Yet Another Laptop Doubt.. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yet Another Laptop Doubt..
Old 2nd February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Arrow Yet Another Laptop Doubt..

First of all, hello everyone!!

I would like to ask all the pros what u think of the VAIO VGN-CS11S/W?

I really think its a great machine and it will probably run all apps i use with no prblem, BTW i use Ableton rewired with Reason 4, VST's like Rob Papen Blue & Predator, Guitar Rig and a couple of mastering vst's..

What i would like to ask is if the Firewire is TI Chipset? Cause i can't find that info anywhere....

This question main purpose is because i will most certainly buy a Korg Zero 8 as soon as they release a "trouble free" update unit and i will link it via Firewire...
I don't understand much but for what i have read here, TI Chipset is recomended...

As it will be my first laptop i may not be choosing right so if u have any alternatives to this one in the same price range i will definitly thank u for them!

Oh... and i will remain on a PC platform... its a place where i feel very comfortable with my work flow....

Thanks for time lost here....
Old 3rd February 2009
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I like the Toshibas better. If you want to know what the firewire chip is go to the store and look in the device manger for it.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Yes i know... but living in Coimbra, Portugal , unfortunately it's not easy to find the notebook, i haven't found one in stores yet... only on the internet...
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Well, for anyone who might be interested i found out that the Firewire Chipset on this baby is Ricoh...
And also on the 21....

I sincerely hope this wont represent a problem.. have to fiind a way to test it out...
๐Ÿ“ Reply