Quantcast
FL Studio w/ Intel Mac on Bootcamp - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FL Studio w/ Intel Mac on Bootcamp
Old 6th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
FL Studio w/ Intel Mac on Bootcamp

i currently use a pc for all my audio apps use and so on. i have always wanted to experience and use logic, or any other mac related things at that. i figured why not get a mac if i can run all my windows based apps on bootcamp and i can use any mac based apps on the osx. the trouble im having is choosing a pc that fits right for me. to run fl studio on bootcamp it requires a intel based mac. i dont want a imac or macbook because there not expandable enough far as ports, and i dont see myself purchasing a mac pro. i was looking at the powermac g5's but there not intel based. can you place a intel processor in a g5? i have a pci m-audio card as of now but i would be switching to the m-audio profire 610 firewire based interface. i also wanted to know if all the vsti would be applicable on a windows on bootcamp, such as omnisphere, kore player, ect. i cant see myself getting a imac with only so many ports on it, but i would love the 24" screen, and i dont think i would wanna use a macbook with a 13" screen since im use to using flat panels 22" or bigger. or possibly just get a macbook for my apple/mac music app needs as a seperate workstation, i think they have dvi outputs on them no? for another external monitor hook up? im looking to spend around 1000 for a used mac machine if i use it as a all in one machine. but if i decide to purchase a seperate machine that will only be running music apps, i dont think i will have to pay as much spec wise to run what i want to. any suggestions or advice? thanks.
Old 12th February 2009
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I would recommend that you wait for now. I contacted fl guys before and they told me they don't guarantee that fl will work fine on mac. I have a friend and he is using fl with mac by using bootcamp and everything is fine. However, I tried it myself! I have fl and sonar. I bought mac pro. I thought everything would work well. But it didn't. it crashes very often.

Even at my university, in the mac labs, they installed windows on them. They are experiencing a lot of problems too.
Old 12th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
MacPro here. Running PT both on Mac and PC (Bottcamp) with tons of plugs and Virtual Instruments. I'm only using the PC side of things because I can't let go of Fruity Loops for drum programming. Works better than it did on my souped up Dell.
📝 Reply