Public Service Announcement - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Public Service Announcement
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Public Service Announcement

Can we please get things a little neater around here?? This site used to be a lot more concise. A lot of the rooms on this site are becoming too cluttered to be of any use. anyway...hate me if you want to, but I can't stand chaos. Here are some music computer ideas.

Pet peeve number 1. Before posting your problem make sure you are running the right freaking software versions!!! For example, If you upgrade to leopard from tiger, check all of your plugin versions and make sure you are up to date. Also, if a program is not currently supported by a newer version of a host application or operating system, don't post wondering why your system is not working properly. (think OSX 10.5.6) Doing your own research is only going to result in better trouble shooting skills so don't be lazy.

Pet peeve number 2. Do not post a problem without posting all software and hardware versions and models. Certain problems are combination specific and without all the details its like taking shots in the dark. I suggest keeping your signature up to date with your current gear and software including version numbers etc...

Pet peeve number 3. If you are going to jump on a major software release like Protools 8, do not expect things to go smoothly. You cannot count on these companies to deliver bug free releases and if you are a professional you need to be shooting for stability rather then the latest and greatest.

Pet peeve number 4. Do a search or observe the threads that have already been started. How many times can someone ask about a MacPro hard drive?? If it isn't a unique problem or situation, read or add to an older thread.
Old 3rd February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Smile

Hi !

I agree, it makes a lot of sense to do a research before you post your issue. Most likely somebody already encountered the same problem. So, it's faster to find a solution from somebody who already posted similar thread before and got all the answers , rather than posting redundant threads.
Always post the details of your configuration.

But !
I have to say , I'd encourage people to try new stuff ! New releases, new software, plugins cross versions and so on, that's why we are here.
Of course it won't go smoothly but that's the point, to find the bugs and specific problems, notify the community of possible bugs and trouble and the software developers to focus on fixing them.

Have a great day !
📝 Reply