Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 18 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 10th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➑️
There is an irony to this statement in that this is precisely Cytomic's precept behind this thread. And it's explicit.

We are the beta testers.

That's actually the whole idea behind the words "public beta" used in post #125.

Everyone is participating in this willingly and happily, sharing information with Andy to help him refine the product for the market. In exchange he has offered us a discount. As soon as this process is over, the price goes back up to its original intended cost.

When people say "Please don't make us the beta testers," they generally mean "Please don't make us the unwilling/unwitting beta testers."

In this case, there's no ruse afoot. It's on the door in big red letters as you come in.

- c

Well said!!!
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Andy... check this out ...my first mix with the glue.....its on the drum buss,the perc buss and loops, all backing vocals....also the kid's vocal buss...and the ele piano track....its just super

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/529668/on...%20version.wav

its a song that's being used for a big campaign for the troops in iraq
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
does this work with Sonar 7? dragged it over to my VST folder and its not showing up in the plugin list...
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakened ➑️
does this work with Sonar 7? dragged it over to my VST folder and its not showing up in the plugin list...
It sounds like it's not working. The helpful people at Roland / Cakewalk have given me a copy of Sonar 8 to test with. I will report back here when I have tested with that.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
It sounds like it's not working. The helpful people at Roland / Cakewalk have given me a copy of Sonar 8 to test with. I will report back here when I have tested with that.

Andrew Simper
thanks man. i'd definitely like to hear it soon
Old 11th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This thing rocks man! Already purchased. Great job!

First software BUS comp that has stood up, IMHO.

E.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks like he's removed the purchasing option for the moment. Release must be imminent. I've got 12 days left to demo, but wanted to purchase while the Aussie dollar wasn't too bad.. I suspect it'll take a dive when Australia's budget is announced tomorrow night. Mmmmm
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone know if the Glue is compatible with SX3?
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Thing sounds awesome!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➑️
Looks like he's removed the purchasing option for the moment. Release must be imminent. I've got 12 days left to demo, but wanted to purchase while the Aussie dollar wasn't too bad.. I suspect it'll take a dive when Australia's budget is announced tomorrow night. Mmmmm
Hey Matrixx,

Was there a "buy it" link ?

In the purchasing instructions on the website it says to

sent $99 via paypal to: [email protected]

That's what I've just done anyway.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalson ➑️
Andy... check this out ...my first mix with the glue.....its on the drum buss,the perc buss and loops, all backing vocals....also the kid's vocal buss...and the ele piano track....its just super

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/529668/on...%20version.wav

its a song that's being used for a big campaign for the troops in iraq
Good work, I hope The Glue allowed you to get the sound you were after easily

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner ➑️
Hey Matrixx,

Was there a "buy it" link ?

In the purchasing instructions on the website it says to

sent $99 via paypal to: [email protected]

That's what I've just done anyway.
Yep that's the one and only way to do it at the moment till the shop is ready.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well, I just picked this up and I must say it rocks - I tried a comparison on a mix I had (fairly bass heavy, dub style with lots of high freq effects) with the T-Racks Singles (fairchild & Opto), with the Rocket and with the TG Limiter and the Glue was definitely my favourite - all the other sounded fine and had their own thing, but for the 2-buss, the Glue retained what I like about my mix while subtley enhancing it - between the hipass, range and mix controls I found it very easy to dial in several unique settings which were flattering in various ways to the mix - I could control the bass content (some of the others were kind of farty) the amount of transient squash and easily see what was happening with the dry/wet - great job on the sound and the controls!
Old 12th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Andrew Simper
Aha!! Thanks I understand!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
RTAS

Quote:

Andrew Simper
Andrew

Will the introductory offer continue untll after you have a working RTAS version?

Thanks

B
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i think this is the first plugin i have purchased that has really made me think WOW !!! $99 ......man hardware days are really numbered!!! super glue in my daw
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackback Drop ➑️
Anyone know if the Glue is compatible with SX3?
The demo worked here in SX3...I'd try it yourself to be sure.
Old 13th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Ah.. i just bought it! been waiting a month for this, now it's finally over and i can get my daily GLUE fix. I'm so and GLUED!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
For anyone interested: It works in Logic 5.5 thru EnergyXT.
Maybe in some other old hosts too.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Andy, any ETA on release?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
The license agreement is located on a link from this page: Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info . For a quick rundown The Glue comes with your serial number and name encoded into the binary so it will run on any machine you install it on, and you are allowed to use it on up to two machines at once if they are used for a single composition. An example usage would be a dj setup with two laptops, or a second computer being used synced up to the first to expand your computing power.

