Logic 8 Synth Help - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic 8 Synth Help
Old 23rd January 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Logic 8 Synth Help

Hey Everyone!

I got Logic Pro 8 a few months ago and honestly, I am BLOWN AWAY by all of the synth engines it comes with! I found some amazing synth tones that I'd really like to use live, which brings me to my question:

I dont want to take my mac on stage with me.. So...
Is there a way that you can save the synth files from some of logics synths to some sort of hard drive that I could connect to and access from a midi keyboard?

Hahaha is this even remotely possible? Or am I dreaming?
Corey
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey.schroeder ➡️
Hey Everyone!

I got Logic Pro 8 a few months ago and honestly, I am BLOWN AWAY by all of the synth engines it comes with! I found some amazing synth tones that I'd really like to use live, which brings me to my question:

I dont want to take my mac on stage with me.. So...
Is there a way that you can save the synth files from some of logics synths to some sort of hard drive that I could connect to and access from a midi keyboard?

Hahaha is this even remotely possible? Or am I dreaming?
Corey

You'll need something that actually runs the applications on stage with you. I.E- Your computer!

However, if you are a Logic/ mac person, the easier way to do this is to run "Mainstage," where you can have all of your favorite synths and their settings saved and ready to go in a live situation.

The Mainstage app comes with Logic.
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
well...you could sample the sounds and put them onto a sampler or a keyboard...but this would take so much time...and you wont have near as much control

just get over your issues and take the mac on stage - everyone is doing it!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…