The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 20th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Uh, I might buy this. It really "glues", doing a mix with it right now and like how it sticks the mix. Better than the SSL Comp tto me already. SSL reacts funny with the Ratio. 2:1 hit hard.

Can we have RTAS PLEASE?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Pretty Please!!! I you had an RTAS version I would buy it in a heartbeat!thumbsup
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
My hands are still tied on the Rtas front at the moment sorry. I have had someone from the digi testing team want one too, but I have had to deny even him since I am not allowed to release an Rtas version till I get the sdk and sign all the legal stuff from Digidesign. I will let this thread know as soon as there is an Rtas build ready to test.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Andy, you are doing an admirable job of gracefully tolerating some pretty irksome whining. My hat is off to you, sir.

- c
Old 21st March 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
My hands are still tied on the Rtas front at the moment sorry. I have had someone from the digi testing team want one too, but I have had to deny even him since I am not allowed to release an Rtas version till I get the sdk and sign all the legal stuff from Digidesign. I will let this thread know as soon as there is an Rtas build ready to test.

Andrew Simper
Thanks Andy!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Pardon my ignorance, but is this available for full purchase now?
Noticing the BETA, but not sure if there's a full version. Think I'm ready to buy. That darn glue got me stuck to buying it.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnMix Studio ➑️
Pardon my ignorance, but is this available for full purchase now?
Noticing the BETA, but not sure if there's a full version. Think I'm ready to buy. That darn glue got me stuck to buying it.
It's still in beta only at the moment. The first round of bug fixes is just about to surface. Please check out the Trial version, and if you have no troubles with that then you can be confident that the full beta will behave the same way but allow you to load settings as well as not having a timeout. More info can be found here:

Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info

Andrew Simper
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
It's still in beta only at the moment. The first round of bug fixes is just about to surface. Please check out the Trial version, and if you have no troubles with that then you can be confident that the full beta will behave the same way but allow you to load settings as well as not having a timeout. More info can be found here:

Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info

Andrew Simper
Oh ok, Thanks. I actually tried the BETA and loving it. Thats why I was ready to buy NOW. I'll wait for the full.
It crash a couple of times but those are based on the known issue listed so I guess it will be fixed in the full version.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnMix Studio ➑️
Oh ok, Thanks. I actually tried the BETA and loving it. Thats why I was ready to buy NOW. I'll wait for the full.
It crash a couple of times but those are based on the known issue listed so I guess it will be fixed in the full version.
Hopefully this first round of bux fixes will be enough for you, please check out the 1.0.8 which will be available for download tomorrow.

Andrew simper
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➑️
Andy, you are doing an admirable job of gracefully tolerating some pretty irksome whining. My hat is off to you, sir.

- c
Agreed ! Picked up my copy, couldn't be happier . Keep up the good work !

. . . ok , well a mono version would be the icing on the cake

Last edited by Synergy Media; 21st March 2009 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: mmmm mono
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Very nice plug. A waves ssl comp replacement for those who dont have or want waves. Would love an option to soften up the high end like waves/duende. Havent read the entire 10 pages of this thread but what does the "range" dial do?
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
it sounds a bit muffly / cloudy, I dont remember the waves ssl sounding like this at all. I mean it does work, just wish theirs was a way to bypass that extra eq it adds on.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by prene1 ➑️
it sounds a bit muffly / cloudy, I dont remember the waves ssl sounding like this at all. I mean it does work, just wish theirs was a way to bypass that extra eq it adds on.

I don't see what you mean at all....I think it sounds great.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wish I could try it, but having it installed doesn't allow me to open Cubase. Most likely system specific, but still, I've never seen this happen with any other plug. Weird.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobymusic ➑️
BTW, the "range" feature is brilliant. The only plug-in i have that does that is the Eventide Omnipressor. On hardware, the Elysia Mpressor has that feature too. Very, very useful feature on a bus compressor.

Toby
The Flux plugs have a range param. too, and they were first
Old 22nd March 2009 | Show parent
GnS
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Is there a chance of getting a iLok licence for this thing? I'm travelling around often and need my plugin licences with me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnS ➑️
Is there a chance of getting a iLok licence for this thing? I'm travelling around often and need my plugin licences with me.
Yeah, 2nd that... iLok license would be nice!
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Are you kidding??
I am soo happy that Andrew uses no dongle or challenge/response or such stuff. You get the plugin directly from him and youΒ΄re done. thumbsup
GnS
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
And what do you do when you often have to change your production machines? travellin' from studio to studio without a dongle is not possible with a serial registered plugin.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
And what do you do when you often have to change your production machines? travellin' from studio to studio without a dongle is not possible with a serial registered plugin.
You can have your copy of the glue on a usb key, and point your host to that custom folder to load the plugin, if your host supports that, which live does, and so do quite a few others.

Andrew Simper
Old 23rd March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
What???

Of course it is. Just have the serial number with you (or in this case, just your personal .dll file). Install when you start, uninstall when you leave. That's the GREAT part about not having any pesky copy protection.

Or, as andy points out, just have a VST directory on a USB stick, and point to that from your host.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
So, is there anybody over at digidesign that we can send a "strongly worded" letter to, in order to get this RTAS thing rolling ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm100eb ➑️
So, is there anybody over at digidesign that we can send a "strongly worded" letter to, in order to get this RTAS thing rolling ?
Plus 1 on that!
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi ➑️
Plus 1 on that!
I've started a thread here: https://gearspace.com/board/geekslut...e-cytomic.html

Please post there to show you are interested in an RTAS version, that way I can post a link to the thread the person I am in contact with at Digidesign to give them some encouragment.

Thanks!

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
^^Thanks Andy... I posted^^
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
The 1.0.8 Trial is ready, this should hopefully fix any issues Logic 8 users have been having: Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info

Andrew Simper
Old 24th March 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Sorry if this was posted already. Is there going to be a mono version? Pretty mandatory for otb mixers.

Just tried it on my monitors today for the first time. Love it on drums, very happy with the purchase.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I tried out the Glue demo, The Rocket and my Sonalksis SV315 on the 2 buss on a club mix i was working on. I really couldnt tell which one i thought was better. They all had a beneficial outcome. Ive got the Sonalksis and Rocket already, so not sure if i need the Glue. How do you others think it compares to these?
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The 1.0.8 Trial is ready, this should hopefully fix any issues Logic 8 users have been having: Cytomic: The Glue Beta Info

Andrew Simper

Hey Andy - you've got a typo here: (in 1.0.8)

"not for commerical use".
πŸ“ Reply