Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 26 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 13th June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
can someone try to insert the new version on a mono track in nuendo 3.....does not work here.......
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
For a v1.1 I plan to add a more advanced and integrated list box type browser which you can show and hide to left of the interface.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalson ➑️
can someone try to insert the new version on a mono track in nuendo 3.....does not work here.......
I am currently obtaining a copy of Nuendo 3 from Steinberg to test with. And will post here when I have found out more information.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I've updated the trial version to return some dummy data when asked to save and now it passes auval just fine. You can grab the Au trial version of The Glue here:
Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey ➑️
So are the validation/preset issues only appearing with the demo version?

Just trying to figure out if I'm doing something way off base with my installs regarding no presets.

I also find I can't map the controllers in Ableton Live (haven't tried it in Logic yet) is this another demo limitation?

Not a deal breaker by any means (demo-wise) just anticipating it into my workflow.

Sweet sounding comp I gotta say.

R.
The Trial version has a few limitations, one of them is that is no automation or mapping of midi to things since no parameters are exposed to your host. Below is the full list of limitations which is from the page Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info :
  • Timeout after 14 days
  • Gui only control of parameters, none exposed in host, no automation
  • No saving or copying of presets
The auval issue was only with the Trial version and is now fixed.

The disappearing preset load dialog box only happens with dual monitor setups and I'm looking into it now.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
The Trial version has a few limitations, one of them is that is no automation or mapping of midi to things since no parameters are exposed to your host. Below is the full list of limitations which is from the page Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info :
  • Timeout after 14 days
  • Gui only control of parameters, none exposed in host, no automation
  • No saving or copying of presets
The auval issue was only with the Trial version and is now fixed.

The disappearing preset load dialog box only happens with dual monitor setups and I'm looking into it now.

Andrew Simper
Gotcha!

And I found the presets via Load. Although, as mentioned above, it would be nice if this was implemented a little more straightforward.

I really like this comp. Funds coming through very soon...

R.
Old 14th June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Hi,
I have a very very strange thing with the version 13(not the demo one). With protool 8 m-powered(cs3)+10.5.7. When I open the plugin I have a grey screen. After, I restart protools, I click on the plugin and everything is fine but without the preset folder. I restart again, and everything was fine for the last 5 minute and the grey screen cameback again...anybody have seen this???
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Just demoed the mac rtas briefly yesterday, great compressor Andy!

Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamand ➑️
Hi,
I have a very very strange thing with the version 13(not the demo one). With protool 8 m-powered(cs3)+10.5.7. When I open the plugin I have a grey screen. After, I restart protools, I click on the plugin and everything is fine but without the preset folder. I restart again, and everything was fine for the last 5 minute and the grey screen cameback again...anybody have seen this???
I have only tested with Pro Tools 8 cs2 at the moment so something could easily have changed in Pro Tools to cause this issue. I will download cs3 and look into it further and report back here when I find out what is going on.

Andrew Simper
M2E
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey Andy,

I have noticed that on PT's HD 8 cs3 that when I pull up the plugin, it takes about 7 to 10sec before it shows the interface. I then close down the plugin and pull it up again and the same thing happens.
Also, I did notice the bug in which you turn the knob and another knob is either turned on or whatever but, also, there is another bug which I have already mentioned to Andy.
When you turn the knob the value numbers underneath the plugin do not move but when your take the cursor off the knob and put it back on the knob it shows you the correct db value.

I hope this help Andy. I'm still testing the plugin and will give my thoughts as well.

Thanx
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Andy,

plugin is working great in Pro Tools 7.4.2, I redid one of my earlier mixes and replaced the compressors on my drum bus and master buss and it was quite a difference. Thanks for getting the RTAS version going

Chris
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Any idea when the rtas version will be ready for windows?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E ➑️
Hey Andy,

I have noticed that on PT's HD 8 cs3 that when I pull up the plugin, it takes about 7 to 10sec before it shows the interface. I then close down the plugin and pull it up again and the same thing happens.
Also, I did notice the bug in which you turn the knob and another knob is either turned on or whatever but, also, there is another bug which I have already mentioned to Andy.
When you turn the knob the value numbers underneath the plugin do not move but when your take the cursor off the knob and put it back on the knob it shows you the correct db value.

I hope this help Andy. I'm still testing the plugin and will give my thoughts as well.

Thanx
Thanks for the bug report. What os and cpu are you using? I haven't downloaded Pro Tools cs 3 yet so I will do that and report back here.

