Quantcast
cheapest projector for macbook - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
cheapest projector for macbook
Old 26th January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
cheapest projector for macbook

what is the cheapest projetor i can use with my macbook 13.3" penryn 2.4 Ghz c2d w/Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100?

applications?

1. to run Cubase AI 4.x which comes with my yamaha mr816x...
2. to watch DVD movies

I am looking at <$500, if possible, even less.

i am not looking for video quality at all... just compatibility and intelligibility.

thanks,
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Any projector will work, thus the question should be "what's the cheapest projector..."

However, don't buy cheap for that reason alone, for the same reason that most inkjet printers are cheap. They get you to buy cheap but the supplies (ink, bulbs) are freaking EXPENSIVE.

Check out newegg.com and READ THE REVIEWS before you spend anything. Also I believe you want a projector with native resolution @ widescreen so be sure you check that out. Cheers!
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Projector bulbs are expensive as hell in any case. When you buy your projector, keep it working for a couple of days just to be sure your bulb it's not a lemon...

Don't ask me why I know...
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Deleted 86c3d96
I have a projector. I bought it two years ago (Mitsubishi HD1000u). I paid $900 for it new. It is a wonderful 720p native projector, and a great bargain at the time. I am on my second bulb ($300). Yes, that is the real cost. They have a very expensive consumable part. The bulb lasted 18 months.

Projectors also use a lot of electricity and boil off heat. Think about that for a while if you are putting that in a room with your music equipment.

Do not buy a projector that is not at least 720p native. Check the average bulb life. Find out the cost.

Check out ProjectorCentral.com for recommendations. Buy a screen. They aren't that expensive for a manual pull down screen.

Companies are starting to come out with projectors powered with lasers as the light engine. These are using much less electricity, less heat, no consumable parts. Obviously, the ones available now are very cutting edge, but they are the future for projectors.
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
thanks for the warning guys. $200+ / year in lamp replacement does'nt sound like a good idea at all. this idea is shelved stike
๐Ÿ“ Reply