Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 13 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 3rd April 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I had a great meeting with someone from Steinberg today at Messe, and I'm all set to join their third party developer team. It will take a little while to be posted out the developer kit, but after I get it I'll be able to fix the needle update and crashing bugs in Cubase.

I also met up with some people from Presonus/Kristallabs, and their new daw Studio One looks great, non bloated and elegant, so I've organized to do an nfr swap to make sure The Glue works with that as well since it supports external sidechaining really easily.

I'm meeting up with Motu tomorrow and hopefully all will go well their too to organize a developer copy of dp5/6.

All up it's been a great Messe so far, I am really looking forward to getting the Rtas version done as well, and to have all version shipping Iwell downloading) without any known issues in all major hosts.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst ➑️
I'm totally digging the new version too. I could never bring myself to buying any more waves plugs. Especially the SSL bundle. This is going to be my "go to" ITB bus comp until I buy an Alan Smart C2. heh
Good to hear you are liking the new version! I'm sure you're going to love the C2, from what everyone has said it's a great sounding compressor and you'll get loads of use from it.

I really hope that through writing The Glue a wider audience of daw users will get a taste for what analog has to offer, and once they can afford the extra expense, to go out and get themselves a slice of analog magic.

Andrew Simper
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I am trying 1.0.10 with DP 6.02 and at this time all is fine
Great work Andrew
All the best !
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️

I really hope that through writing The Glue a wider audience of daw users will get a taste for what analog has to offer, and once they can afford the extra expense, to go out and get themselves a slice of analog magic.

Andrew Simper
I actually have the dough but couldn't hear enuff a difference to spend it. YMMV.
Old 6th April 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm testing 1.0.10 with CubaseSX3.1.1.944 Mac OSX 10.4.11 on G5 dual 2GHz. It crashes everytime I try to load it on mono channel, after trial version message. Is anyone else having this problem?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yutaka ➑️
I'm testing 1.0.10 with CubaseSX3.1.1.944 Mac OSX 10.4.11 on G5 dual 2GHz. It crashes everytime I try to load it on mono channel, after trial version message. Is anyone else having this problem?
Please check the information here Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info regarding the mono version, ie that there is not one at the moment.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Doh! I thought it would work in mono channel because most VST plugins do...

Will you be making one?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yutaka ➑️
Doh! I thought it would work in mono channel because most VST plugins do...

Will you be making one?
Yes there will be a mono version in the final release. I changed it recently to only support 4-in 2-out operation to fix some external sidechain issues people were having in Cubase, but this same fix seems to make it crash in mono mode. I will be receiving developer copies of all Steinberg software shortly and will be able to fix all these issues.

Andrew Simper
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Andy, are you going to make a version of 2 inputs and 2 output (without SC) to have compatibility with older hosts (wavelab 4, logic 5.5)?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrow ➑️
Andy, are you going to make a version of 2 inputs and 2 output (without SC) to have compatibility with older hosts (wavelab 4, logic 5.5)?
I am looking into the possibility of have a single plugin on disk that reports to hosts all the different i/o configs. If that happens I will support all of the following: 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 4-2, or more accurately from a number of channels per bus point of view: 1-1, 1;1-1, 2;2, 2;2-2, where ; delineates the number of inputs per bus so 2;2-2 means 2 stereo input busses and one stereo output bus.

If these old hosts can handle enumerating different input and output combinations like this then it will work.

Till there is a fully working version of The Glue Trial that works as you expect in your chosen hosts I recommend not buying it.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia ➑️
I actually have the dough but couldn't hear enuff a difference to spend it. YMMV.
Between something like the C2 and the Glue?
Old 9th April 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Any update on the RTAS front ? I still haven't been able to try it out yet
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm100eb ➑️
Any update on the RTAS front ? I still haven't been able to try it out yet
I have been signed up to the digidesign developer programme, but I am still waiting on my developer hardware to arrive. Once it arrives it should only be a matter of weeks to get an RTAS version done, since I already have the code via the Juce framework to create an RTAS plugin. I cannot give any firmer dates than that since I have no control of the arrival of the hardware.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

Any Demo to download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➑️
I

AM

DEFINITELY

BUYING

THIS

KILLA'

PLUGIN

Cor Blimey Gov - so bloomin' cheap too!
Old 10th April 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Here ya go:

Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info

Andrew Simper
Old 10th April 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
[B]
Hi Andy

I downloded the demo version and diggin it a lot!

