The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Alternative to S1 Stereo Imager?
Old 2nd August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthere ➡️
I was addicted to the Brainworx for a few years until a few weeks ago when I switched to AOM stereo imager D, sounds a lot more natural and also gives a bit more sparkle
Noooooo now I must test that too! heh But that can wait because I need to finish a project first. By the way, seems that AOM does some good things lately (or I wasn't aware of it earlier). Their limiter is also very impressive. Although I give the Ozone5 Maximizer 1 credit more at this moment (more options).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestermagneto ➡️
Has anyone tried the bx_stereomaker ?
I did a while ago but to me it was more like the stereo spread tool in Logic Pro or Waves PS22 (for small corrections). The bx_control V2 delivered the result I was searching for (stereo output widening).
Old 3rd August 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Simple and to the point i use brainworx for making certain freq in mono and widen the top sometimes.Sometimes collapsing the bottom to mono alone can take the need of widening away and give you a stronger low end.If you want to get paticular id say the ozone multiband one, its really great especially if your considering 2 buss use. Honestly for most dance/electronic songs i put everything under 175-200hz in mono with a brainworx plug across the mix from the start and just widen on individual tracks. Any widening on the 2 buss is barely anything at all.
Old 4th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamikemusic ➡️
Noooooo now I must test that too! heh But that can wait because I need to finish a project first. By the way, seems that AOM does some good things lately (or I wasn't aware of it earlier). Their limiter is also very impressive. Although I give the Ozone5 Maximizer 1 credit more at this moment (more options).

I did a while ago but to me it was more like the stereo spread tool in Logic Pro or Waves PS22 (for small corrections). The bx_control V2 delivered the result I was searching for (stereo output widening).
cool, i watched some youtube reviews where they showed it collapsed to mono perfectly etc, which seemed nice, but perhaps now i should look at the bx_control V2.....
I like the Ozone stuff, it just seems to really put a cpu hit, even with just individual modules...
Old 5th August 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Yeah the brainworx is a nice low cpu hit. Its very simple, but a great tool to use. Love it!
Old 27th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just use an EQ that has M/S functionality. I like EQuilibrium.
Old 2nd June 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkwoodwest ➡️
This looks like a good one... does all the same things as ableton utility + volume control for each channel.
Flux:: sound and picture development

The Flux work great, any update on the AAX format?
Old 14th August 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM ➡️
Oh their stereo creation tool is very good too and my favourite of those tools.
TNM, do you mean bx_stereomaker? I'm trying to compare stereomaker to Voxengo's Stereo Touch. Since you have found Voxengo's M/S processing to be better than Brainworx's I'm curious if you have any thoughts comparing the two?

It seems that Stereo Touch is the traditional add-delay-to-the-sides approach, whereas Brainworx talks about "energy" and doesn't really explain their "secret." I guess it's doing something different from Stereo Touch though...

They sound quite similar to me once I get the settings right, but then I'm only mastering drone music
📝 Reply