Quantcast
iSight experts...mic bleed question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iSight experts...mic bleed question
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
iSight experts...mic bleed question

So I'm using a Digi interface for Input & Output which actually does show up in Sound Preferences, a Mic Pre & SM 57 - records okay but the iSight Mic is still picking up the room & blending it in with the SM 57 sound - even when the iSight Mic is off or muted(I forget). I've checked the iSight Mic by itself and it still records when off...just enough to give you a crummy room sound. Annoying!

What am I doing wrong?
Old 27th January 2009
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I don't have an answer for that, so I'll stand back out of the way -- but if someone posting in this thread has an insight into why the Mac takes backwards pictures (mirror image, as it were) by default, I would love to know.

I have a client who sends me pics from his iMac for inclusion on his website and the first thing I have to do is flip them. It's no big deal but I thought his machine had got mis-set. But then I talked to people and realized that's the default.

I guess I can sort of understand why it would offer a mirror image view (since folks are used to seeing themselves in mirror image? I guess...) But why take/output photos that way? What's the purpose of that?
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Bump?
๐Ÿ“ Reply