Quantcast
Will PT8 use more CPU to run that PT 7.1??? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Will PT8 use more CPU to run that PT 7.1???
Old 24th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Will PT8 use more CPU to run that PT 7.1???

BACKGROUND: I have been using Pro Tools Le 7.1 on my Macbook with 2ghz processor and 2gb of ram. It has been operating solid and I am satisfied with the amount of power available for the size of sessions I am working on (32 voices). For the last year I have been mixing with some plug-ins that recently became unavailable (long story). Now I need to buy a few more plug-ins to replace the ones I lost. I decided to buy the PSP Mix Pack 2 and some Masseys. I just realize the PSP Mix Pack 2 is only compatible with PT 7.3 and later so I guess its time to upgrade.

My question is:

1.) Does PT8 require more CPU to run then version 7?? I am afraid to upgrade and then not be satisfied with the power I have available. (If the new version of PT is more power hungry. )

I really have to reason to think that PT8 uses more CPU but it crossed my mind so I thought I should ask.

Thanks, Ian

📝 Reply