🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Leung ➡️
Yes I couldnt agree more.

Nice spin guys.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't think there is any software period that I haven't run into problems with. It's just really hard to make something work for every situation and scenario. It can be tough for companies because no matter what, someone is gonna get screwed over or fall through the cracks. Not that it isn't right for that person to be upset.
Founder

OK time for a break on this.

Anyone with issue follow the threads and get tech support directly from the company who have promised to help.

Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules ➡️
Anyone with issue follow the threads and get tech support directly from the company who have promised to help.

And finally someone with a reasonable attitude.
I had issues with PLAY in the beginning, getting it to work was not the easiest thing. At one point there was a not-showing device driver in the windows register that prevented PLAY to play. No sound. I downloaded a false driver for my audio unit, later installed the correct one. The old driver was never fully removed and prevented PLAY from functioning.
Once that was solved I'm fine with PLAY. I actually love to have my whole collection of EW sounds available in one browser, load these in any combination without switching to another plug to launch a sound.
But yes, without the EW tech support I wouldn't have solved this one and complaining on a forum didn't help much either. Their tech support remained friendly and helpful... I felt like a jerk when it turned out I installed a false driver myself...
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
Jim - Nick's complaints have merit as far as I can tell. As a beta tester, you have to submit your feedback - that's part of the deal. Maybe he took your posts on their forum and blew that situation out of proportion, and maybe it was entirely unrelated to the software you were testing, but his other gripes were legit, no?
Yeah, they have some merit, for example I hadn't submitted the feedback sheet. It was just a coincidence how it all came to light. My posted issues were related to Quantum Leap Pianos Release Version and my questions were legit but, as Doug mentioned, there was a period where the moderators were removing anything that made EW look bad. The fact that my posts were being removed along with many others that I was tracking irritated me the most. I was over it and never raised a stink about the email, I just respectfully asked to be removed from the beta so that I could ask my questions in the forum.

I really do hope the best for EastWest. I know they mean well and are good people so if they just go a little further with customer support I think they will do great, especially since it seems like Play is starting to come around.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianos ➡️
And finally someone with a reasonable attitude.
Suggesting that anyone who's having problems with EW, and talking about it, is "unreasonable?" Jules is merely trying to calm the waters, not censor the crowd. Coming from the EW forum, as you do, this might be unusual activity for a Mod, but censorship is frowned upon here. One of the best ways for manufacturers to improve their products is to listen to their customers. Believe it or not, some people here are actually trying to HELP by pointing out their issues. If the manufacturers choose to brush this feedback under the carpet, so be it. There are plenty of other great choices in this market.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Nothing wrong with talking about problems, is there? It can help geting these nasty frustrations out of the way. And I know how bad it can feel when newly purchased stuff does not work within 2 minutes after tearing the package open.
I was referring to the other line; that it's about time to stop the controversy about a company and start solving things, helping each other.
That said, it still makes sense to contact tech support and go through the expert route.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Just want to chime in real quick - as the starter of this thread, I thought I had entered my last post on it a page or so ago.

I see no problem in calling out a company when you can't get adequate support. However, now that it seems we have more awareness from EW, it just make senses to make use that awareness. To be honest, my feeling is that this particular thread has worn out it's usefulness. Doug's response a while back indicated that he gets the support issues, and is addressing them. That was my main gripe, and I take him at his word that he's on it. I can't see how hammering the issue will improve anything.

I'd personally like to see users bringing more of these tech issues showing up over on Soundsonline's own forum, instead of here. There are a large contingent of happy MAC users over there, and maybe EW's perspective on the performance on other platforms would be enhanced if those issues were consolidated in one place. Doug has promised greater openness, and it's up to the user base to make it possible for him to make good on that.

If something crops up in the future, by all means start another thread. As it stands, gripe was posted, and gripe was addressed. That's the end of that conversation from my point of view. So, Jules has asked a couple of times to let it go, and it wouldn't bother me a bit if this thread were locked at this point.

Closed