Quantcast
TC Electronics Brickwall "disabled" at 88.2 kHz Why? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronics Brickwall "disabled" at 88.2 kHz Why?
Old 31st January 2009
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
TC Electronics Brickwall "disabled" at 88.2 kHz Why?

I can run TC Electronic Brickwall Limiter at 44 kHz. But when I try to run it at 88.2 kHz the plug-in shows up as "disabled." I have my Powercore Compact running on the same firewire bus as my audio interface. I think I may be exceeding the overall bandwidth of the firewire bus. Is putting a new firewire card in a PCI slot and dedicating it to the Powercore Compact likely to solve this problem. I'm running XP and a MOTU 828 mkII for what it's worth. Does anybody have any experience trying to run this plugin at 88.2 kHz or higher? Thanks
Old 31st January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
You have any more Powercore plugs running at the same time? This usually happens when you run out of Powercore processors.

Could be the firewire bus, too, FAIK. Check with TC Support.
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Thanks Javahut. The disabled comes up when I try to launch either Brickwall or VSS reverb. I haven't tried with other plugs. I'm only trying to run one plugin at a time: Brickwall. So I'm going to investigate the firewire buss issues.

I remember reading on a Sonar forum something about XP having a built-in bandwidth limit to firewire that reduces it to half or less of the normal firewire spec. So you're supposed to download some kind of system patch or fix that allows you to get unrestricted firewire bandwidth. I'm going to try a bunch of different stuff and report back.
๐Ÿ“ Reply