This looks promising - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
This looks promising
Old 7th February 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
This looks promising

http://ardour.sourceforge.net/brochure.pdf

Could be cool and it's almost ready for release.
Old 10th February 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I doubt it

How long have we been hearing about the so called benefits of Open Source.

Musicians don't care about being able to view the source code...we want to make music.

Linux is a great...if you're running Servers. Not so great for day to day Desktop use.

I'd try this if it was cheap but if I was billing out time to clients a proven DAW like Logic that actually works will beat out hype anytime.
Old 10th February 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Of course it's promising!

I didn't bring this to attention simply because it's open source. It promises to be an amazing workstation. And since the developers are actually accessable we can be assured that any bug fixes and features will be implemented quickly. From an audio perspective when you have a workstation that can be unencumbered by OS overhead and therefore can use the majority of the computers power to record, mix and playback high quality audio using 64 bit internal processing I think you have a real winner.
Old 10th February 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Great!

I hope to see it find success. The better the tools the better the music.

I'm not sure I'm buying the reliability aspect being that both XP and Apple now have OS's that are fairly reliable with proven foundations. Running a stable server is one thing but blasting Audio and Video through apps is quite another. Never been a better time to be a recording musician.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…