Andrew Simper
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechstudio ➑️
Ditto!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechstudio ➑️
Because of I'm using VS2008 and digidesign are using VS2005 I cannot currently compile the Win Rtas version. I cannot give an accurate time estimate because I have no idea of how much work is involved in getting things to compile, if it is even possible to do so. I have stopped working on the Win Rtas version for the time being while I complete the web page and manual.

Andrew Simper
Old 15th June 2009 | Show parent
M2E
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks for the bug report. What os and cpu are you using? I haven't downloaded Pro Tools cs 3 yet so I will do that and report back here.

Andrew Simper
Sorry bout that. Mac OSX 10.5.7.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
same thing for me mac 10.5.7. Thank you andrew!!!
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
When I downloaded the 'Trial' ver., I tried to install "the Glue component" and i got a box asking "which application to use" (I have no idea) so if you could let me know how to install the plug, I can get started.

Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzCutz ➑️
When I downloaded the 'Trial' ver., I tried to install "the Glue component" and i got a box asking "which application to use" (I have no idea) so if you could let me know how to install the plug, I can get started.

Thanks
Drag and drop it into the plugins folder....
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto ➑️
Drag and drop it into the plugins folder....
OH!! thanks!!! What about the factory presets... I can't seem to access those?? any ideas on how to do that?
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzCutz ➑️
OH!! thanks!!! What about the factory presets... I can't seem to access those?? any ideas on how to do that?
Do they show up if you chose Load via the center/top menu that says Default? This should open a browser window containing Factory Bank 1.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg64 ➑️
Do they show up if you chose Load via the center/top menu that says Default? This should open a browser window containing Factory Bank 1.
In my case they only show up on my Macbook Pro which has no second monitor connected. I believe, multi monitors has something to do with, as a few of us in this situation have reported the same experience..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➑️
In my case they only show up on my Macbook Pro which has no second monitor connected. I believe, multi monitors has something to do with, as a few of us in this situation have reported the same experience..
I have multiple monitors on my Mac Pro and dont have any issues with the plugin. The only issue i have is with the needle being stolen by Battery in Cubase 4 which is a known bug. Everything else works fine and dandy.

If it helps i have mac pro 2008 and 2 hp pavillion f1703 monitors

Ben
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 ➑️
I have multiple monitors on my Mac Pro and dont have any issues with the plugin. The only issue i have is with the needle being stolen by Battery in Cubase 4 which is a known bug. Everything else works fine and dandy.

If it helps i have mac pro 2008 and 2 hp pavillion f1703 monitors

Ben
Is your right monitor your 'main' and your left the secondary? Just wondering if this might be the problem. Note, I also have the 8 Core Jan 08 Mac Pro. (30" + 22" Dell)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Andy maybe i'm missing something here downloaded the latest version when i launch it it says 14 day trial period, even though i have bought it! is this an evaluation copy ?or am i missing something
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➑️
Is your right monitor your 'main' and your left the secondary? Just wondering if this might be the problem. Note, I also have the 8 Core Jan 08 Mac Pro. (30" + 22" Dell)
Left main - right secondary mate
Old 16th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Good to hear you are getting some good use from The Glue.

There is a clip which is a fixed waveshaper post compressor, but there is not a limiter. I find this useful when I don't want to over-compress a signal but there are still the odd transient that gets through because of using a more moderate compression setting. I always double check it's use by turning down the main output fader and A/B listening to the signal with it on and off and make sure I can't hear the difference.

Andrew Simper
Thanks for the clarification on that.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but is it possible to use the sidechain function on an Ableton Live 8 Return track? Doesn't seem as if Live allows audio to be routed to an input on a Return on 3-4 like the other tracks.
Old 16th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 ➑️
Left main - right secondary mate
mine is right main, left secondary FWIW

hope that this gets fixed soon as it is a little annoying.
Old 17th June 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E ➑️
Sorry bout that. Mac OSX 10.5.7.
And which cpu please?

Andrew Simper
Old 17th June 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 ➑️
Andy maybe i'm missing something here downloaded the latest version when i launch it it says 14 day trial period, even though i have bought it! is this an evaluation copy ?or am i missing something
I have double checked both the mac and win downloads and they are working fine. Can you please let me know some more detailed info, like which version of the plugin you are downloading, which host you are using, which operating system you are on, and what cpu type you have? Have you tried doing a rescan of The Glue?

Andrew Simper
πŸ“ Reply