Quantcast
Waves Classic or TC Powercore or Sonnox Elite - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Classic or TC Powercore or Sonnox Elite
Old 25th January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Waves Classic or TC Powercore or Sonnox Elite

I want to buy more plugins. So far I am interested with WAVES Classic, TC Powercore and Sonnox Elite. Unfortunately I can pick only one of them. It is a hard decision since I really like all of them. If you can pick, which one will you get?

I am wondering how far the plug ins can well imitate the analog gear sound since the analog gears are made from electronic circuits, etc and plug ins are made by computer language.

Thank you for your help.
Old 25th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You can get a Native version of the SOnnox elite
Much cheaper than getting a powercore and the powercore versions

It is worth noting if you had a powercore with the Sonnox elite you get the native versions as well.

Anyway I woul dgo the Sonnox route they are superb plugins
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I got the Sonnox native...no regrets, they are great plugins.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I have both the Waves and Sonnox (Native).

If I started all over I'd get the Waves first.. They all have a sound (at least to me). And after that go for the Sonnox bundle. The Sonnox plugs also have a sound, yet more transparent. They're great for more surgical things.

J
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I would go Sonnox as well. As much as I like my Waves SSL stuff, the Sonnox plugins are futureproof.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfree3333 ➑️
I want to buy more plugins. So far I am interested with WAVES Classic, TC Powercore and Sonnox Elite. Unfortunately I can pick only one of them. It is a hard decision since I really like all of them. If you can pick, which one will you get?.
try the demos (waves, sonnox) and see what works for u. skip powercore
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealRoach ➑️
I would go Sonnox as well. As much as I like my Waves SSL stuff, the Sonnox plugins are futureproof.
Curious what you mean with "Sonnox are futureproof " ?

Waves has been around for over 15 years. The original Q10 and L1 are still available .
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
By futureproof I meant that they seem to be modern classics. Everything from the GUI layout, to the sound quality, to the versatility of tones is on point in a small, concentrated package of plugins.

The L1 has been surpassed by the L2, and L3... the Q10 has been joined by LinEQ, RenEQ, the slew of new classic EQs. I think the Sonnox business model is a good one. Make one of each really really well.
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
IMO both Waves and Sonnox are top of the line. I don't think anybody could really tell you which one. You would need to try them for yourself, and depending on what you do, you'll level, etc, you see which one's fit you. The Sonnox plugs are a bit more complex to operate, (especially the comp) but you can do so much with them. I'd go native though and not Powercore unless you are interested in some of TC's other plugs (there are some interesting ones!).
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
waves are like air jordans, sonnox are stansmith , that means a classic , one day the jordan will bored you and the stan smith are future proof (like the previous post said

Sonnox without an hick for serious mixing !

For the waves , the renaissance have been the most serious release , then marketing ....
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

12 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
waves and sonnox. forget powercore.

but i don't really buy the future proof side of it... they can always be better.
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I got all three, but I never use powercore. I'd have a tough time choosing between Waves and Sonnox though. Both essential packs.
πŸ“ Reply