The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Abbey Road Brilliance Pack
Old 19th June 2008
  #1
Gear Head
 
Abbey Road's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Abbey Road Brilliance Pack

Hello,

We are pleased to announce that the latest addition to our plug-in series – The Brilliance Pack – is now available from our website.

The Brilliance Pack provides authentic emulations of vintage EMI RS127 and RS135 ‘presence’ EQs, which were key components of the Abbey Road sound during the ‘60s and used on countless famous recordings.

The plug-ins were developed from original EMI circuit schematics, circuit simulation and digital modelling of vintage Abbey Road units, and retain the operation and characteristics of the original hardware.

The plug-ins are compatible with Mac and Windows systems and are available in TDM, RTAS, AU and VST formats. A free 10-day demo is available from Abbey Road Plug-ins

Best regards,
Abbey Road Studios
Old 19th June 2008
  #2
Lives for gear
 
peeder's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Congrats on shipping!
Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
  #3
Gear Addict
Great news! What about the TG Mastering Pack for AU and VST?
Are you also going to sell all the plugins as a bundle?

Best regards
Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
  #4
Gear Head
 
Abbey Road's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Hi markisha,

We've just received the first betas of the AU/VST versions of the Mastering Pack and are now in the testing phase. So all being well, it shouldn't be too long now until they're available.

No plans as of yet to release a bundle i'm afraid.

Hope you enjoy the Brilliance Pack.

best wishes
Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Empty Planet's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Fantastic news!

Thanks!


Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
drumkideric's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Can't wait to try these out!
Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Very exciting!
- c
Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Huh – that's funny, I didn't realize that they were only available since today. I purchased them today and I'm already using them.
Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas G ➑️
... I purchased them today and I'm already using them.

And ?


G
Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon ➑️
And ?


G

And +1
Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
  #11
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon ➑️
And ?


G
Brilliant - my mix sounds now like the Beatles, I mean the Beatles in the box of course :-)

Seriously, my impression was that you can indeed make things more present without sounding harsh or annoying. I used it on vocals – very upfront and intimate, also on too dull toms they've got more bite and reality, freetlessbass – got a better definition and the acoustic guitars got a nice vibey sheen. I think so far the biggest strength of this plugins is that you get a REALLY QUICK result if you know what you want of course. They definitely don't sound digital to me!

Just download and try it! That's the good thing about plugins.
Old 20th June 2008 | Show parent
  #12
Gear Addict
 
ptbarnum's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Thumbs up

these are seriouly magical sounding plug ins. it's really going to help me out.
Old 20th June 2008 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Switchcraft's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
These plugs sound great. the simplest execution of a great plug. It works really well after a TG 2005. That plug darkens a bit and this one brings it back to something even better.
Old 20th June 2008 | Show parent
  #14
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
There's something strange that I've not understand... why is not possible to download the Mastering Pack for PT Mix (6.4.1)? Is the Brilliance Pack usable for PT Mix like the TG 12413/12412/12414? It will be a shame if we're out of this business..
Old 20th June 2008 | Show parent
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Benmrx's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I'm pretty sure that their TG limiter is their only plug that works in 6.4. I was doing some research a while ago regarding the idea of picking up an old Mix+ system, and looked around to see which plugs would be available.
Old 20th June 2008 | Show parent
  #16
Gear Maniac
 
BIG_MYDUS's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Wooooo!!!

LOVE these plug-ins, Love 'em. SOLD!!
Old 20th June 2008 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
piotr's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
!

Got them.

After a few quick voice track applications I can see myself using these quite a bit! Just a lovely treatment on voices, but I am looking forward to trying them out on various sources...

p.
Old 20th June 2008 | Show parent
  #18
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
 
3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I'm like the unique idea for these. I'm about to try the demo now.

-SD
Old 21st June 2008 | Show parent
  #19
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Damn, these plugs are yummy!!!

Nice price too.
Old 21st June 2008 | Show parent
  #20
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx ➑️
I'm pretty sure that their TG limiter is their only plug that works in 6.4.1
Nope man, also the TG Mastering Pack is working perfecty on my Mix Cube rig.. so the only one is the Brilliance Pack.
Old 21st June 2008 | Show parent
  #21
Lives for gear
 
Doc No's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Thumbs up

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

This Plug In rocks on every type of guitar!

