The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Abbey Road Brilliance Pack
Old 12th September 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghose ➡️
No, the problem was never fixed....I just checked with the new version. And I don't think it's a phase shift within the EQ....the phase problems happen even when the plug-in is bypassed.

If someone has a chance, try this: duplicate a track. Listen to what it sounds like. Then instantiate a brilliance pack plug-in on ONE of the tracks in BYPASS. On my system (PTHD 7.4.2 with delay comp on), it sounds like there is comb filtering going on. A bypassed plug-in shouldn't change the sound at all.
i get that with quite a few plugins in logic, in fact a few waves plugins like C4 and even got it today with Apple Pitch Shifter
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I also love the Brilliance Pack. The green box is really nice on Vox. Simple and easy to tweek without too many options....
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleodgrant ➡️
i get that with quite a few plugins in logic, in fact a few waves plugins like C4 and even got it today with Apple Pitch Shifter
I'm not sure how the Logic delay compensation works but my guess is that those plugins have more latency than the delay compensation can handle. The Abbey Road Brilliance pack apparently only has 3 samples of latency. That's well within what Pro Tools can handle and I'm assuming Logic as well.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghose ➡️
I'm not sure how the Logic delay compensation works but my guess is that those plugins have more latency than the delay compensation can handle. The Abbey Road Brilliance pack apparently only has 3 samples of latency. That's well within what Pro Tools can handle and I'm assuming Logic as well.
logic's delay compensation actually relies on the value reported to it from the plugin so if this info is passed on incorrectly then the PDC won't be correct. i don't think there is a limit that could be reached with the current range of plugins available so i think it's an issue with the plugins
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleodgrant ➡️
logic's delay compensation actually relies on the value reported to it from the plugin so if this info is passed on incorrectly then the PDC won't be correct. i don't think there is a limit that could be reached with the current range of plugins available so i think it's an issue with the plugins
I agree...
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I installed the recent update, and now it won't recognize my ilok authorization..

narco
Old 13th September 2008 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Since version 1.04 you need a new authorization, which will replace the current one.

If you run DP, stick with your current authorization and version 1.03. The new ones don't work yet.

If you run ProTools or Logic or anything else pretty much, put your old plug-in back for now so you can still use it.

Then e-mail Abbey Road with your iLok ID and ask for a new asset to be deposited in your iLok account. Once it's there, replace the asset, re-install the new version, and bam.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey Road ➡️
We've just posted a Brilliance Pack update - 1.0.6 - on our website at Abbey Road Plug-Ins - Downloads

This update is particularly recommended for all users of the Mac versions and fixes the following issues:

- Mouse clicks being 'stolen' from the host application. This issue affected all Mac formats (TDM/RTAS/AU/VST) and could cause host applications to respond sluggishly when mouse clicks were stolen from them by the plug-in windows.

- Crashing in Peak Pro with AU & VST versions.

The Windows versions have also been bumped to v1.0.6, but do not contain any bug fixes or changes.

We are still working on compatibility issues relating to Digital Performer and Wavelab and hope to have those resolved shortly.

Best wishes,
Abbey Road Studios
Abbey Road Plug-ins - Home

Just installed the latest version and I’m still getting random crashes with Peak when using the VST versions, although they are less frequent.

Thanks,
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubimusik ➡️
Since version 1.04 you need a new authorization, which will replace the current one.

If you run DP, stick with your current authorization and version 1.03. The new ones don't work yet.

If you run ProTools or Logic or anything else pretty much, put your old plug-in back for now so you can still use it.

Then e-mail Abbey Road with your iLok ID and ask for a new asset to be deposited in your iLok account. Once it's there, replace the asset, re-install the new version, and bam.
thanks

I actually thought I'd already done that, but just checked and I had never downloaded it onto my ilok. Brain fart. Sorry bout that

thanks
narco
Old 3rd October 2008 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I've bought the Brilliance Pack yesterday and damn! It ain't working on Digital Performer. Already e-mail Abbey Road to see if they can solve my problem.

(Although i could test the plug-ins using Wave Editor, man, they sound really wonderfull!)
Old 3rd October 2008 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Ehehe

Problem solved! Awesome support.
Old 6th October 2008 | Show parent
F5D
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Is the brilliance pack available for purchase only at abbey road website?
F5D
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Actually I already emailed Tony but got no response yet. After reading this thread, it seems that he had some problems getting the brilliance pack for sale.
Old 23rd October 2008 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Am demoing the Abbey Road mastering pack. The best software e.q s I have ever heard! "Only" have imac -so U.A.D express card is not viable now -but what is gonna beat Abbey Road anyway? Random comment (soz -newbie here) -but regarding the Macca bass sound on "Abbey Road" album which I saw discussed but cant find where - Rotosound flatwound strings are what he used -the second lightest gauge. He used the lightest ones (made from NYLON) on the "roof" concert. (Mods -please be light with me. I'll soon figure out the site conventions)

Peace all

Phil x
Old 28th October 2008 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Brilliance Pack reviews

Thanks for all the feedback on the Brilliance Pack so far.

