Quantcast
Graphics card recommendations - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Graphics card recommendations
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Graphics card recommendations

Any thoughts on a reliable dual monitor AGP card for a pentium 4 3.2 / XP home running Cubase SX3 .
Please don't recommend new computers etc - the P4 is working well.
Cheers, Ross
Old 2nd February 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Well the newest agp card is the ATI 3850. However if you're not going to do any gaming/3D work I'd go for Matrox which can be had for a song at this point.

G400/G400 Max, Parhelia, G450,G550 will all do you - or their newer agp cards which are derivatives of the original Parhelia. Just make sure Cubase supports them. If you need dual dvi I think you're limited to some G550 and newer cards. Matrox has always had the best 2D quality with ATI second.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog ➡️
I am using the ati 3850/agp.it has dual outs and works very well w/ nuendo 3.2.1.
make sure you get the agp hotfix drivers from ati if you go this route,other than that ,rock solid.
I've had ATI agp cards in the past and their drivers absolutely suck ballz! I would try and find an NVIDIA card if you can but then again AGP cards are getting harder to find these days.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I've never ever had a problem with the ATI Radeon drivers for 2D applications like we're talking about. You *are* supposed to uninstall the entirety of the old drivers first before installing with ATI's drivers though. That's often where people mess up.
📝 Reply