Win XP sp2 / Mac OS 10.5.6)
  • CPU type (eg PPC or Intel Core 2 Duo)
  • Host and version (eg Logic 8.0.2)
  • Version and type of The Glue you are using (eg The Glue v1.0.13 Au)
  • A brief list of steps to reproduce the problem from a blank project with no other plugins but those that come with your host

Any report is better that nothing, but the above info at least gives me a fighting chance to track the bug down

Andrew Simper
M2E
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
And which cpu please?

Andrew Simper
Mac Pro 2.66 (4 Core) Intel Based.

Thanx

Marc
M2E
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Let me do it all in one post so that you have all the info....

1. MAC OSX 10.5.7
2. Intel Core
3. Pro Tools HD 8cs3
4. Latest Glue Version
5. I pull up the plugin and it takes about 7 to 10 sec to show face of plugin. The plugin outside is there (All Gray) but the graphics show up later. Sometimes, the graphics never show up. I'll try to take a picture of it if I get a chance if you want/need to see.

Thanx

Marc
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
same thing here...same setup,same problem!!!I comeback to version 12 and everything is find since I did it!!!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Great, thanks for all that info. All of these issues are to do with the Juce framework. I think I have caused the delay for 10 seconds on some systems due to trying to fix a bug in the timer code of Juce. This should be easily fixed since I know roughly what is going on.

The redraw, preset load dialog in the wrong place on dual monitor setups / not drawing, and mouse offset bug are all known issues in Juce's Rtas wrapper not being able to find out off the Pro Tools which position on screen things should be. This is by no means a dig at Juce since there have been acknowledeged bugs fixed on the digidesign side as well. Fixing this may be diffucult since it involves full knowledge of three things: Juce internals, the gui side of the Rtas Sdk, and Mac Carbon windowing.

As always I will report back here as soon as I find out any news, and get new builds to people as soon as I can. Thanks everyone for your help getting The Glue solid as an Rtas plugin.

Andrew Simper
--
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The redraw, preset load dialog in the wrong place on dual monitor setups / not drawing, and mouse offset bug are all known issues in Juce's Rtas wrapper not being able to find out off the Pro Tools which position on screen things should be.

Andrew Simper
--
Hi Andy,
Just for clarification, I just wanted to mention that I am getting the presets display bug with the AU and VST versions, not just the RTAS version.

MacPro Jan'08 8 Core / OSX.5.7
6 GB Ram,
Logic 8.0.2 / Live 8.0.3 / ProToys 8 cs3
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey Andrew. Just a suggestion. Since this thread is 27 pages long now, why not put the link to the beta in your signature so people can find it easier than looking for the latest link on a specific page?
Old 18th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst ➑️
Hey Andrew. Just a suggestion. Since this thread is 27 pages long now, why not put the link to the beta in your signature so people can find it easier than looking for the latest link on a specific page?
Only 8 pages for me. Just a tip for everyone: Go to your user setting and you can change your permanent preference to 100 posts per page. Waaay better in my opinion. And oh yea, I liked the Glue when I demo'd it; I plan on picking it up eventually here. I think this thread is a great example of this site's ability to facilitate and amplify the word of mouth buzz about an excellent product. And I second your signature link suggestion, Ryst.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Good suggestion Done.

Andrew Simper
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I can't find the link to buy the Glue.....
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
There is no web shop yet, it's all manual paypal transfers at the moment. The details are contained on the info page in my sig.

Andrew Simper
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Thanks, Andrew.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Like Mattrixx I too am running into the dual screen bug using the au version in Live 8.03 / latest osX
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Skeens ➑️
Thanks for the clarification on that.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but is it possible to use the sidechain function on an Ableton Live 8 Return track? Doesn't seem as if Live allows audio to be routed to an input on a Return on 3-4 like the other tracks.
The Glue supports it, so any limitations will be down to Live. I'm sure the helpful people at Ableton will be able to answer your question if someone here can't.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Red face

Hey Andy,

Anyone else with GUI issues under PT 8.0cs3? Been messing with the full version on a m8's rig today and noticed...

When one loads 1.0.13 the controls act as normal, but when you open another plug-in and then go back to Glue the controls are offset by a lot.

^ I know this is perhaps down to the way PT's plug-in windowing is as of the 8.0 update, but it's a show-stopper not being able to control parameters correctly, so I hope for a fix soon.

