Quantcast
Killer OSX Applications you can't live without - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Killer OSX Applications you can't live without
Old 14th January 2003
Mindreader

🎧 15 years
Killer OSX Applications you can't live without

For those of you running X, here are the apps I can't do without (and also these apps are worth moving to X for on their own!)

LaunchBar - download this NOW. INSTANT access to any file with two keystrokes. Has to be seen to be believed. Also instant access to your bookmarked web pages, email addresses, contact info and anything else your computer holds all from the keyboard. Awesome.

FruitMenu - Customise all apple menus and contextual menus. Superduper. $7!

Workstrip X - An extra dock which lets you IMMEDIATELY PREVIEW ANY FILE TYPE WITHOUT HAVING TO LAUNCH AN EXTERNAL APP. That means you can immediately hear an aif or mp3 just by touching it, or see a word file without opening word, or see whats in a pdf doc without launching acrobat, or see what is in a picture file (any format), or see the first frame of any movie file, and also PLAY the movie file by touching it. Crazy. No more 'hunt the aiff'.

Virtual Desktop - Let's you have multiple desktops to organise where your windows are open - kind of like screen sets on Logic and Pro Tools but for the Finder!

MacReporter - A dock item that keeps track of news headlines from around the world from newspapers and web pages. Great if you have broadband.

Marine Aquarium - The best screen saver bar none. Ok, its silly. But I love it.

I have all of these things running.

Anyone else have any killer osx apps that they can't live without?
Old 14th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Bev,

Those apps look cool and I will def check them out.

There are three "utility" apps that I think everyone should be aware of (you can find them all on Versiontracker.com):

"Mac Janitor" - Freeware app that runs the daily, weekly, and monthly OSX maintenance scripts (for those of you who don't leave your Mac on 24/7)

"Speed Me Up Pro"- Updates the prebindings so apps launch faster and can access each other more easily.

"Cache Out X"- Freeware that cleans out a lot of the systemwide and internet caches on your machine.

Also, if for some reason any of you OSX users who have Palm Pilots aren't using iSync and iCal you are really missing out.

Total transparency between my desktop and mobile schedules, events, to do lists, etc.... works like a charm and it's free.

Cheers
📝 Reply