Logic Pro 7.2 update from Torrent. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro 7.2 update from Torrent.
Old 4th February 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Logic Pro 7.2 update from Torrent.

WAIT!!!!! Don't kill me!
Logic 7 run on an XS Key dongle, so obviously i'm not running cracked/torrent software.

Apple wont sell the Logic 7.1>>7.2 update cd anymore and i can't find it on ebay either. So if i want to run the latest version of 7, what choice do i have ? Also if i upgrade to an Intel Mac and dont wanna get Logic 8 yet, what choice do i have.
So i came here asking for ur suggestion.
The 7.2 update dmg is available on torrent sites if u search on Google.
Would u get it from there if u were in my position ?
If Apple isnt selling it anymore, they should have put it up for Download for those who are still on Logic 7. We have paid a huge amounts for updates , why would they just stop supporting us like this ?

Gimme advice, or gimme ur 7.2 dmg!!
Cheers
F
Old 4th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Well,

I will not kill you - some points:

1) this was a payed update - so not sure it would be legal just because you have a dongle

2) I went directly to 7.2 - so I do not know if people got a new code/license for the donge - coming from 6 I definitely had to.

3) take care of torrent stuff lately - lost of viruses for macs! (google Torrent and iWorks or Photoshop CS4)

your options ... not too good - if you have a good support guy at Apple email him. keep your eyes open on boards and ebay ...

Any specific reason you do not want to go Logic 8?

hope that helps

best
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Well, i'm on a Dual 2.3 G5. Logic 7 works really well for me. I was a little weary of getting into the new interface and wanted to upgrade to Logic 8 when i upgrade my machine. My G5 may be a tad slow for Logic 8, sluggish ??

Should i just dive in ??
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I was on a G5 Dual 1.8. When going to Logic 8, the biggest problem were slow screen redraws. User interface seemed slow compared to 7.2. That was a real problem for me, especially when combing and editing huge amount of vocal takes.

Then I got a Macbook Pro 2.4 (April 2008) and that works great with Logic 8.

Not exactly sure what the problem is with the G5. You might have a different experience with a faster G5 (2.7 or 2.5 Quad). Perhaps it's the graphics card. Or the Power PC architecture. I would think that Logic 8 / Logic Studio has mainly been optimized for Intel Chips.

Hope that helps,
Marc
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Exactly Marc.

I don't think L8 is optimized for PPC.
Sluggish behaviour is annoying.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by navitus ➑️
Well, i'm on a Dual 2.3 G5. Logic 7 works really well for me. I was a little weary of getting into the new interface and wanted to upgrade to Logic 8 when i upgrade my machine. My G5 may be a tad slow for Logic 8, sluggish ??

Should i just dive in ??
Lagerfeldt is running the same computer with Logic 8 ....

Logic Pro 8 with a G5?
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…