Specs:

Mac Pro 2.66GHz, 5GB RAM
OS 10.5.6
PT 8.0cs3
Glue build 1.0.13

Ash
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I have posted to the Juce forum to see if anyone knows why the Juce Rtas code does this but I have had no replies: Raw Material Software :: View topic - Rtas mac mouse offset bug in Pro Tools 8 CS2

I have to delve deep into the bowels of Juce to sort this out so I'm not sure how long it's going to take to find a solution since it seems that neither the person that wrote Juce nor anyone currently using Juce for commerical products has any idea of how to get an Rtas plugin to get the correct mouse co-ordinates from Digidesign's Sdk.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I have posted to the Juce forum to see if anyone knows why the Juce Rtas code does this but I have had no replies: Raw Material Software :: View topic - Rtas mac mouse offset bug in Pro Tools 8 CS2

I have to delve deep into the bowels of Juce to sort this out so I'm not sure how long it's going to take to find a solution since it seems that neither the person that wrote Juce nor anyone currently using Juce for commerical products has any idea of how to get an Rtas plugin to get the correct mouse co-ordinates from Digidesign's Sdk.

Andrew Simper
Thanks for the heads up.

1 work-around is to bypass (apple+click) the plug-in in the insert column (with the GUI not showing), then do it again. This seems to sort it.

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAiken ➑️
the gray background is bigger than the plugin
same here...
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➑️
same here...
The blank area around The Glue is drawn by Pro Tools. If you use The Glue in most other hosts you don't have blank area like this.

Andrew Simper
Old 19th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
The blank area around The Glue is drawn by Pro Tools. If you use The Glue in most other hosts you don't have blank area like this.
I am on Digital Performer 5.1.3 tho...

--al
Old 19th June 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Do you have a screenshot? Is the top bar of your host larger than the width of The Glue? If so it's probably because the host does not adapt it's window size to that of plugins it hosts.

Andrew Simper
Old 20th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Do you have a screenshot? Is the top bar of your host larger than the width of The Glue? If so it's probably because the host does not adapt it's window size to that of plugins it hosts.
I'll try & grab a shot over this weekend. the host, DP, dos in fact adapt its window size for all other plugins that I have here, and I have quite a few. in fact I have not seen this problem on any other plugin than Glue.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Andy- I'm also on DP 5.1.3 and it does show a strip of gray area on the right side of the plug-in as well for me. Not a deal-breaker by any means but Climber is correct that it does show some extra gray space. None of my other plugs (and I have many!) show this. Just FYI.
I love da Glue!!!
(oh yeah Mac Pro 8 core with 10.4.11 DP 5.1.3)
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I haven't launched DP5.13 for awhile, but in DP6, the GUI displays properly - without any extra border space, that is.
Old 21st June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
DP 6.02 here, it works perfectly.
Old 24th June 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
After playing with this and comparing it to the UAD 4k buss comp i like it better. Much more flexible and I liked the sound of my mix better with The Glue. Great comp!!
Old 24th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I must say that I enjoy programming though the Glue..... It makes mixing fun. Due to its low latency, it's great to keep composing through it. Kind of backwards mixing and programming if you like. Tiz Fun!
Old 25th June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Hey,

Amazing work on this plugin.. I love the extra features you've added (ext side chain, side chain hpf, dry wet knob.. and I havent played with range yet.. but I'm sure I'll like that too :p)

However, there is one last feature that I feel would make this complete!.. a stereo link knob!.. or failing that, simply a button that allows you to un link the two sides!..

I find with the waves ssl (which I'm planning to get rid of in Cavour of the glue) I've often ended up creating two drum buses with a separate plugins on each to get an unlinked ssl sound.. I'd love if I could do that with just one plugin.. and it would be even better if I could do them half linked!

Thanks for an amazing product!
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by username ➑️
However, there is one last feature that I feel would make this complete!.. a stereo link knob!.. or failing that, simply a button that allows you to un link the two sides!..
I seem to remember that Andy is planning that for another update, as many people asked for that as well.
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
I was hoping that you would add a 20 ms attack time to the attack knob. Right now it goes from 10 to 30. 20ms is a good setting to have on mix buss sometimes. Or perhaps just being able to increment by milliseconds on the knob.

Also a detailed explanation of how/what the Rang knob is doing and some more details about the Peak Clip feature would be welcome.

Thanks
πŸ“ Reply