We've put up quotes from some recent reviews here:

http://www.abbeyroadplugins.com/prod...ck__41016.aspx

Our TG Mastering Pack EQs are also available in AU and VST formats. Here's a link to the recent Sound On Sound review:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug0...s/pif_0808.htm

Best regards,
Abbey Road Studios
http://www.abbeyroadplugins.com
Old 28th October 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
nice. well deserved.
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
thats not fair.. i already own them all... dont punish your customers... at least not just a few months after initial release... tutt
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
For those not yet aware of the very special plug-in promotion we're currently running, which includes the Brilliance Pack...

We are offering the chance to buy all three Abbey Road plug-ins in one low-price bundle. Containing the TG12413 Limiter, TG Mastering Pack and Brilliance Pack, the bundle gives you all three of the plug-ins for just $500 (Native) or $750 (TDM), so there's never been a better time to add these to your collection if you've not done so yet.

The offer runs until 9am GMT on Monday 26th January and can only be ordered directly from our website. The plug-ins are provided as downloads, i.e. no boxed product.

Native bundle provides RTAS, AU and VST support
TDM bundle provides TDM and RTAS support

Please visit our website for more information, demos and terms - Abbey Road Plug-ins - Home

Best regards,
Abbey Road Studios
any other upgrade modes to Abbey Road Users?
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
hmmmm...abbey road doesn´t care???

it´s monday 26th! I Have the TG Comp...I want the other 2 plugins??

so??
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I've bought the Brilliance Pack yesterday and damn! It ain't working on Digital Performer. Already e-mail Abbey Road to see if they can solve my problem.

(Although i could test the plug-ins using Wave Editor, man, they sound really wonderfull!)
Hi Miguel,
I would like to know what was the problem with DP.
I´m using DP5.1.Do you think Abbey Road´s plugins
are working fine with it.Thanks!
noisetree
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdarude ➡️
hmmmm...abbey road doesn´t care???

it´s monday 26th! I Have the TG Comp...I want the other 2 plugins??

so??
Sadly, I think you are right.
Either they don't care about their existing customers, OR they don't have their records under control to offer a discount for people who already have some of their products. I have all the plugins, I bought each as they came out. Of course I have spent way more money on them than what they offer them for now. I am not complaining: I think they are all great plugins, and I have used them many many times. But I do find this whole situation a bit concerning. In other words: if I had only one or two plugins, I would love to be able to get the rest under this discount offer... and i can see why people are upset. The least the manufacturer could do here is respond to the numerous posts from people wondering about this. Abbey Road is quick to participate in the threads to announce products for sale, and receive the compliments, but falls silent when people are asking these (in my opinion) valid questions.
Anyway,
as i said: I already own the plugins, so am not ranting for my own benefit: I just wanted to say that I agree with people being upset about the way this is handled.
Sincerely,
p.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Plug-ins weren't opening with some sort of error.

They swapped my license with a old version that's working really great!
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years

regards to Porto!
noisetree
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Regarding a future upgrade path for previous Abbey Road customers, this was posted in a different thread here a couple of weeks ago:

https://gearspace.com/board/3812354-post39.html

Quote:
Hello,

Sorry to those existing customers who are disappointed at the lack of an upgrade path with regards to our current Bundle promotion. We are also working on a separate upgrade offer at the moment for those who already own one or two of our plug-ins. We will be finalising the terms, prices and technicalities of the upgrade once we return from NAMM and are hoping to have the offer available in the coming weeks. Needless to say we value the custom and the loyalty of our existing customers extremely highly, and are working to provide an excellent and beneficial deal for those who have already invested in Abbey Road Plug-ins. If anyone happens to be at NAMM this year and would like to talk about this more in person then please feel free to visit us at booth 6254 in Hall A.

Kind regards
Abbey Road Studios
So it should/could be in the works.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg64 ➡️
Regarding a future upgrade path for previous Abbey Road customers, this was posted in a different thread here a couple of weeks ago:

https://gearspace.com/board/3812354-post39.html

So it should/could be in the works.

That sounds more like fair play!

Should be great for all involved... because, you know, these ARE great plugins!

;-)

p.
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Deleted 7309efb
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr ➡️
... because, you know, these ARE great plugins!

;-)

p.
Yes, they are superb...
I really hope this 'separate upgrade offer' will be interesting for those who already have 2 TG plugins...
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
thanks for the upgrade offer. However in my situation I have mixed feelings. I have both the limiters and brilliance pack native and TDM. If I want to buy the native bundle upgrade, this would kill my TDM versions - if I understand the explanations on your website correctly. So there is no way for my to get the EQs native for a better price without dumping my TDM licenses. Or am I wrong here?
....stopping my rant right now.....at least there is an upgrade path for many others.....
Best of luck,
Pat
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hello all,

We're pleased to say that the upgrade paths for existing customers are now available from Abbey Road Plug-ins - Home

Until 6pm GMT on 23rd February, we're offering a special introductory price on the upgrades, meaning you can save even more if you buy within the next two weeks.

For full details and prices, please visit the Upgrade product page

The Abbey Road Bundle is also again available separately, priced at $649 (Native) and $999 (TDM).

Kind regards,
Abbey Road Studios
Is the $650 Native bundle simply a new, permanent offering, or does that go away on Feb. 23rd also?
📝 Reply