Question: Have you noticed anything weird with the plugin when used on Logic 8.02? On my new session it worked fine for start and suddenly there was no audio & activity on meters. After removing the plugin from channel audio was back but 15 min from that I put the plugin to master bus and the whole session stopped playing any sounds & notes and the meters were dead.

Could this be because of the beta version, or is it just the Logic/something else? Other session without The Glue play normally.

Thanks,
Jaakko
Old 11th April 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Are you using any other plugins at all? If you are just using inbuilt logic plugins there should be no problems. There will be problems if you are using another plugin written using the Juce framework like I am, since there is a bug in the framework code which means that you can only run one "Juce" plugin at a time.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
There is a new version of The Glue up which should fix everyones trouble with Cubase 5 and niggling trouble like the one posted above due to collisions with other plugins written using Juce:

Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info

Andrew Simper
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
hey...is there any way to try the demo on the latest build my demo expired....but that was the first one??????
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalson ➑️
hey...is there any way to try the demo on the latest build my demo expired....but that was the first one??????
Yes there is. Please email support atsign cytomic dotsign com and I'll let you know how to reset it to get one more week.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Is there a email sign up to know when it's done? It looks great, but I don't want to get hooked until it's done and I have the money.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Are you using any other plugins at all? If you are just using inbuilt logic plugins there should be no problems. There will be problems if you are using another plugin written using the Juce framework like I am, since there is a bug in the framework code which means that you can only run one "Juce" plugin at a time.

Andrew Simper
Alright that might be it, IΒ΄m using lot of other non-Logic AU plugins at the same time.

Jaakko
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jikkyboy11 ➑️
Is there a email sign up to know when it's done? It looks great, but I don't want to get hooked until it's done and I have the money.
I'm still getting the final web page in order so there should be an email sign up soon, but I will post to this thread as well once it's all ready and the last of the know issues are fixed.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaakkol ➑️
Alright that might be it, IΒ΄m using lot of other non-Logic AU plugins at the same time.
Jaakko
The latest version 1.0.11 will hopefully work with other Juce plugins. I have done what is suggested on the Juce forum to fix the issue. I would appreciate if you could please let me know if it works for you.

Andrew Simper
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Hey,

Trying to get The Glue running in Wavbelab...Keep getting a Error, "The Glue can't handle required number of input channels"..Only using two.

Love this in Cubase though...will be purchasing if i can just run it in Wavelab for mastering....
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I support 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 4-2 so it will be a problem with Wavelab. Can you please let me know the version you are using? I'm yet to receive the full developer pack from Steinberg, so as soon as I do I will be able to double check what is going on, but getting it working could well be a case of Steinberg updating Wavelab.

Andrew Simper
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I support 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 4-2 so it will be a problem with Wavelab. Can you please let me know the version you are using? I'm yet to receive the full developer pack from Steinberg, so as soon as I do I will be able to double check what is going on, but getting it working could well be a case of Steinberg updating Wavelab.

Andrew Simper
Hey Andy,

Wavelab 5...Man this plug sounds nice. Been using Ren, Comp., UAD-1 Fairchild etc.

Total different beast, very nice.

Anyway sure would be sweet man, keep us posted???
ukm
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Version 1.0.11 works fine with Cubase5 and WaveLab6 for me (tested only on 2in-2out configuration).
The only issue in WaveLab is that I can't save presets since WaveLab still maintains the focus as already mentioned above. Thats not a big thing since I can save the current state of The Glue with MasterPresets in WaveLab.

ukm
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Thanks for that info ukm. Once I receive my developer pack from Steinberg I should be able to fix the focus problem in Wavelab 6.

Andrew Simper
Old 12th April 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukm ➑️
Version 1.0.11 works fine with Cubase5 and WaveLab6 for me (tested only on 2in-2out configuration).
The only issue in WaveLab is that I can't save presets since WaveLab still maintains the focus as already mentioned above. Thats not a big thing since I can save the current state of The Glue with MasterPresets in WaveLab.

ukm
ukm,

Can you tell me how to set WL to this 2in-2out setting??? I've looked in ...Preferences >Audio Card, etc.

Thanks
πŸ“ Reply