Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 14 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 12th April 2009 | Show parent
ukm
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
If you open a stereo file you should have a 2in-2out configuration by default. You can check the settings of your audio interface in „options->preferences->audio device“ under „ASIO connections“.
However, if you open a „Audio Montage“ you can choose between several configurations in „edit“.

ukm
Old 12th April 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
@Axiz7: just in case you missed it ukm is using Wavelab 6, not Wavelab 5.

Andrew Simper
Old 15th April 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Any new news on the RTAS version? I'm buying it as soon as it's available. I've demoed the Au version and love the sound but I mix in protools.
Old 15th April 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I have ordered my developer hardware from Digidesign but it's yet to arrive. I was hoping it would have arrived a while ago since I placed my order as soon as I was accepted into the third party developer program, but still no sign. Sorry I can't be more definite but it's all beyond my control at the moment.

Andrew Simper
Old 16th April 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Just gotta give a shoutout to Andy, THIS PLUG ROCKS!!!! Just tried the demo out and it does everything I want in an ITB buss compressor. You'll have my money soon!
Old 17th April 2009 | Show parent
Vum
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is anyone using this plug-in currently? Is the RTAS version available?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vum ➑️
Is anyone using this plug-in currently? Is the RTAS version available?
Check back through the thread
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Concerning RTAS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
I have ordered my developer hardware from Digidesign but it's yet to arrive. I was hoping it would have arrived a while ago since I placed my order as soon as I was accepted into the third party developer program, but still no sign. Sorry I can't be more definite but it's all beyond my control at the moment.

Andrew Simper
Old 18th April 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukm ➑️
If you open a stereo file you should have a 2in-2out configuration by default. You can check the settings of your audio interface in „options->preferences->audio device“ under „ASIO connections“.
However, if you open a „Audio Montage“ you can choose between several configurations in „edit“.

ukm
Andy, sorry not sure it matters as far as routing goes but, got to the studio and checked Wavelab 4.0 also.

Under M-Audio ASIO I'm at a Input 1+2 and Output 1+2.

...Still getting "The Glue can't handle the number of input channels" Bummer, love this on the 2-bus in Cubase.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiz7 ➑️
Andy, sorry not sure it matters as far as routing goes but, got to the studio and checked Wavelab 4.0 also.

Under M-Audio ASIO I'm at a Input 1+2 and Output 1+2.

...Still getting "The Glue can't handle the number of input channels" Bummer, love this on the 2-bus in Cubase.
The error message should read "Wavelab 4 doesn't handle the vst spec correctly". There is no problem with The Glue, I handle 2 in and 2 out processing, and 2-1, and 1-1, and 4-2. Please ask Steinberg to update Wavelab 4 to correctly handle speaker configurations in their implementation of the vst spec. They have done this for Wavelab 5.

Andrew Simper
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The error message should read "Wavelab 4 doesn't handle the vst spec correctly". There is no problem with The Glue, I handle 2 in and 2 out processing, and 2-1, and 1-1, and 4-2. Please ask Steinberg to update Wavelab 4 to correctly handle speaker configurations in their implementation of the vst spec. They have done this for Wavelab 5.

Andrew Simper
Andy, I understand your concern about this, but we all know Steinberg is not going to do that and neither is going to happen for the users still using Logic 5.5.

Is there any chance that you would do a different version with 3 dlls: Mono (1-1), Stereo (2-2) and SC (2-4)?

I mean, keep the normal plugin as it is now but do another one with different dlls for old hosts.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrow ➑️
Andy, I understand your concern about this, but we all know Steinberg is not going to do that and neither is going to happen for the users still using Logic 5.5.

Is there any chance that you would do a different version with 3 dlls: Mono (1-1), Stereo (2-2) and SC (2-4)?

I mean, keep the normal plugin as it is now but do another one with different dlls for old hosts.
I can't afford the extra coding and testing time to support these out of date hosts, but once I have launched the plugin as is I will be in a much better position to do such work. For now please don't buy The Glue if the trial version doesn't work in your host of your choice.

There is another solution, and that is to use a "wrapper" host like plogue or engergy xt v1 which can host The Glue properly and then load them as vsts in the host that doesn't, like Wavelab 4 and Logic 5.

Andrew Simper
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Ok, I'll try to look for a workaround with the demo in those.
Thanks.
Old 23rd April 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I've just had my order for developer hardware processed by digidesign and will receive my hardware in under 5 working days. I will aim for an Rtas beta for everyone to try out by Friday 8th May

Andrew Simper
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Excellent.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Superb!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just wanted to say how impressive this plug-in has sounded in the older demos posted here. I am getting my GSSL on Monday and have downloaded the trial version of Glue to use as part of a 3-way shootout between Waves SSL, The Glue and the GSSL. Can't wait!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Great, I'd be interested to know your results.

Are you are going to play a loop out your computer and process with the analog unit and record the results? If so it might be a good idea to record a loopback version of the audio where you just connect a cable from output to input and use that as the source material for the plugins. This way you should get a closer comparison.

What would be better again is to track the audio live both through the analog and dry into the computer, but I understand this might not be possible.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
I've just had my order for developer hardware processed by digidesign and will receive my hardware in under 5 working days. I will aim for an Rtas beta for everyone to try out by Friday 8th May

Andrew Simper
Great news.

G
Old 26th April 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
i click on purchase and it takes me to your web site but i dont see where i can buy it......also can it be installed on both our studio computers?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
ok....i found it
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalson ➑️
ok....i found it
Where???
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiz7 ➑️
Where???
There's an email address on the site where you can send money to via paypal. That's the way I did it. Great plugin!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Those demo clips on the electronic tracks sound almost too good to be true.

I'm downloading the demo now tho...ha
Old 27th April 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
And the RTAS is coming up the road sooooon.

G
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorg ➑️
Those demo clips on the electronic tracks sound almost too good to be true.

I'm downloading the demo now tho...ha
Where would I find those clips?

Thanks!
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi ➑️
Where would I find those clips?

Thanks!
Index of /AudioExamples/TheGlue

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks again Brother!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I haven't got much experience with master bus compression, but
I tried out the Glue on some stuff I'm working on and am I correct that it does all kinds of (nice) things to the stereo image? Somehow the sides of the mix sound clearer and more defined? Am I imagining stuff???
πŸ“ Reply