Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 17 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 6th May 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Thanks guys, it's good to hear you're getting good use from it. I was worried that the whole PeakClip was a bad idea. I added it as a convenience for me since I could see that for some attack transients you didn't want the compressor have to bend over that deep to get rid of them, but you didn't want them left. I just wanted something that you didn't have to worry about, just just click a button and it takes care of it, leaving as much of your signal as possible in tact, but just soft clipped off the biggest peaks in a nice sounding way. Many people wanted numerous options and parameters to tweek with it. It's good to hear that some people are finding it useful like me just the way it is

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
In addition to music, I do a lot ot TV and radio spots. I've added The Glue in front of my UAD Precision Limiter as a standard 2-bus setup, and must say my mixes have never sounded bigger. Even clients who otherwise know squat are commenting. Well done, Andrew!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Wow, that's great. It's always good to have people notice stuff that you know are commenting on it without bias, especially if it's your clients

Andrew Simper
Old 7th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
andy....we have a production studio...that do everything from music,video,radio,everything.....today i put the glue on a voice over track...and it was like magic.....the voice fit soo nice with the bed audio.......do more cool plugins...
would you consider maybe effects....need a good chorus and delay plugin....
keep up the good work.......joey
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Andy, how we lookin' for the RTAS release on Friday?

Thanks!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi ➑️
Andy, how we lookin' for the RTAS release on Friday?

Thanks!

YES!!!
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Anybody else using the THE GLUE successfully in Wavelab 5?

...Just want to make sure...before i anny up.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Still looking good for an Rtas by the end of tomorrow.

I'm having to update to the latest "tip" of Juce, the framework I'm using to do guis and wrapping to different plugin formats, so the v1.0.12 which will have the Rtas version will be lots of new code, and probably not very stable because of it. Good news is that the latest version of Juce is now "Cocoa" instead of the old and now depricated "Carbon" on mac, so this should be more stable in the long run.

All the best,

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
Still looking good for an Rtas by the end of tomorrow.

I'm having to update to the latest "tip" of Juce, the framework I'm using to do guis and wrapping to different plugin formats, so the v1.0.12 which will have the Rtas version will be lots of new code, and probably not very stable because of it. Good news is that the latest version of Juce is now "Cocoa" instead of the old and now depricated "Carbon" on mac, so this should be more stable in the long run.

All the best,

Andrew Simper
but how it gets more stable in a long run?
pro tools (RTAS) works "ok", not perfect with 10.5.5 and 10.5.6 in the moment.
the upcoming OS 10.6 will be PT ready maby in one year or more?
wich means for me, only PT can change (cs3, cs4 or what ever) but
the system will stay the same for a long time for PT users.

or do i miss understand you?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes, I essentially purchased The Glue to use with Pro Tools, so I'm counting on it being stable... now!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
All the dsp and gui code I have written will remain identical to v1.0.11. I cannot say the same for the Juce framework code so just wanted to warn people. I would rather do this and then have only minor issues than raise peoples expectations to unrealistic levels for the very first beta of the Rtas version. Any niggling issues I expect to be fixed with several weeks.

Andrew Simper
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalson ➑️
I'm sure it's something Andy is thinking about.

You may want to check out the Massey TD-5 delay plug, it's awesome!! For a Chorus plug, I'd have to say I'm not sure... I may ask to see if the guys at Overloud can render a single of one of their Chorus plugs in TH-1 as it's soooo lush, I love it!!

Old 8th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
All the dsp and gui code I have written will remain identical to v1.0.11. I cannot say the same for the Juce framework code so just wanted to warn people. I would rather do this and then have only minor issues than raise peoples expectations to unrealistic levels for the very first beta of the Rtas version. Any niggling issues I expect to be fixed with several weeks.

Andrew Simper
so you can make it stable...thats good ;-)
we help you with finding the issues.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Yep that's the idea, but that's not much use if you are in the middle of production and you upgrade The Glue to a version and then find there are problems which mean you can't work, which is why I would prefer to warn people

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Any niggling issues I expect to be fixed with several weeks.
As a black man, I resent you bringing race into this discussion. Good day, sir!

- c
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
It's not looking good for an Rtas version today. There are loads of issues with the latest version of the Juce framework causing crashes and odd graphics and probably more since I didn't even have to test very hard to find those. This is the transcript from the Juce forum:

andrewsimper Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:39 pm Post subject: Has the Rtas graphics offset bug been fixed in Juce v1.46? If not then when is Juce v1.47 going to be ready? If Juce v1.47 is not ready now is the current tip safe for production code? If so can someone please name some plugins currently using the tip that are on the market with demo version that I can double check all is well?

jules Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:58 pm The tip is very stable at the moment, but I can't seem to find a good time to put the 1.47 label on it... I've been wanting to do so for a few months, but there always seems to be just one more little thing to do...

andrewsimper Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:08 pm Great, I've grabbed a copy and have been merging away with the async popup menu and dialog box stuff, as well as a few changes to the vst speaker handling. I'll let you know how it all goes with building the demo plugin and running it up in Pro Tools 8 CS2.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Absolute Buzz Kill!!!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Absolute Buzz Kill!!!
I'm not giving up. I said a version will be ready and I'm going to do my best to deliver on it. Another coffee and away I go...

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Good luck and Godspeed Andy!!! thumbsup
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Good luck! Can't wait!!!!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Well I got the Juce v1.46 to compile and make an rtas plugin, but it's as I feared from reports the forum, the graphics updates are all over the place so you get multiple versions of the plugin interface all drawn at different offsets and flickering wildly. In addition the framework only supports 1-1 and 2-2 processing, so it has no external sidechain support. All of these things mean I shall not be releasing the rtas version just yet. I am in contact with the author of Juce to fix these issues.

Sorry for the delay on this, but it seems if I update to the latest code I get new bugs, or if I stay with the old code I get old bugs, but either way I can't get a decent rtas version from Juce.

Andrew Simper
Old 9th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Take your time.Only release it when it's correct no matter how long it takes.Please do not pull a Digidesign and make us the beta testers.No rush and don't listen to the whiners who WANT IT NOW!If it takes a few more months then so be it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey Bro... speak for yourself! Obviously, I don't want a half ass release but I was looking forward to using The Glue in Pro Tools on some mixes this weekend. Whiners... you got some nerve my friend!
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Whiners... you got some nerve my friend!
Exactly what I was talking about.tutt
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN1 ➑️
Exactly what I was talking about.tutt
I think he was kidding. It was a parody.

- c
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Take your time. Only release it when it's correct no matter how long it takes.Please do not pull a Digidesign and make us the beta testers.
+1 thumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Obviously, Andy's got to take his time on this to make sure the plug works properly!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I definitely want the first rtas version to be as rock solid as possible. The Juce framework has done a fantastic job so for in allowing me to write the vst and au versions with minimal bugs and great functionality. It's a great tool and the person that wrote it is a talented coder. It's just a shame that the rtas code isn't quite as solid as the vst and au, but I hope with the help of the Juce community to make it so.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Please do not pull a Digidesign and make us the beta testers.
There is an irony to this statement in that this is precisely Cytomic's precept behind this thread. And it's explicit.

We are the beta testers.

That's actually the whole idea behind the words "public beta" used in post #125.

Everyone is participating in this willingly and happily, sharing information with Andy to help him refine the product for the market. In exchange he has offered us a discount. As soon as this process is over, the price goes back up to its original intended cost.

When people say "Please don't make us the beta testers," they generally mean "Please don't make us the unwilling/unwitting beta testers."

In this case, there's no ruse afoot. It's on the door in big red letters as you come in.

- c
πŸ“ Reply