Quantcast
Apogee Duet on a new MacBook Pro with Firewire 800-400 converter?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee Duet on a new MacBook Pro with Firewire 800-400 converter??
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Apogee Duet on a new MacBook Pro with Firewire 800-400 converter??

Could I successfully use one of these adapters with an Apogee Duet on a new MacBook Pro?

Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter - BeBits.co.uk

Cheers guys thumbsup
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Yes. FW800 is fully backwards compatible with FW400.
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Thanks for the quick response!
Old 17th November 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
DO NOT BUY FROM BEBITS they stole my money and went AWOL

I post this in the hope that no-one else makes my mistake. I bought a number of items from Bebits a couple of months ago. They forgot to include the full order the first time around, but after a couple of emails the last bits arrived. I then had to send a couple of items back as one had a misleading description and was incompatible with my setup whilst the other was a non-functioning keyboard. They sent me a returns number and I sent the items back about a month and a half ago.

Since then, I've been sending messages trying to find out when I can expect my refund (approximately ยฃ200) and have heard nothing. I've phoned their phone number (which no-one ever answers at any time of day), I've emailed all email addresses of theirs I can find and used the form on the site. I even resorted to finding the names of those in the company (directors Andre Mouton and Todd Harding) and sending them messages through Linkedin. Still I have no response.

Avoid this company at all costs!
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I don't know if they're still doing it, but when FW400 disappeared from the Apple line, Apogee offered a free FW800 to FW400 cable for all registered users of their FireWire products. I believe they now include the cable with new units.
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
No need to purchase an adapter, we supply both a 400 to 800 and the standard 400 to 400 FireWire cable in with Duet and Ensemble.
If you already own Duet, and purchased it after October 1, 2008, call our support center and they will send you a cable for free.

Chris Lawson
Apogee Electronics
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…