Quantcast
Programs NOT going to OSX. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Programs NOT going to OSX.
Old 1st April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Programs NOT going to OSX.

Is anyone losing any programs that aren't being ported over that you will sorely miss in OSX? Do you know of any replacements that can fill that void for you?

Sorry if i'm posting a lot of questions but I want to make sure i'm doing the right thing by switching in the near future!
Old 2nd April 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Mostly the freeware apps I use a lot -

Sound App
Thonk
Sound Hack
Mac Pod
Argeïphontes Lyre

I haven't heard one way or the other on any of these, but I doubt that any of them will make it. I'll really miss Sound App and Mac Pod the most. I've heard rumors that BarbaBatch won't make it - I've started using Peak for batch processing. And dammit, I just bought Soft Samplecell over the summer! But I'm really happy with Kontakt now, much more so than with SSC.

-Dave
Old 2nd April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My Oaysys card! Korg will not write new drivers and refuses to release the source code so some one else can.

This bites!

They did this a while back with the 1212 i/o, dropped support. I am not going to buy Korg any more because of this.
Old 2nd April 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Walling1
Sound Hack
Been using it in OSX for almost two years:

SoundHack

Have you written to the writers of all those apps and asked if they will/will not be ported?
Old 3rd April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I don't know if OSX drivers for my Adaptec/Roxio 2940-UW SCSI card is available...

Sound Designer II is certainly not supported

/Mats
Old 9th April 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Opcode's Studio Vision. I learned that program inside and out and refuse to let go of it. I bought an extra internal HD just so I can boot up into OS9 to use it. Even though I own Performer 3.1, I can't bring myself to get into it too deeply. That's the funny thing about software. When you invest a lot of time in the "learning curve" your brain rebels when you are forced to learn something else. At least that's been my experience with sequencing.

David R.: Thanks for the info on the Korg cards. I have the 1212 too so I was wondering about that.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…