Quantcast
Quick Swiping drums: Logic wont swipe all tracks - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quick Swiping drums: Logic wont swipe all tracks
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quick Swiping drums: Logic wont swipe all tracks

I've used quick swipe with groups in the past and it has worked well for the most part, but now for some reason the first tom and one of the ambience tracks are suddenly resistent against quick swiping.

I thought it could be that I at one point had forgotten to engage the group and just edited one of the tracks and "confused" Logic in some way, but when I try that again with another track it still follows along the other tracks in the group like it should.

I've tried pretty much anything like restarting logic/the computer, deleting the existing comps and trying to make new ones(the broken tracks don't make new comps like the working tracks in the group neither), and copying them to new tracks and a new group, but the result is still the same.

I'm on an Intel Macbook with OSX 10.5.6 and currently using the built-in headphone out on the Mac.

Anyone got an idea what to do to fix it?
Old 22nd January 2009
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quickswipe is basically too broken to use reliably. Some people have found a few workarounds however the reality is that it's simply not predictable. Why Apple/Emagic hasn't adressed this only goes to show that Mr. Jobs has no vision for pro apps whatsoever. Maybe now that he's taking a leave of absence we might see some improvement on that end. One can only hope......
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I think an update for Logic is long overdue, at least for fixes. Isn't it a long time since 8.0.2 came out?
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…