Quantcast
Audio Units and plug-in developers - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audio Units and plug-in developers
Old 17th February 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Audio Units and plug-in developers

How do the developers feel about this new standard for Mac? Logic and Performer are supporting it, but what about third party development? Anyone signed on yet? Will a plug be compatible with both Logic and Performer, say? The apparent potential of OSX audio seems pretty cool, if the vendors sign on.

Bear
Old 17th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Check out

www.osxaudio.com and www.audio-units.com for the latest information.

Most developers are fine with Audio Units.

TC Electronics, Waves, Akai, soon Wave and others are coming aboard.

Prosoniq has been the only developer to actually go on record with negativity towards AU.

Currently there seems to be confusion over just what advantages AU have over VST. Perhaps we won't know until more AU enabled programs hit.
Old 23rd January 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Fission ➡️
How do the developers feel about this new standard for Mac? Logic and Performer are supporting it, but what about third party development? Anyone signed on yet? Will a plug be compatible with both Logic and Performer, say? The apparent potential of OSX audio seems pretty cool, if the vendors sign on.

Bear
I use AU exclusevely because i do not see why VST is better. I heared developers are pretty angry about VST 3 because they say it is a mess and Yamaha did not do anything about it.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…