Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 22 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 26th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
so how long before web page is live and official vst release of "The Glue" is ready for automated purchase and download?
Old 26th May 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ha33y ➑️
so how long before web page is live and official vst release of "The Glue" is ready for automated purchase and download?
I expect everything to be ready for Fri 5th June, and this will most likely include the Mac Rtas version with mono external sidechain (Pro Tools only supports mono external sidechains!) Win RTAS people, sorry but there are many more hoops to jump through to get this working because I am using a different compiler to the one the SDK was made with, so I don't have a time frame on that one just yet.

Andrew Simper
Old 27th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
I expect everything to be ready for Fri 5th June
This can only be a very good omen, cause that's my birthday. :-)
Andy, do you have any plans on implementing VST3? I really like the native sidechain integration in cubase.

P.S. "sorry" for that little offtopic before ;-)
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Side-chain?

Guys, I am feeling like the biggest idiot about now. I've gone through all 22 pages of this thread and have not found the answer to my problem.

I am using the beta of The Glue in Logic 7. How do I choose the side chain source? All I can do is toggle EXT IN on and off. The "Side Chain" input select is not where it normally would be (top right corner).

Please, someone clue my dumb ass in, I'm pulling my hair out.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphonic ➑️
This can only be a very good omen, cause that's my birthday. :-)
Andy, do you have any plans on implementing VST3? I really like the native sidechain integration in cubase.

P.S. "sorry" for that little offtopic before ;-)
VST3 support may possibly be supported in the future, but definitely not in the next 6 months. It is a completely new plugin standard and will take as much work to support and test as rtas or au. In addition Steinberg have given me no technical reason why they can't support external sidechain selection in the same way as VST3 plugins for VST2.4 ones.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
VST3 support may possibly be supported in the future, but definitely not in the next 6 months.
Andrew Simper
But RTAS Windoze quite soon, right?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopIsNotDead ➑️
Guys, I am feeling like the biggest idiot about now. I've gone through all 22 pages of this thread and have not found the answer to my problem.

I am using the beta of The Glue in Logic 7. How do I choose the side chain source? All I can do is toggle EXT IN on and off. The "Side Chain" input select is not where it normally would be (top right corner).

Please, someone clue my dumb ass in, I'm pulling my hair out.
Logic 7 doesn't support the AU spec properly. A plugin that uses a quad input and stereo ouput will work in Logic 7, but not in Logic 8. A plugin that uses 2xStereo inputs and a Stereo output will work with Logic 8 but not in Logic 7. If you are a customer I will happily give you a refund if this is a dealbreaker. Otherwise you could ask Apple why they don't support their own AU plugin standard in their own top of the line audio product

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlange ➑️
But RTAS Windoze quite soon, right?
I will get the RTAS Win version working as soon as possible after launch as a matter of priority.

Andrew Simper
Old 28th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Logic 7 doesn't support the AU spec properly. A plugin that uses a quad input and stereo ouput will work in Logic 7, but not in Logic 8. A plugin that uses 2xStereo inputs and a Stereo output will work with Logic 8 but not in Logic 7. If you are a customer I will happily give you a refund if this is a dealbreaker. Otherwise you could ask Apple why they don't support their own AU plugin standard in their own top of the line audio product

Andrew Simper
OK, i've got Logic 8 but still don't know how to get the side chain working like the other guy. Any tips? Or have i missed something and it won't work in Logic 8?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Pimp ➑️
OK, i've got Logic 8 but still don't know how to get the side chain working like the other guy. Any tips? Or have i missed something and it won't work in Logic 8?
I have just tested v1.0.11 AU and external sidechaining is not working. Version 1.0.12 will fix this, and also add support for mono with external sidechain as well. Sorry for releasing a version with this disabled and thanks for pointing it out.

The full list for v1.0.12:

* Re-written vst io negotiations and buffer management (I replaced all the Juce framework code now with my own hopefully bullet proof version). This will hopefully fix some nagging issues with Cubase 4
* Improved timer code (another fix to Juce)
* Improved redraw on Mac (a fix to the way I was using Juce)
* Au support for params with units so default editors work much better
* Au support for multiple io configs mono and stereo with external sidechain, was previously just stereo
* Presets
* Manual

All these additions will hopefully be the final fixes needed for release. All customers will receive an email with download links as soon as I get the new automated distribution system up and working on the server

Andrew Simper
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I have just tested v1.0.11 AU and external sidechaining is not working. Version 1.0.12 will fix this, and also add support for mono with external sidechain as well. Sorry for releasing a version with this disabled and thanks for pointing it out.

The full list for v1.0.12:

* Re-written vst io negotiations and buffer management (I replaced all the Juce framework code now with my own hopefully bullet proof version). This will hopefully fix some nagging issues with Cubase 4
* Improved timer code (another fix to Juce)
* Improved redraw on Mac (a fix to the way I was using Juce)
* Au support for params with units so default editors work much better
* Au support for multiple io configs mono and stereo with external sidechain, was previously just stereo
* Presets
* Manual

All these additions will hopefully be the final fixes needed for release. All customers will receive an email with download links as soon as I get the new automated distribution system up and working on the server

Andrew Simper

Coooool!
Good to see we are really getting close to the official release. The glue is all over my mixes since i bought it.
Old 29th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Andy,

You should take a quick look at:

https://gearspace.com/board/internat...mic-112db.html

and leave a comment about how your CP and sales are doing, if you don't mind...