SOLD!
Old 21st June 2008 | Show parent
  #22
Lives for gear
 
manthe's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Been demoing for many hours now. These things are little gems, for sure! Simple, simple, simple! They sound extremely 'open/airy' and pure. I've put them up next to all of my 'top' plugin EQs and they held up 'brilliantly' (pun intended).

On a drum bus, the the RS127 Rack added a really nice top end sparkle and openness. Instead of killing the room sound, it actually brought it out a little and added to the depth and dimension by doing so. I guess it is what we generally refer to as 'air'. The 135 worked very well on electric guitar and they all worked wonders on acoustic guitar. They could even be used on the 2Bus without worry! Ultimately, I was able to match them with stuff I already have and I don't know if I could justify the expense right now. But, it definitely took (what I consider) the cream of the crop to rival them. Ultimately, I had to turn to the Duende X-EQ and the UAD Pultec Pro (plus some time tweaking) to match or beat what I was getting out of these plugs.

I'm going to keep working with them until my demo expires. Knowing me, I'll miss the simplicity when they expire and will probably end up with them. Fo anyone who wants nearly instant, 'professional-sounding' results and/or does not have any other higher-end plugin EQs, these things are an absolute no-brainer! I mean, DAMN, they are really good!
Old 22nd June 2008 | Show parent
  #23
Lives for gear
 
jdjustice's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr ➑️
After a few quick voice track applications I can see myself using these quite a bit! Just a lovely treatment on voices, but I am looking forward to trying them out on various sources...
+10. i have only been using these for a couple of hours now but on vocal applications they shine. really almost a magical quality to these plugins...
beautiful work Abbey Road / EMI -- i am seriously impressed.
Old 22nd June 2008 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 
mahasandi's Avatar
 
93 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
ill have to check these out
Old 22nd June 2008 | Show parent
  #25
Lives for gear
 
ddageek's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by manthe ➑️
Been demoing for many hours now. These things are little gems, for sure! Simple, simple, simple! They sound extremely 'open/airy' and pure. I've put them up next to all of my 'top' plugin EQs and they held up 'brilliantly' (pun intended).

On a drum bus, the the RS127 Rack added a really nice top end sparkle and openness. Instead of killing the room sound, it actually brought it out a little and added to the depth and dimension by doing so. I guess it is what we generally refer to as 'air'. The 135 worked very well on electric guitar and they all worked wonders on acoustic guitar. They could even be used on the 2Bus without worry! Ultimately, I was able to match them with stuff I already have and I don't know if I could justify the expense right now. But, it definitely took (what I consider) the cream of the crop to rival them. Ultimately, I had to turn to the Duende X-EQ and the UAD Pultec Pro (plus some time tweaking) to match or beat what I was getting out of these plugs.

I'm going to keep working with them until my demo expires. Knowing me, I'll miss the simplicity when they expire and will probably end up with them. Fo anyone who wants nearly instant, 'professional-sounding' results and/or does not have any other higher-end plugin EQs, these things are an absolute no-brainer! I mean, DAMN, they are really good!
DOH... Isn't that the Idea behind the free damo but ...
DOH Me too!!
Old 22nd June 2008 | Show parent
  #26
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
 
3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I really like them too. Keep up the good work Abbey Road.



-SD
Old 22nd June 2008 | Show parent
  #27
Gear Nut
 
dznyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Brilliant job on these!!
So far, fantastic on Acoustic gtr, Snare, Ovrhds and vox.
Old 22nd June 2008 | Show parent
  #28
Lives for gear
 
Sirocco's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Absolutely worth the weight! Lots of compressors suck the highs out at times -- it is great to have such a excellent reviver of high end!
Old 23rd June 2008 | Show parent
  #29
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
The green box is awesome especially on snare and vox, the other boxes are great also. Keep the good work Wade. Did anyone notice it`s based on technology or algorithms by Softube.
Old 24th June 2008 | Show parent
  #30
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Anybody try them on the 2 buss? How's the CPU load?
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 150 views: 23058
Avatar for cane creek
cane creek 24th February 2009
replies: 15929 views: 1578982
Avatar for Ragan
Ragan 11th January 2019
replies: 59 views: 20308
Avatar for telecode
telecode 23rd November 2020
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump