The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Multitrack session.
Old 2nd February 2008
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Multitrack session.

Hi guys. I didn't really know to what location I should post this, but I found the session to genie in a bottle. I got a hold of those beatle tracks, the ain't no mountain tracks, and the queen tracks, and just didn't want to quit. The problem is, the session is for pro tools, and I don't have that. I was wondering if somebody here who did could please render the tracks to wav files. (starting at zero). And also, if you know about any more sessions like this, post it here. I heard that dark side of the moon and bohemian rhapsody could be out there. Thanks in advanced.
Old 2nd February 2008
Pastor Obviedo
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman ➑️
Hi guys. I didn't really know to what location I should post this, but I found the session to genie in a bottle. I got a hold of those beatle tracks, the ain't no mountain tracks, and the queen tracks, and just didn't want to quit. The problem is, the session is for pro tools, and I don't have that. I was wondering if somebody here who did could please render the tracks to wav files. (starting at zero). And also, if you know about any more sessions like this, post it here. I heard that dark side of the moon and bohemian rhapsody could be out there. Thanks in advanced.
THIS IS DANGEROUS.
Old 2nd February 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Actually as much as I hate ProTools, I'd rather they stayed there.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
What do you mean dangerous? Sorry I forgot to post the link. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W8LBHJPC
It is not at all that I like the song. I just am very interested in seeing how things like this are layered.
outofphase
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman ➑️
What do you mean dangerous? Sorry I forgot to post the link. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W8LBHJPC
It is not at all that I like the song. I just am very interested in seeing how things like this are layered.
This is ILLEGAL my friend, why do you think Jules deleted the thread where everyone and their cousins shared SGT. PEPPER and QUEEN multitracks?
tutt
Old 3rd February 2008 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
To my knowledge, multitracks are not copyrighted. Just the finished product. It is not like I was going to sell anything, or make anything from it. I just wanted to educate myself in music production. But, I am 15, so you can't expect me to be well versed in the legality of this. I have just always been interested in music, and hope to have something to do with it as a career, whether it be a producer, or a musician.
Old 15th February 2008 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
how is this illegal, they are pro tools dealer demo they gave them to us to show pro tools to clients (even mentionned not to solo lead vox on genie as its crappily autotuned) bob marley, aint no mountain, bohemian, genie, killer queen, all from the same demo pack tath was sent to digi dealers i would really ike DSOTM or beatles as its the most antastic learning tool I seen in years, esp bohemian as it uses 22 of 24 tracks for vocals at different times, the multing must have been the pain of the pains in the days (just splitting them gave me 56 audio channels
Old 16th February 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It's illegal because Digidesign and the publishers of the music have only granted permission to their dealers to use the tracks for the specific purpose of customers demo-ing Pro Tools. They almost surely haven't authorized online sharing or duplication of the sessions.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i would really like to see the sessions for some old songs as well.
illegal eh?
oh well. if anyone figures out that it is legal to show the sessions let me know where i can find any cool songs
:p
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tba03 ➑️
how is this illegal, they are pro tools dealer demo they gave them to us to show pro tools to clients
It's still piracy. Just becuase they gave the tracks to digi dealers doesn't give anyone the right to distribute them. It's no different than a radio station receiving an artist's new single as a promo copy from the label, and then the radio station posting the song on their web site for download. Without the label's permission, that would be illegal. Just because something has been given away for free does not make it public domain.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
i get your points, but still, best learning tool I had since leaving recording school 15 years ago, even better than recording a band, having a go at mixing some professional (minus a track sheet lol) recordings is wonderfull and gives me motivation to start back mixing as my job thanks to any leakers out there, i wil not make a commercial release of bohemian rhapsody, i will die in shame, but so many things have been learned from splitting and mixing those voices
πŸ“ Reply