Quantcast
Rewire Reason 4 to Acid Pro 7 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rewire Reason 4 to Acid Pro 7
Old 6th February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Rewire Reason 4 to Acid Pro 7

Hey, i'm trying to rewire reason 4 and acid pro 7 and im getting some trouble. I have read all the tutorials but still can't seem to make it work, it's making me frustrated as hell! 4 days of this crap! lol

I open acid and insert softsynth rewire patch reason

Reason opens and i set my devices up to the proper channels in the reason audio device

I then insert a midi track in acid

Now i have sound coming thru the softsynth tracks in the mixer which go straight to the master but no sound coming thru the midi track.

WTF, i have played with different i/o settings on the midi track but still no luck. What i want to do is two things, 1. record into acid with reasons synths as a midi softsynth 2. import previous works from reason into acid with the tracks seperated (ie: redrum-track1, combinator-track2 so on and so on)

Thanks for the help ya'll i need it!
Old 7th February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
?

Anybody?
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I think you want to use an audio track in Acid, not a MIDI track, as you want the sound of the Reason synths..... To get the MIDI data from Reason to Acid, in Reason do "export MIDI file..." (in the file menu).
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
You don't want a midi track in Acid....You want to use the midi sequencer in Reason.

Track your midi in Reason....and leave it there.....using Rewire then, all you are doing is using Acid as an audio engine for all the devices you have set up in Reason
Old 7th December 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Solution: GET RID OF ACID PRO! Use a real program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacksmwa โžก๏ธ
Hey, i'm trying to rewire reason 4 and acid pro 7 and im getting some trouble. I have read all the tutorials but still can't seem to make it work, it's making me frustrated as hell! 4 days of this crap! lol

I open acid and insert softsynth rewire patch reason

Reason opens and i set my devices up to the proper channels in the reason audio device

I then insert a midi track in acid

Now i have sound coming thru the softsynth tracks in the mixer which go straight to the master but no sound coming thru the midi track.

WTF, i have played with different i/o settings on the midi track but still no luck. What i want to do is two things, 1. record into acid with reasons synths as a midi softsynth 2. import previous works from reason into acid with the tracks seperated (ie: redrum-track1, combinator-track2 so on and so on)

Thanks for the help ya'll i need it!
๐Ÿ“ Reply