Mixing at 44.1, Mixdown at 88.2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mixing at 44.1, Mixdown at 88.2
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Mixing at 44.1, Mixdown at 88.2

Hello everybody!

A long discussion has been going on here regarding samplerates, and basically I wanted to try a higher rate (88.2) for the mixdown, so the PlugIns I use work at this higher rate.
Problem is: I can't mix the whole time at this high Rate, because my CPU overloads in a busy Mix.
Is it possible to work at 44.1 (or 48) and put the higher Samplerate in charge when it comes to the mixdown? I mean, yeah, tecnically it works, but can I trust the result to be what I heard while mixing, just "better" (probably)?

Thanks in advance for any idea on this,

Fishmac
Old 6th February 2009
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
You can buy a new Dell 2 Quad computer from Dell for $1,000. Best thing you will ever do to be able to use all the plug ins you want. I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but it's the best answer.
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thanks for your reply!

..but...weird thing is... i have a quadcore (q6600), and still...
I'm using a Delta PCI Card and the CPU-Usage doubles with the Sample-Rate (guess that's pretty normal).
Maybe I should try to mix with less PlugIns...
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World ➡️
You can buy a new Dell 2 Quad computer from Dell for $1,000. Best thing you will ever do to be able to use all the plug ins you want. I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but it's the best answer.
I went this route, never looked back. can record at 88.2 / 24 all day long and not have to worry about cpu. my computer was $350 though. Hint: check out the refurbs on the dell site
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…