Andrew Simper

hi Just to clarify.
Can I use install it on two computers (My main desktop DAW, PC, and my laptop DAW, Mac) with one licensing? I never use them at the same time.. one is in the studio and one is when I go to other studios to work.
Also is the $99 a limited price?
thanks
rsp
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx ➑️
hi Just to clarify.
Can I use install it on two computers (My main desktop DAW, PC, and my laptop DAW, Mac) with one licensing? I never use them at the same time.. one is in the studio and one is when I go to other studios to work.
thanks
rsp
Yes. I'm using it on my Mac, where I write music, and on my PC, where I mix it.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Smile Suggestion for a new product

Andy,

you did such a great job with "The Glue" I honestly feel your plug beats out the Waves and UAD plugs. Have you thought about what you wanted to do for your next project?

may I suggest a Distressor emulation plug. I know UA is working on one, maybe you can give them some healthy competition!
Old 14th May 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe ➑️
Well, I just picked this up and I must say it rocks - I tried a comparison on a mix I had (fairly bass heavy, dub style with lots of high freq effects) with the T-Racks Singles (fairchild & Opto), with the Rocket and with the TG Limiter and the Glue was definitely my favourite - all the other sounded fine and had their own thing, but for the 2-buss, the Glue retained what I like about my mix while subtley enhancing it - between the hipass, range and mix controls I found it very easy to dial in several unique settings which were flattering in various ways to the mix - I could control the bass content (some of the others were kind of farty) the amount of transient squash and easily see what was happening with the dry/wet - great job on the sound and the controls!
That's great to hear this as this is exactly what I was trying to achieve with the design.

I spent some time making sure the knob ranges and behaviour were a good balance of getting the job done and allowing for fine tuning. It's interesting to note that that after having picked the range for the -6 dB (one pole) high pass with the middle at 200hz that the Manley Vari Mu has a mod with a -6 dB high pass at 200hz. The only knob I think is a little much perhaps is the makeup gain going up to 40 dB when really 20 dB is enough.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by juansep ➑️
Andy, any ETA on release?
In the next couple of weeks tops for the main release, but that may not include the rtas till a couple more weeks after. I'm just having to finish up some work on a product I'm releasing through FXpansion, the Synth Squad, which has delayed The Glue a bit.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx ➑️
hi Just to clarify.
thanks
rsp
Your above setup is absolutely fine. I do the same which is why I wanted this. I have a mac laptop, and mac desktop and a win pc and I like to have my software on all of them since I work on them all at various times. I even allow you to run it on two machines at once if they are on the same composition / performance.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing81 ➑️
Andrew

Will the introductory offer continue untll after you have a working RTAS version?

Thanks

B
The short answer: the price will stay at $99 usd post launch.

The slightly longer answer: I have double checked with my accountant. They said that if I'm not registered for VAT (sales tax) in the uk I don't have to charge it to customers. This means I can stay at $99 usd for the main release as well. All I was ever going to do was add VAT to the price but I don't have to just yet

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoe62 ➑️
Andy,

you did such a great job with "The Glue" I honestly feel your plug beats out the Waves and UAD plugs. Have you thought about what you wanted to do for your next project?

may I suggest a Distressor emulation plug. I know UA is working on one, maybe you can give them some healthy competition!
Thanks for the suggestion. I would love to do a Distressor, I think they sound awesome. I have about 10 solid options for my next plugin at this stage. I'm just letting all the ideas percolate in the back of my head since I need to launch the glue and get the rtas version done as well.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Distressor would be amazing, but given that the unit itself is essentially an emulation 'all-in-one' box, you could just as well focus on the individual units it tries to approximate. I would love to hear a great opto/tube-style comp like an LA2A to use on vocals! I'm not sure if anyone has done that well yet.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I would love to do a Distressor, I think they sound awesome. I have about 10 solid options for my next plugin at this stage. I'm just letting all the ideas percolate in the back of my head since I need to launch the glue and get the rtas version done as well.

Andrew Simper
Do you have a timeframe for having a working RTAS demo at this point?
πŸ“ Reply