Thanks for not being dickish with your CP!
Old 31st May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I couldn't wait for the 5th; I just sent my US$99 this morning while the Canadian dollar is high! The plug demo has been living on my mixbuss since I downloaded it...
Old 1st June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Guys! I tried the Glue yesterday with Ableton Live 8 and Cubase 5 and it crashed both apps..

Info...

Cubase 5.1 just wont load with the Glue in the VST folder, remove and loads.. No error message

Ableton 8.0.3 starts to load but crashes, Windows style... you computer ect.. end task. ect...

Any ideas? Web site says compatible with Cubase 5?

SW
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
What windows platform? I'm using the glue on both an Athlon A64 - Win XP machine, and a MacBook - OSX machine, both running Live 8.0.3, without any problems.
Old 1st June 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Andy, so is this available for us PT users now? Or must we wait a bit longer...?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackback Drop ➑️
Guys! I tried the Glue yesterday with Ableton Live 8 and Cubase 5 and it crashed both apps..

Info...

Cubase 5.1 just wont load with the Glue in the VST folder, remove and loads.. No error message

Ableton 8.0.3 starts to load but crashes, Windows style... you computer ect.. end task. ect...

Any ideas? Web site says compatible with Cubase 5?

SW
Do you meet the minimum system specifications stated on the download page: Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info ?

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist ➑️
Andy, so is this available for us PT users now? Or must we wait a bit longer...?
The Mac Rtas will be available soon.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Do you meet the minimum system specifications stated on the download page: Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info ?

Andrew Simper
I see it; SSE2 thingy - my studio PC is an old Athlon XP...! (don't laugh!)

tiz the same reason I cannot use Studio One...

I feel an upgrade coming, now where did I put my wallet!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sidechain with C4 doesn't work (Quadro setup).

All other sidechain capable plugins (Sonalksis, Kjaerhus...) are working without problems. Hope this can be fixed.

(V. 1.0.11)

Forget to write about my first experience.
For a native compressor its ok. It seems that the Glue narrows down a bit the stereo image?

I prefer the UAD Precision Buss or the new UAD 4K Buss^^
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Bugger! Got it working here on Live and now me demo time has expired!

Pretty Please - any chance I can get an extension...
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind ➑️
Sidechain with C4 doesn't work (Quadro setup).

All other sidechain capable plugins (Sonalksis, Kjaerhus...) are working without problems. Hope this can be fixed.

(V. 1.0.11)

Forget to write about my first experience.
For a native compressor its ok. It seems that the Glue narrows down a bit the stereo image?

I prefer the UAD Precision Buss or the new UAD 4K Buss^^
At the time of releasing v1.0.11 I didn't have a copy of Cubase 4 yet from Steinberg, v1.0.12 works with Cubase 4 and will be available shortly. FYI The Glue retains the stereo image perfectly, you may double check this with any tool so choose. Thanks for trying out The Glue, even if you prefer other bus compressors :-) Just out of interest had you already purchased either of the UAD products at the time you tested The Glue?

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:

The new v1.0.12 Trial will reset everyone's trial periods for another two weeks.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

get your card out and buy it !!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I am using VST on XP. Is there any benefit to purchasing "The Glue" before the official release? Or has the VST already been officially released? Just curious as I am going to be buying since my demo is over.

I am using Samplitude 10.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunard ➑️
I am using VST on XP. Is there any benefit to purchasing "The Glue" before the official release? Or has the VST already been officially released? Just curious as I am going to be buying since my demo is over.

I am using Samplitude 10.
If you have tested the Trial version and all is working fine for you then buying The Glue early will:

1) be more of a pain to buy since I'm only accepting manual paypal transfers,
2) be more useful since you get to use it now in your compositions.

Everyone that buys it now gets full support and all 1.x updates just like anyone that buys it later on.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ah, Ok.. Lets see if v12 can do the sidechain "trick"

I compared your compressor directly with the UAD plugins. On the masterbuss I prefer the UAD plugins but on the drumbuss your compressor could be a native alternative.
I will check this with the stereoimage again.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind ➑️
Ah, Ok.. Lets see if v12 can do the sidechain "trick"

I compared your compressor directly with the UAD plugins. On the masterbuss I prefer the UAD plugins but on the drumbuss your compressor could be a native alternative.
I will check this with the stereoimage again.
Just in case you missed my previous question I will repeat it again: Just out of interest had you already purchased either of the UAD products at the time you tested The Glue?

The reason I like to get this stuff out in the open is just so anyone reading your comments can make an informed decision. I always tell people not to trust my opinion on The Glue since I will obviously be biased.

Andrew Simper
Old 2nd June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The new v1.0.12 Trial will reset everyone's trial periods for another two weeks.

Andrew Simper
Music to my ears! Cheers Andrew
Old 2nd June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Just in case you missed my previous question I will repeat it again: Just out of interest had you already purchased either of the UAD products at the time you tested The Glue?

The reason I like to get this stuff out in the open is just so anyone reading your comments can make an informed decision. I always tell people not to trust my opinion on The Glue since I will obviously be biased.

Andrew Simper
I own the UAD plugins.
Seems that other people have similar "problems".
I found this in the UAD forum UAD Forums • View topic - Cytomic "The Glue" compressor
I cannot verify that the Glue "muffles the high" but... May be you can improve your DSP algorithm to the release to make all people happy

People in this UAD forum will try to borrow a Buss Compressor from SSL to do a head-to-head between the new 4K, the Duende and you compressor. Could be interesting what people prefer
πŸ“ Reply