The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PTle, Cubase SX, Sonar Mixing Dilemma
Old 16th November 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
PTle, Cubase SX, Sonar Mixing Dilemma

All right, here is my Quandary.

I am currently doing a couple of projects in my home studio. I have been using Pro Tools for a couple of years now and I love the interface and do all of my audio tracking and editing there.

I have been doing all of my sequencing in some version of Cakewalk/Sonar forever.

I recently got Cubase SX for the smokin' Athlon PC. My goal is to integrate my workflow into one app on a PC.

Now here is the big question.

I have no plugins at this time because I have been mixing on TDM system and haven’t had the need for them at home.

Since I have no plugin investment am starting from scratch here. All things being equal which way would you go if you were me?

Right now I am leaning towards Cubase SX along with a UAD-1 for sure, and maybe a TC Works core card along with some Waves stuff.

I would love to just stay in PTle but with only RTAS to work with and not being able to use the UAD or TC card to take the load off of my CPU it doesn’t seem workable.

Thanks in advance.
📝 Reply