Quantcast
LATENCY issues going QL Pianos on PC to P Tools LE on Mac - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LATENCY issues going QL Pianos on PC to P Tools LE on Mac
Old 31st January 2009
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
LATENCY issues going QL Pianos on PC to P Tools LE on Mac

I'm still trying to figure out how to get Quantum Leap Pianos running on a pc into Pro Tools LE on my Mac G5. We have to go out SPDF since my ADAT port on the digi002 is already taken up by my Apogee AD16X. One question is latency. Exactly how much would there be? Does anyone think that amount would be noticeable and effect my ability to perform? At first we were going to go with RME Hammerfall audio card for lowest latency but I need to perform live as well and thus need an audio card with an analog out function (unless most PA systems offer SPDF in?) What is the best available for this while at the same time affording the lowest latency for digital out? Do I have to move my Pianos track in P Tools after recording every time to get everything to be in time? (I assume, though I can't hear it, that there has to be some latency just within pro tools, so how does that factor in? I don't even know how to calculate this stuff precisely.)Very, very frustrated by all this and would appreciate any advice!
📝 Reply