The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Abbey Road Brilliance Pack
Old 19th June 2008
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Abbey Road Brilliance Pack

Hello,

We are pleased to announce that the latest addition to our plug-in series – The Brilliance Pack – is now available from our website.

The Brilliance Pack provides authentic emulations of vintage EMI RS127 and RS135 ‘presence’ EQs, which were key components of the Abbey Road sound during the ‘60s and used on countless famous recordings.

The plug-ins were developed from original EMI circuit schematics, circuit simulation and digital modelling of vintage Abbey Road units, and retain the operation and characteristics of the original hardware.

The plug-ins are compatible with Mac and Windows systems and are available in TDM, RTAS, AU and VST formats. A free 10-day demo is available from Abbey Road Plug-ins

Best regards,
Abbey Road Studios
Old 19th June 2008
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Congrats on shipping!
Old 19th June 2008 | Show parent
Gear Addict
Great news! What about the TG Mastering Pack for AU and VST?
Are you also going to sell all the plugins as a bundle?

Best regards
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Hi markisha,

We've just received the first betas of the AU/VST versions of the Mastering Pack and are now in the testing phase. So all being well, it shouldn't be too long now until they're available.

No plans as of yet to release a bundle i'm afraid.

Hope you enjoy the Brilliance Pack.

best wishes
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Fantastic news!

Thanks!

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Can't wait to try these out!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Very exciting!
- c
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Huh – that's funny, I didn't realize that they were only available since today. I purchased them today and I'm already using them.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas G ➑️
... I purchased them today and I'm already using them.

And ?

G
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon ➑️
And ?

G

And +1
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon ➑️
And ?

G
Brilliant - my mix sounds now like the Beatles, I mean the Beatles in the box of course :-)

Seriously, my impression was that you can indeed make things more present without sounding harsh or annoying. I used it on vocals – very upfront and intimate, also on too dull toms they've got more bite and reality, freetlessbass – got a better definition and the acoustic guitars got a nice vibey sheen. I think so far the biggest strength of this plugins is that you get a REALLY QUICK result if you know what you want of course. They definitely don't sound digital to me!

Just download and try it! That's the good thing about plugins.
Old 20th June 2008 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Thumbs up

these are seriouly magical sounding plug ins. it's really going to help me out.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
These plugs sound great. the simplest execution of a great plug. It works really well after a TG 2005. That plug darkens a bit and this one brings it back to something even better.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
There's something strange that I've not understand... why is not possible to download the Mastering Pack for PT Mix (6.4.1)? Is the Brilliance Pack usable for PT Mix like the TG 12413/12412/12414? It will be a shame if we're out of this business..
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm pretty sure that their TG limiter is their only plug that works in 6.4. I was doing some research a while ago regarding the idea of picking up an old Mix+ system, and looked around to see which plugs would be available.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Wooooo!!!

LOVE these plug-ins, Love 'em. SOLD!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
!

Got them.

After a few quick voice track applications I can see myself using these quite a bit! Just a lovely treatment on voices, but I am looking forward to trying them out on various sources...

p.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I'm like the unique idea for these. I'm about to try the demo now.

-SD
Old 21st June 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Damn, these plugs are yummy!!!

Nice price too.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx ➑️
I'm pretty sure that their TG limiter is their only plug that works in 6.4.1
Nope man, also the TG Mastering Pack is working perfecty on my Mix Cube rig.. so the only one is the Brilliance Pack.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thumbs up

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

This Plug In rocks on every type of guitar!

SOLD!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Been demoing for many hours now. These things are little gems, for sure! Simple, simple, simple! They sound extremely 'open/airy' and pure. I've put them up next to all of my 'top' plugin EQs and they held up 'brilliantly' (pun intended).

On a drum bus, the the RS127 Rack added a really nice top end sparkle and openness. Instead of killing the room sound, it actually brought it out a little and added to the depth and dimension by doing so. I guess it is what we generally refer to as 'air'. The 135 worked very well on electric guitar and they all worked wonders on acoustic guitar. They could even be used on the 2Bus without worry! Ultimately, I was able to match them with stuff I already have and I don't know if I could justify the expense right now. But, it definitely took (what I consider) the cream of the crop to rival them. Ultimately, I had to turn to the Duende X-EQ and the UAD Pultec Pro (plus some time tweaking) to match or beat what I was getting out of these plugs.

I'm going to keep working with them until my demo expires. Knowing me, I'll miss the simplicity when they expire and will probably end up with them. Fo anyone who wants nearly instant, 'professional-sounding' results and/or does not have any other higher-end plugin EQs, these things are an absolute no-brainer! I mean, DAMN, they are really good!
Old 22nd June 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr ➑️
After a few quick voice track applications I can see myself using these quite a bit! Just a lovely treatment on voices, but I am looking forward to trying them out on various sources...
+10. i have only been using these for a couple of hours now but on vocal applications they shine. really almost a magical quality to these plugins...
beautiful work Abbey Road / EMI -- i am seriously impressed.
Lives for gear

93 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
ill have to check these out
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by manthe ➑️
Been demoing for many hours now. These things are little gems, for sure! Simple, simple, simple! They sound extremely 'open/airy' and pure. I've put them up next to all of my 'top' plugin EQs and they held up 'brilliantly' (pun intended).

On a drum bus, the the RS127 Rack added a really nice top end sparkle and openness. Instead of killing the room sound, it actually brought it out a little and added to the depth and dimension by doing so. I guess it is what we generally refer to as 'air'. The 135 worked very well on electric guitar and they all worked wonders on acoustic guitar. They could even be used on the 2Bus without worry! Ultimately, I was able to match them with stuff I already have and I don't know if I could justify the expense right now. But, it definitely took (what I consider) the cream of the crop to rival them. Ultimately, I had to turn to the Duende X-EQ and the UAD Pultec Pro (plus some time tweaking) to match or beat what I was getting out of these plugs.

I'm going to keep working with them until my demo expires. Knowing me, I'll miss the simplicity when they expire and will probably end up with them. Fo anyone who wants nearly instant, 'professional-sounding' results and/or does not have any other higher-end plugin EQs, these things are an absolute no-brainer! I mean, DAMN, they are really good!
DOH... Isn't that the Idea behind the free damo but ...
DOH Me too!!
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I really like them too. Keep up the good work Abbey Road.

-SD
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Brilliant job on these!!
So far, fantastic on Acoustic gtr, Snare, Ovrhds and vox.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Absolutely worth the weight! Lots of compressors suck the highs out at times -- it is great to have such a excellent reviver of high end!
Old 23rd June 2008 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
The green box is awesome especially on snare and vox, the other boxes are great also. Keep the good work Wade. Did anyone notice it`s based on technology or algorithms by Softube.
Old 24th June 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Anybody try them on the 2 buss? How's the CPU load?
πŸ“ Reply