Quantcast
PCI-e vs. PCI-e 2.0 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PCI-e vs. PCI-e 2.0
Old 31st January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
PCI-e vs. PCI-e 2.0

The graphix card I have is a pci-e but this motherboard syas it has a pci-e 2.0 , which I dont know anything about.

ASUS P5Q Pro Socket 775 Mainboard P45 CORE 2 DUO QUAD - eBay (item 290291496216 end time Feb-03-09 04:07:30 PST)

Will my graphix card still work in the pci-e 2.0 or do I have to worry about ANOTHER incompatability issue?

Also Im assuming the blue connector is the PCI-e 2.0 so is the black one standard PCI-e?
Old 31st January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sorry two more.

1.What are the little white slots for?

2.And as far as the 8 phase power,does this require a new kind of power supply or MB power supply connector, or will my current power supply be fine?
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
pci-e 2.0 16x/8x is compatible with all (from 1.0 to 2.0)pci-e 16x/8x graphics cards. it´s the same slot but faster connected internally.

those short pci-e slots are 1x or 4x slots, for firewire-cards, usb-cards, and stuff like that.

you´ll only need a psu with a 20-pin main-connector and a (4-pin) P4-connector, with 360W or up. for absolute stability and future graphics-cards it should have a 24-pin main-connector, a (8-pin) EPS-12V-connector and 500W - 600W.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…